+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 223 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41143

I see poor old Lloyd is in the team again, why are they torturing him again?
    I know. Rudolph's captaincy again very dubious. Salter and Ingram going for 7/8 an over which is fine are taken off for bowlers going for 13/14 an over. Play the slower bowlers and make the batsmen do all the work

So Glammy will need 220 to win. That's about 30 more than they would want to be chasing. Doable but only if Ingram plays a big innings

Stunning. Massive century again from Ingram, big knock off Cooke and a six off the last ball from Meshede.
    Against our bogey side too

We've beaten Sussex & Essex away with big scores. We face them both at the Swalec next weekend. Sussex Friday night & Essex Sunday afternoon.

Decent results could put us top of the table. Suddenly I'm feeling more positive.

Well I'm glad I'm not a betting man as I'd have done my stones on us losing chasing 11 per over.
    Sensational stuff

What a fantastic result, didn't expect that against Essex our bogey side as previously said in the thread. Another massive contribution from Ingram and a little cameo from Lloyd of 20 that might boost his confidence a little.

What a fantastic result, didn't expect that against Essex our bogey side as previously said in the thread. Another massive contribution from Ingram and a little cameo from Lloyd of 20 that might boost his confidence a little.
    Fantastic win. We were watching the score updates on my son's phone en route to a family meal. Brilliant from Ingram and Cooke did well too. Fabulous stuff from Meschede at the death. Pleased that Lloyd made a decent contribution. Will give Sussex a miss next Friday because of the hassle getting there in time but looking forward to the Essex return next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One of the people I watched the game with rang me the following day to say Glamorgan had won the second game - he said that the difference was that they had got Wheater out pretty cheaply in the second game, whereas he had smashed a very quick eighty odd (including four sixes in consecutive balls from Lawlor) first time around.

Can't say how true it is, but the gossip about Meschede at St. Fagans was that he had a falling out with Robert Croft.

Can't afford to go to first team 20/20 matches, but I'd probably go to Championship matches before them if I had the money.
    Looks like Croft and Meschede made up just in time.

A great win today, 395 runs in 37.2 overs inside 24 hours for Glamorgan this weekend (with a 200 mile drive thrown in too). I'm aware there's a fair bit of negativity around the club at the minute and I'm sure there'll be some setbacks in the 20/20 too but credit where it's due, plenty of spirit from the players in the past week. I agree with Pearcey about the atmosphere last night, poor weather and not a big crowd but there was a very warm reaction to the positive cricket being played. Shame the rain came but hopefully this weekend's performances will encourage a couple of decent attendances next weekend.

Is there a better one day batsman playing regular county cricket than Ingram? I don't think so.

Obviously, I thought Glamorgan were on course for a defeat at the change over, but I've far more confidence in them when it comes to one day cricket than I do in the four day game and thought they were capable of chasing the score down - eighth highest t20 second innings total ever and the fifth highest successful run chase.

I hope that abandonment against Somerset (I'm sure we would have won) doesn't cost us in the end.

I know it doesn't happen often enough but I still love it when Glamorgan win a game - in any format. What a result from Essex. Up to 2nd and finding some form. What a shame about Somerset.

Interesting top four for Surrey in their 20/20 game tonight; Finch, Roy, Pietersen and Sangakkara. I reckon the four of them put together still don't make an Ingram but we'll see, we play Surrey down here on Friday week.

Glamorgan sign David Miller for the rest of the T20. He'll hit big and should be used to condition after touring with SA in the shorter stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Interesting top four for Surrey in their 20/20 game tonight; Finch, Roy, Pietersen and Sangakkara. I reckon the four of them put together still don't make an Ingram but we'll see, we play Surrey down here on Friday week.
    KP batted on one leg last night and still took us home. We're pretty bad at defending high scores, but for some reason quite decent at defending below average ones

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Glamorgan sign David Miller for the rest of the T20. He'll hit big and should be used to condition after touring with SA in the shorter stuff.
    Good signing although do we really need another Souyh African?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good signing although do we really need another Souyh African?
    I would imagine that, that is where the club has the better connections. Its is a good signing though plenty of experience and a big hitter.

Looks like a wash out for tonight's game

There's always some games in this competition that you're almost pleases to see rained off, but I'd say that, assuming it is off tonight, we've lost out on two that were definitely winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's always some games in this competition that you're almost pleases to see rained off, but I'd say that, assuming it is off tonight, we've lost out on two that were definitely winnable.
    I think we were probably winning that game 90% of the time and this one we are favourites so we have been dealt a pretty shitty hand. Could very well cost us.

Hmm, stopped raining and I can see some blue sky in the west - maybe we might get a game of some sort?

Still raining in Rumney

Start delayed but not yet game abandoned.

The rain has stopped (from where I am in Treforest)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Start delayed but not yet game abandoned.

The rain has stopped (from where I am in Treforest)
    You never can tell, it wasn't raining here when the Somerset game was abandoned last week four miles away

You never can tell, it wasn't raining here when the Somerset game was abandoned last week four miles away
    Yep it can be so localised. Have a feeling we won't see any cricket tonight. The forecast for Sunday is also iffy so just don't know whether to go that game or not. This is bad luck for the club to have such poor weather with two home weekend games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep it can be so localised. Have a feeling we won't see any cricket tonight. The forecast for Sunday is also iffy so just don't know whether to go that game or not. This is bad luck for the club to have such poor weather with two home weekend games.
    We're not having much luck weatherwise