+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 221 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watched the seconds play at St Fagans in a 20/20 game last Monday, Lloyd was dropped by the wicket keeper off the first ball he faced and scrambled the only run he scored from it, only to be caught behind two balls later.
    Did a bit better in the afternoon game, the whole team did. You picked the wrong one to watch.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...h/1090479.html

I was looking to see how Meschede was doing, surprised he hasn't been involved in the first couple of 20/20 games.

Absolutely none of my business but how come you don't watch the first team's 20/20 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Did a bit better in the afternoon game, the whole team did. You picked the wrong one to watch.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...h/1090479.html

I was looking to see how Meschede was doing, surprised he hasn't been involved in the first couple of 20/20 games.

Absolutely none of my business but how come you don't watch the first team's 20/20 games?
    One of the people I watched the game with rang me the following day to say Glamorgan had won the second game - he said that the difference was that they had got Wheater out pretty cheaply in the second game, whereas he had smashed a very quick eighty odd (including four sixes in consecutive balls from Lawlor) first time around.

Can't say how true it is, but the gossip about Meschede at St. Fagans was that he had a falling out with Robert Croft.

Can't afford to go to first team 20/20 matches, but I'd probably go to Championship matches before them if I had the money.

Somebody mentioned last week about the engineered finish that Sussex and Worcester came up with which virtually stopped us from being promoted.I can remember that but how long ago was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Somebody mentioned last week about the engineered finish that Sussex and Worcester came up with which virtually stopped us from being promoted.I can remember that but how long ago was it?
    I mentioned it - it was seven years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_C...p#Division_Two

I mentioned it - it was seven years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_C...p#Division_Two
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/435540.html

Note the bowling figures

Seems like Sussex had plenty of strength in depth in the bowling department back then.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to prove a contrived result in cricket but that looks like they are just taking the piss.

Somerset didn't put much of a fight against us mind when we won the county championship back in '97 to foil Kent (was it?).
    Not right but it happens.

We can't afford T20 oversees player yet bankrupt Durham can

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...y/1111075.html

What's the weather like in Cardiff at the moment? Looking at heading down later but won't bother if it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    What's the weather like in Cardiff at the moment? Looking at heading down later but won't bother if it's raining.
    I'm about to leave in a few minutes from just outside of Cheltenham. The forecast appears to be cloudy but dry for Cardiff this evening so hopefully it will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Seems like Sussex had plenty of strength in depth in the bowling department back then.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to prove a contrived result in cricket but that looks like they are just taking the piss.

Somerset didn't put much of a fight against us mind when we won the county championship back in '97 to foil Kent (was it?).
    Not right but it happens.
    Yep it was Kent.

I remember our final game that season against an appalling Derbyshire side. The rain wrecked the game. Even then Glammy set Derbyshire a very generous target as they had to force the win. Derbyshire were set something like 160 off 55 overs and were in all sorts of trouble and batted out for a draw. We were robbed that season and it cost Matt Maynard his job. If we had gone up he would still have been coach and who knows maybe Tom Maynard would still be with us.

It's cloudy but dry here at the moment

Looks like he was playing with his stump

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-40613629

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Took the risk, raining - game delayed. Obviously brought the weather with me :(

GLAMMY 73-2 off 6 overs

The rain's a bastard.

We were looking decent for a win there.

Game abandoned with glammy going at 10 an over. Typically it stops raining as well

How annoying was that? I said to my lad after about 16 overs that this would be the first time we had seen Glammy score 200 in Cardiff in T20. We were nailed on for the win and that lost point could prove very costly.
    Credit to Rudolph he batted superbly and sensibly tonight. Somerset were awful.
    Thanks to SKY we now play tomorrow afternoon in Chelmsford having had no cricket all week

Two more things.. The club are not being fair to David Lloyd. His face was a picture of utter dejection on the big screen just after he was out. He has lost all confidence and timing.
    Thought the crowd and atmosphere was really good. What a letdown with the weather. I really felt the game was abandoned far too hastily.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    How annoying was that? I said to my lad after about 16 overs that this would be the first time we had seen Glammy score 200 in Cardiff in T20. We were nailed on for the win and that lost point could prove very costly.
    Thanks to SKY we now play tomorrow afternoon in Chelmsford having had no cricket all week

Two more things.. The club are not being fair to David Lloyd. His face was a picture of utter dejection on the big screen just after he was out. He has lost all confidence and timing.
    Thought the crowd and atmosphere was really good. What a letdown with the weather. I really felt the game was abandoned far too hastily.
    Somerset had lost their last nine 20/20 matches apparently - thirty points adrift of safety in the Championship as well, Maynard's time at that club could well be coming to an end,

Somerset had lost their last nine 20/20 matches apparently - thirty points adrift of safety in the Championship as well, Maynard's time at that club could well be coming to an end,
    Yes I was thinking that too. They did really well in the County Championship last season but this time around they are really struggling. Their performance last night reminded me of Glammy in T20 under Maynard. Not sure he is bothered about this form of the game.

That reverse sweep slog for six from Rudolf was something else, some of his shot placement was excellent.

That reverse sweep slog for six from Rudolf was something else, some of his shot placement was excellent.
    He was timing the ball really well. There is no way Somerset would have chased down 200

He was timing the ball really well. There is no way Somerset would have chased down 200
    Was their player Waller getting some stick on the boundary because he went a bit over the top with his c&b and catch I the deep?

It certainly felt that way as it stopped raining about 5 minutes after they called it though I'd imagine that both teams having games today didn't exactly help. Cheers Sky!

On the subject of today's game, Essex are 87-2 off 9.

Was their player Waller getting some stick on the boundary because he went a bit over the top with his c&b and catch I the deep?
    Yep my son picked up on this. I was oblivious to it all. Hell of a catch though. Salter stood his ground in disbelief.
    Big run chase today. Essex 115/2 off 11. Why take Ingram off after conceding 7 off his first over? Meschede comes on in his place and conceded 19.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41143

I see poor old Lloyd is in the team again, why are they torturing him again?