+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 221 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In the end very comfortable.Our first home win in T20 this season. Leics at home is winnable. Let's hope for a dry day. We should find out tonight which night next week the game is played. A great effort to finish top of the table. Plaudits to the team.
    Agree

Wednesday 23rd, 6:30pm v Leics. Not sure how that fits in with Miller's schedule

Let's hope Miller is available, amazingly it's forecast dry for Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Wednesday 23rd, 6:30pm v Leics. Not sure how that fits in with Miller's schedule
    Yep. We will find out soon enough. We do need Miller. At the moment it's dry on Wednesday. Really looking forward to going to this. Hopefully we will have 10,000 for this.

South Africa A v India A due to finish on the 22nd. Thursday or Friday and he'd definitely play, can't see him being able to make the Wednesday. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    South Africa A v India A due to finish on the 22nd. Thursday or Friday and he'd definitely play, can't see him being able to make the Wednesday. Oh well
    It looks too tight for a long haul flight back. Big shame.

An absolutely mental group stage and what has been an immensely competitive one; don't think you've have many places where all the teams could qualify with one game left to go...

To any Glammy members are they making you buy a ticket? Despite being a T20 member (which should entail access to ALL games) at Surrey we're being asked to cough up £15; looks like Derbyshire and Notts are also following suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Typical.
    Anyone want a cheap finals day ticket?
    Yeah

Don't wanna be the voice of doom but a home game T20

Good win, little pressure TBF though, win win

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    An absolutely mental group stage and what has been an immensely competitive one; don't think you've have many places where all the teams could qualify with one game left to go...

To any Glammy members are they making you buy a ticket? Despite being a T20 member (which should entail access to ALL games) at Surrey we're being asked to cough up £15; looks like Derbyshire and Notts are also following suit.
    Yep we will need to buy a ticket. The club were clear that if you bought a T20 season ticket it was for the seven home games only. It's fair enough although those who bought them have not had value for money with all the abandonments.
    Good win for your boys tonight. Kent really choked though.

Sad news this morning that Don Shepherd has passed away. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Oh bless. Very sad to hear of this. Just after his 90th birthday. The word legend is bandied around too often in sport. This guy was a true Glamorgan legend who was good enough to play Test cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Ah bless.
    90 is a cracking innings.
    Glamorgan and cricket all time greats no question.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah bless.
    90 is a cracking innings.
    Glamorgan and cricket all time greats no question.
    Yep over 2000 first class wickets. That's staggering.

I cannot think of a single cricketer who would have averaged around 100 first class wickets nearly every season over the course of twenty odd years who didn't play test cricket. Shepherd was so unlucky to be playing when Lock and Laker were around.
    We ought to have a separate RIP thread. Paul (ToBW) is the man for that.

I cannot think of a single cricketer who would have averaged around 100 first class wickets nearly every season over the course of twenty odd years who didn't play test cricket. Shepherd was so unlucky to be playing when Lock and Laker were around.
    We ought to have a separate RIP thread. Paul (ToBW) is the man for that.
    He'd have had 100 caps if he was playing these days with all the forms of cricket flying about.
    Of course not playing for a "fashionable" county didn't help his cause.

Here's the link to the BBC tribute...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/25748983

He'd have had 100 caps if he was playing these days with all the forms of cricket flying about.
    Of course not playing for a "fashionable" county didn't help his cause.

Here's the link to the BBC tribute...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/25748983
    I was thinking exactly this about the 100 caps of he was playing today

Although Moeen does a decent job, you look at some of the spinners who have played for England in recent years, then think of Don Shepherd and you have to shake your head and wonder - maybe his lack of batting ability (by his own admission he was a slogger, albeit an effective one at times) would have held him back, but, if the criteria was purely as a bowler (which it should be) then I'd say a Don Shepherd at his peak today would be at or close to fifty test caps.

I daresay there will be those who will say that he owed a lot of his victims to the fact that they used to play on uncovered wickets back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s and it's probably true to say that his haul of wickets wouldn't be as high if he were playing today, but wickets didn't need to be wet for Shep to be effective.

RIP to the man who it could be argued was both the best England qualified bowler never to win a cap and Glamorgan's greatest ever bowler.

Got our tickets for Wednesday's quarter final. The weather looks OKish at the moment.
    Sadly the club had no insurance for all the T20 abandonments so could really do with a big crowd on Wednesday.
    So who is going from here?

Got our tickets for Wednesday's quarter final. The weather looks OKish at the moment.
    Sadly the club had no insurance for all the T20 abandonments so could really do with a big crowd on Wednesday.
    So who is going from here?
    Also got mine today, I hope that i'm wrong but they didn't give the impression that they were terribly busy in the ticket office. Maybe people are waiting until tomorrow/Wednesday when they can be a bit more certain about the weather & after the all the issues we have had who can blame them.

Did you have a 20/20 membership? In case you don't know Glamorgan will be writing to you shortly with your refund options following the abandoned matches.

Took a couple of days off from Wednesday as the weather "supposed" to be picking up. Might see how the weather turns out and if I can wangle postponing leaving until after the game.

Hopefully others thinking the same and we get a bumper crowd.
    They must be losing money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Also got mine today, I hope that i'm wrong but they didn't give the impression that they were terribly busy in the ticket office. Maybe people are waiting until tomorrow/Wednesday when they can be a bit more certain about the weather & after the all the issues we have had who can blame them.

Did you have a 20/20 membership? In case you don't know Glamorgan will be writing to you shortly with your refund options following the abandoned matches.
    Usually buy the T20 season ticket but didn't bother this season. Why are the club offering refunds? It will hammer them financially.

Usually buy the T20 season ticket but didn't bother this season. Why are the club offering refunds? It will hammer them financially.

It was part of the terms & conditions when the 20/20 memberships were sold (£0 for the first abandonment & then £8 for each subsequent game that was called off). I suppose if they they offer refunds for people who buy individual match tickets then it would be unfair not to do something similar with members.

I am awaiting confirmation but I believe that they will either offer a cash refund of £24 or £48 off next season's membership. To me it looks like the offer to discount next season's membership is an attempt to limit the impact on immediate cashflow so on that basis I hope that most people choose this option.

Took a couple of days off from Wednesday as the weather "supposed" to be picking up. Might see how the weather turns out and if I can wangle postponing leaving until after the game.

Hopefully others thinking the same and we get a bumper crowd.
    They must be losing money hand over fist.

Glamorgan aren't exactly flush with cash & the 20/20 games are normally very good earners so they must be taking a big hit this season. As you say let's hope we get a bumper crowd which will go someway to filling the financial hole. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but reaching finals day will help massively, with the 20/20 winner receiving £175k.

Glamorgan aren't exactly flush with cash & the 20/20 games are normally very good earners so they must be taking a big hit this season. As you say let's hope we get a bumper crowd which will go someway to filling the financial hole. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but reaching finals day will help massively, with the 20/20 winner receiving £175k.

Sorry just checked & that's players prize money from the ECB to be split amongst them, can't see what the winning county will get

It was part of the terms & conditions when the 20/20 memberships were sold (£0 for the first abandonment & then £8 for each subsequent game that was called off). I suppose if they they offer refunds for people who buy individual match tickets then it would be unfair not to do something similar with members.

I am awaiting confirmation but I believe that they will either offer a cash refund of £24 or £48 off next season's membership. To me it looks like the offer to discount next season's membership is an attempt to limit the impact on immediate cashflow so on that basis I hope that most people choose this option.
    Crikey that's generous but will really hurt the club.Agree with you on the options AP.