+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 221 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

It probably won’t make a difference to the end result but yet again Middlesex’s last pair have put on a huge score - another 80 runs. Only 550 runs or so to win then 😄

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This has been the first four day game all season where we've played at something like 2018's miserable standards and, although our record in the 50 over competition wasn't great, we were competitive in that tournament throughout. We've generally had Middlesex's measure in the one day stuff in recent years, but play them in the four day stuff and they always dominate us. None of us would have been expecting a promotion challenge which is going to go into the last month of the campaign back in April, so I'm not going to get too critical about what is happening in our latest match.
    Talk about bubble bursting. After being unbeaten to this point we have been trounced. But like you i am not going to be negative but write this one off as the bad game and cross fingers. The 2 late flourishes in both Middlesex innings for wickets 7-10 are killers. Got to stop that next game.

Thought we'd turned the corner with our bowlers learning how to kill off the tail in quick time but then again, I'm not going to be too critical..... etc

Some entertaining hitting by the tail today, but it's our first Championship defeat of the season - next up leaders Lancashire at Colwyn Bay in mid August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44911

Some entertaining hitting by the tail today, but it's our first Championship defeat of the season - next up leaders Lancashire at Colwyn Bay in mid August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44911

I hope I am not being too much of a defeatist, but we have a tough final run in with 4 games left.
    It would not surprise me if we ended up 4th

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I hope I am not being too much of a defeatist, but we have a tough final run in with 4 games left.
    It would not surprise me if we ended up 4th
    I'd like to think we could stagger over the line with a couple of backs to the wall performances but I fear for us up north at Colwyn Bay.

Lancs will win the division. The two other promotion places are up for grabs. We have lost our buffer over the chasing pack and with Labuschagne it’s going to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lancs will win the division. The two other promotion places are up for grabs. We have lost our buffer over the chasing pack and with Labuschagne it’s going to be difficult.
    I'd back us to beat Leicester given decent weather and, hopefully, Worcester and Durham's promotion hopes may be diminished by the time we play them.

Any coverage for tonights T20 vs The Wurzels ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Any coverage for tonights T20 vs The Wurzels ?
    Don't think so - Glamorgan 56-0 after four overs.

Yes thanks, following on the clubs website, Lloyds actually in double figures with SIX fours !!

Decent 180 off 20, Ingram finally got going, I think his last 6 balls produced 32 runs, 4 SIXES and a couple of Fours.

Decent 180 off 20, Ingram finally got going, I think his last 6 balls produced 32 runs, 4 SIXES and a couple of Fours.
    Yep and those runs were badly needed as it had fallen away. That’s a good total in Cardiff. Glammy rarely get beyond 160 at home so it should be enough.

Yep and those runs were badly needed as it had fallen away. That’s a good total in Cardiff. Glammy rarely get beyond 160 at home so it should be enough.
    De Langes doing his best to lose it in the first over for them ,16 off 5 balls, 2 NBs !!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy.

De Langes doing his best to lose it in the first over for them ,16 off 5 balls, 2 NBs !!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy.
    Yep 51/0 off four. Bring on the slower bowlers.

Dreadful captaincy to bring back De Lange.

Somerset coasting was this. Very disappointing after such a strong start.

Somerset coasting was this. Very disappointing after such a strong start.
    Yeah, they will do this with overs to spare, decent total to defend for us but the bowling line up has been weak from the first over.

Another one tomorrow, Glos. at Cheltenham 2.30pm can`t wait !!

Another one tomorrow, Glos. at Cheltenham 2.30pm can`t wait !!
    Looks like it will be rained off

Looks like it will be rained off
    Points in the bag then !!

Points in the bag then !!
    Rain better come soon we're getting hammered.... Lol it has come hope it stays

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Rain better come soon we're getting hammered
    Benny Howell is one of the best t20 bowlers around. It genuinely shocks me he doesn't get deals in IPL and Big Bash. His record is incredible, you can't get him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Benny Howell is one of the best t20 bowlers around. It genuinely shocks me he doesn't get deals in IPL and Big Bash. His record is incredible, you can't get him away.
    Can't say I've ever heard of him but 5-18 tells a story

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Rain better come soon we're getting hammered.... Lol it has come hope it stays
    They are off again for rain, not a great start for Ingram, season will be dead if this continues.