+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Turnball's corners

International

Turnball's corners

Brilliant, we have a new weapon and look even more dangerous from deadball situations!

Re: Turnball's corners

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Brilliant, we have a new weapon and look even more dangerous from deadball situations!
    Turnbull brilliant in deadbull situations!

A flat,pacey,curling, dipping corner.I've watched it back a few times and can't remember the last player we had that had a delivery quite like that. Whitts I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    A flat,pacey,curling, dipping corner.I've watched it back a few times and can't remember the last player we had that had a delivery quite like that. Whitts I suppose.
    Joe Ralls manages that sometimes - but not consistently.

If Turnbull has that quality and control more often, happy days!

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    We were top of the league from set plays anyway, it's a real plus, if the wingers run at them they'll have a real chance as other teams will be petrified against giving free kicks and corners against us.

Right footed player with the venom and accuracy of a left footer. They are excellent.

Great on corners in that last game! but id rather see Ng take anything central

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Joe Ralls manages that sometimes - but not consistently.
    bit harsh? id say we've eaten well on Ralls's corners he is a consistent performer for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Great on corners in that last game! but id rather see Ng take anything central

bit harsh? id say we've eaten well on Ralls's corners he is a consistent performer for sure
    I wouldn't say its harsh, at least Ralls tries to take a decent flat curling ball with lots of zip, you just have to get a head on it and the pace does the rest. He is a bit hit and miss, but doesn't do that deep floaty shit of last season

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Top class delivery, as has been said, something Ralls and Wintle have struggled to do consistently this season.

Yes there has been a number of occasions when we've done well from their dead balls but I remember being frustrated so many times for either not beating the first man or a hopeful ball stood up, meat and drink for a defender.
    It's not like we get loads of free kicks and corners in any game so when we do get one, we need to give the best opportunity for our big lads to shine.

Turnbull hasn't overly impressed thus far but Saturday's performance will have done his confidence a lot of good.

Not just the corners, Turnbull contributed well to the win. Onwards & upwards for him hopefully.

....so....we're now going to be on the edge of our seats....waiting to see if we can force a corner.....so we can see a pro......doing what a pro should be doing.....

This is what happens when 2/3 of the season has gone by watching Wintle. This is what it's come to.

I'm so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ....so....we're now going to be on the edge of our seats....waiting to see if we can force a corner.....so we can see a pro......doing what a pro should be doing.....

This is what happens when 2/3 of the season has gone by watching Wintle. This is what it's come to.

I'm so excited.
    I just can’t hide it
    I’m about to lose control
    And I think I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

I'm so excited.
    I was thinking the same.

A pro footballer who can kick it in the right direction more often than not.

What a joy to behold.

His corners were excellent. His general game was a bit better but we need to see more from him, I hope as his confidence grows so does his game.