+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slight Driving Scare

Slight Driving Scare

Dropped my missus and her friend off at their friend's birthday party. Was driving home on the Eastern Avenue, bonnet flew up and smashed the windscreen. Luckily no other traffic about and I got over, unscathed, to the hard shoulder, using my rear view mirror with hazards on. Drove home with a shattered windscreen. Been over an hour talking to a ‘bot’ or whatever they’re called re. insurance to no avail. Sort it out tomorrow, hopefully. Just glad to be home safe, not an experience I’d wish on anyone.

Re: Slight Driving Scare

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dropped my missus and her friend off at their friend's birthday party. Was driving home on the Eastern Avenue, bonnet flew up and smashed the windscreen. Luckily no other traffic about and I got over, unscathed, to the hard shoulder, using my rear view mirror with hazards on. Drove home with a shattered windscreen. Been over an hour talking to a ‘bot’ or whatever they’re called re. insurance to no avail. Sort it out tomorrow, hopefully. Just glad to be home safe, not an experience I’d wish on anyone.
    That is one scare glad you are safe

Happened to me once driving a hired van. Bastard hire co owner tried to blame me until he inspected the van and saw the bonnet hinges rusted through.
    Needless to say I didn't use that company again.

wow that must have got the adrenaline flowing!

seems suspicious though, has anyone recently encouraged you to extend your life insurance cover

About 40 years ago I had a summer job cleaning second hand cars for a dealer. Now and again I had to move cars between sites. One time I was driving a VW Passat and it happened to me. No broken windscreen and I wasn't going very fast so was able to stop ok.