+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Happy ninetieth birthday to a real Glamorgan great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40878215

A very decent bloke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Happy ninetieth birthday to a real Glamorgan great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40878215

A very decent bloke as well.
    How he never played Test cricket is beyond me. I recall he used to co-commentate with Bevan in the days of 40 over cricket being played on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    How he never played Test cricket is beyond me. I recall he used to co-commentate with Bevan in the days of 40 over cricket being played on Sundays.
    I spent a very boozy Saturday night with Edward Bevan, Chris Cowdrey and Don Shepherd when a few of us went down to Taunton to watch a three day game with Somerset over the Whitsun weekend in the early nineties (Swindon beat Leicester in the Play Off Final on the Monday to win promotion to the Premier League) - Don was funny, perceptive and, occasionally, critical when talking modern day players but, most importantly, more than stood his round!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I spent a very boozy Saturday night with Edward Bevan, Chris Cowdrey and Don Shepherd when a few of us went down to Taunton to watch a three day game with Somerset over the Whitsun weekend in the early nineties (Swindon beat Leicester in the Play Off Final on the Monday to win promotion to the Premier League) - Don was funny, perceptive and, occasionally, critical when talking modern day players but, most importantly, more than stood his round!
    Good stuff. You always have to stand your round.

I wonder who'll be the 1000th poster on this thread. My money's on LBlue

Or pearcey