+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

just the one more wicket now

Done well there, chase of 165 to win. Helped a bit by Evison having to bat down the order. All in all a very good first 3 innings of the game for Glamorgan.

Should be a relatively comfortable chase. Decent deck, good top order. C'mon glammy !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Done well there, chase of 165 to win. Helped a bit by Evison having to bat down the order. All in all a very good first 3 innings of the game for Glamorgan.

Should be a relatively comfortable chase. Decent deck, good top order. C'mon glammy !
    played well so far this would be a great win and 23pts

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    played well so far this would be a great win and 23pts
    Cmon glammy

International

42 -1 Salter lbw 16

Second century of the season for Bracey of Gloucestershire and Haines of Sussex is 203 not out, a couple of possible England players doing well there.

There’s a possibility of a remarkable achievement at Canterbury where Kent opener Ben Compton (Dennis Compton’s grand son), having carried his bat in the first innings is still in second time around with seven wickets down - I’m sure an opener has batted right through both innings some time before in cricket, but, having been a fan of the game since the mid sixties, I’m not sure it’s happened in the domestic game in all of that time.

52-2, Lloyd gone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    52-2, Lloyd gone.
    They’re not going to make this easy are they!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    No, Chrisp has more faith in our batting than I have

Bad time to lose Lloyd just before lunch. We need Labuschagne to stick around.

It could go spectacularly wrong . But the way I see it, we needed 166, knocked off 52 of those for 2 wickets. After lunch at 1 end we have the best batsman in world cricket, at the other a bloke coming off 85 in the first innings. It ain't over til it's over, but we're in one hell of a position. Just wish I was in Nottingham, sitting in the sun with a few beers down me !!!!

12 off an over by the spinner to put us right in charge, followed by athe 2icket of Northeast next over. Need this or the next partnership to bring us home now .

Carlson not taking his time then

Not sure if the stats back this up or not, but Carlson seems to be a much better 2nd innings player than first. Always seems to stand up and score a lot of runs in the 2nd innings. Maybe its down to him preferring the spinners (his footwork is fantastic). Or maybe it's just chance

Huge 6 by Carlson to win it !! Absolutely brilliant by Glamorgan

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Huge 6 by Carlson to win it !! Absolutely brilliant by Glamorgan
    https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...ket%2F60076639

Great win. Top of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I was wrong, they did, great win with some decent contributions from a number of players

Fantastic win

That’s got to be Glamorgan’s best four day win in a long time - a comfortable victory against everyone’s tip for the title.

The Notts commentator sounded like a decent bloke over the past four days, but I am so glad we won after his slightly arrogant words in this season preview piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60880334

That’s got to be Glamorgan’s best four day win in a long time - a comfortable victory against everyone’s tip for the title.

The Notts commentator sounded like a decent bloke over the past four days, but I am so glad we won after his slightly arrogant words in this season preview piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60880334
    Not only a win, Bob, but a cruise! We had the best of every day. I can't recall us chasing a total like that in a 4th innings with such ease.

England will be looking at Carlson soon. But then they will be looking at everyone who has scored a run!

I read that it's the first County Championship win there in almost 25 years. Bizarre that a few hundred yards across the road we have won ten times in that period.

I was lucky enough to be at the 50 over final. Perhaps Trent Bridge will match the City Ground in the future!

Second century of the season for Bracey of Gloucestershire and Haines of Sussex is 203 not out, a couple of possible England players doing well there.

There’s a possibility of a remarkable achievement at Canterbury where Kent opener Ben Compton (Dennis Compton’s grand son), having carried his bat in the first innings is still in second time around with seven wickets down - I’m sure an opener has batted right through both innings some time before in cricket, but, having been a fan of the game since the mid sixties, I’m not sure it’s happened in the domestic game in all of that time.
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?
    No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.

No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.
    Very Half a Beeish, great stats