+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 221 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Honestly can't remember what Marsh even looks like. When was he last at the club?
    He was injured in our first home T20 game which would have been early July.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Morris needs to go to. The club are an embarrassment. A massive overhaul is required
    I blame this thread!

Somebody please start another one for next season.

He was injured in our first home T20 game which would have been early July.
    I think he went back to Australia for treatment then but no idea if he came back since. This is the issue with centrally contracted overseas players, with Warner and Smith out Marsh is important for the winter and the reality is he was going to be wrapped in cotton wool. In which case what are we paying for? Were we paying him all Summer?

He will pop up in the winter fit and healthy and do a job for Australia.

Morris needs to go to. The club are an embarrassment. A massive overhaul is required
    Feels like it to me. Morris was head of coaching at the ECB surely he knows enough people in the game to find an adequate replacement for Croft. Maynard appears to have made these kids even worse at batting but who knows how involved he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think he went back to Australia for treatment then but no idea if he came back since. This is the issue with centrally contracted overseas players, with Warner and Smith out Marsh is important for the winter and the reality is he was going to be wrapped in cotton wool. In which case what are we paying for? Were we paying him all Summer?

He will pop up in the winter fit and healthy and do a job for Australia.

I would hope the club had insurance in place to cover the loss of Marsh. It did look like he had a nasty collision at the time.

I'm opening up a new GLAMMY 2 thread..quicker to get on..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I can’t believe it

4 youngsters sign new contracts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45640632

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I can’t believe it

4 youngsters sign new contracts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45640632
    Bull deserves a chance. Salter has had plenty of chances but sadly isn’t good enough.
    Murphy may make it as a batsman. He has done well on occasions this season. Owen Morgan has had so few chances. Brown looked out of his depth.

Surprised Hogsn didn’t enforce the follow in but with Glammy 333 ahead and six wickets in hand we should end the season as we started it with a win.

Bull deserves a chance. Salter has had plenty of chances but sadly isn’t good enough.
    Murphy may make it as a batsman. He has done well on occasions this season. Owen Morgan has had so few chances. Brown looked out of his depth.

Surprised Hogsn didn’t enforce the follow in but with Glammy 333 ahead and six wickets in hand we should end the season as we started it with a win.
    Let’s hope you’re right

Haven't managed to get to see Glammy this season much (thankfully ) so I can't accurately comment on the new contracts given to these youngsters.
    What I will say though is that if the reward for success on the pitch was mirrored in their deals, they will still be dining at MacDonalds and shopping in Aldi for the foreseeable.

Regarding the decision to bat rather than force the follow on, I think it was the right one.
    After seven successive defeats, even an (unlikely) draw would be seen as progress but I also could see a scenario of our attack being taken to the cleaners and our batsmen crumbling again.

Another factor, tomorrow weatherwise is the better of the 2 days left to bat... I won't be putting any money on a win mind you!

Haven't managed to get to see Glammy this season much (thankfully ) so I can't accurately comment on the new contracts given to these youngsters.
    What I will say though is that if the reward for success on the pitch was mirrored in their deals, they will still be dining at MacDonalds and shopping in Aldi for the foreseeable.

Regarding the decision to bat rather than force the follow on, I think it was the right one.
    After seven successive defeats, even an (unlikely) draw would be seen as progress but I also could see a scenario of our attack being taken to the cleaners and our batsmen crumbling again.

Another factor, tomorrow weatherwise is the better of the 2 days left to bat... I won't be putting any money on a win mind you!
    Finally a win. Thank God the season is over. There is already a problem next season as Shaun Marsh is highly likely to be involved in the Ashes series so Morris needs to ensure another overseas batsman is around. We also need to recruit a minimum of another two batsmen. We can’t have another season like this.

Finally a win. Thank God the season is over. There is already a problem next season as Shaun Marsh is highly likely to be involved in the Ashes series so Morris needs to ensure another overseas batsman is around. We also need to recruit a minimum of another two batsmen. We can’t have another season like this.
    Made pretty hard work of it in the end with nearly a ton for the 10th wicket, the tail enders showing up the batsmen on both sides.

Indeed it has been an awful batting season. Definitely some batsmen needed and ideally an experienced overseas bat.
    From memory our bowlers were decent this year, better than in many I can remember (especially pre-Waqar) but too many times had poor scores to defend.

Morris has plenty to do this winter.

uPdAtE...….Carlson been approached by Middlesex (Cant stand Croft and wants to go).....Meschede only offered white ball contract and not happy...Joe Root's brother Billy being lined up to join

Carlson and Meschede are two out of a few players I've been told are dissatisfied with Croft (Donald was another one) and if Carlson does leave then serious questions need to be asked about the viability of this produce our own players policy when the better ones can't seem to wait to get away from the club under someone like Croft (who would have been sacked for lack of results at many counties ages ago).

As for Billy Root (top score in all competitions this season of just 41 after a good 2017), he's hardly the experienced performer talked about by the club - many of the younger players already at Glamorgan have probably played more first class cricket than him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Carlson and Meschede are two out of a few players I've been told are dissatisfied with Croft (Donald was another one) and if Carlson does leave then serious questions need to be asked about the viability of this produce our own players policy when the better ones can't seem to wait to get away from the club under someone like Croft (who would have been sacked for lack of results at many counties ages ago).

As for Billy Root (top score in all competitions this season of just 41 after a good 2017), he's hardly the experienced performer talked about by the club - many of the younger players already at Glamorgan have probably played more first class cricket than him.
    Lets hope this external review comes up with something.

It is certainly reporting back pretty quickly (October so the report I saw said). From the sound of things it needs to be early October.

It would be interesting to know who is actually doing this review.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Lets hope this external review comes up with something.

It is certainly reporting back pretty quickly (October so the report I saw said). From the sound of things it needs to be early October.

It would be interesting to know who is actually doing this review.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45630555

Changing the subject slightly, but what a fantastic match at The Oval being shown on Sky. Champions Surrey bowled out for 60 odd first innings and over 400 behind after Essex batted , score 500 second innings leaving Essex 130 to win and Essex get there nine down. Looking forward to watching the highlights of that on Sky tonight. Fair play to Surrey they seem to have a conveyor belt producing quality youngsters at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Changing the subject slightly, but what a fantastic match at The Oval being shown on Sky. Champions Surrey bowled out for 60 odd first innings and over 400 behind after Essex batted , score 500 second innings leaving Essex 130 to win and Essex get there nine down. Looking forward to watching the highlights of that on Sky tonight. Fair play to Surrey they seem to have a conveyor belt producing quality youngsters at the moment
    Yes, it was a great watch wasn't it. Surrey have never been a club I've had much time for because I always think of them as a moneybags club and, to a degree, they bought the Championship this year with Morkel, but they also have some very good youngsters - they were the best team by some way this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand Boy View Post
    uPdAtE...….Carlson been approached by Middlesex (Cant stand Croft and wants to go).....Meschede only offered white ball contract and not happy...Joe Root's brother Billy being lined up to join
    You heard it here first! - http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cric...illy-root.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Carlson is one of the few young batsmen we have who might make it. If he does go then it reflects very badly on Croft. It would then be certain that it wasn’t only Donald who was disaffected and that there may be a number of others who feel the same way.
    It will also make the policy of promoting young players to the first team look like an absolute shambles.
    It’s right for Morris to step down. Croft should do so as well. We simply cannot have another season as bad as this one in 2019.

I liked the last sentence let’s hope they announce that Croft is going too

Croft has left. New Director of Cricket and a new Head Coach then.

Enter a certain M Maynard to take us to glory?
    (à la 97)