+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

We won!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    At least Derbyshire didn't win. Essex are going to nick this.
    No they're not we won by 11

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We won!
    How unexpected

Immense effort from Timm and Hoges and an outstanding victory. Just shows how badly they have underperformed in previous games.
    Just a word on Wally who has now taken 51 catches which is more than any other keeper in either division. He has scored more runs that most other keepers too. Well done to Wally. He is still a top keeper after all these years.

Three wins in the Championship and I'd say the match winner in two of them were teenagers.

What Silverwod is doing is precisely the point. It may not be pretty but it is effective. We have too many batsmen playing four day cricket but with one day mindsets and I would include Ingram and Cooke here.
    I would much rather we score at 3 an over and bat for 100 overs than score at 4 an over and get bowled out in 60 overs. By being bowled out so quickly our bowlers get less rest as well.

Two other points. We don't have a single batsman in the top 50 division 2 batting averages. Our bowling bonus points are higher than any other team in the division bar Essex.

If we swapped Rudolph's runs for Mark Cosgrove's we would be doing a lot better.

A great effort today. We may well lose but it's a proper fight. Fantastic from Hoges.
    We could do with the win as Derbyshire look like winning.

Regarding not having a batsman in the top 50 division 2 batting averages, the team below us and bottom of the table Derbyshire, have 8 batsmen in the top 50. There bowlers must be terrible

That's impressive from their batsmen. They had Leicestershire at 8 wickets down today and then didn't take a wicket in nearly two hours and drew the game. Their bowling is awful.

Thought I'd leave the posting today to others after our collapse yesterday, glad I did!
    Great credit to Hogan and van Gugten who must have bowled fantastically well today and few would have blamed them if we would have come up short after our batsmen did their usual.

Interesting stats by Pearcey and also the one day mentality for the four day game, something which I agree with.
    In fact we aren't the only ones to fall foul of this mindset as it's something I have felt has crept into the game in the last 10 to 20 years.
    I have not checked any figures but how many Test matches go the full 5 days these days like they did "back in the day"? Far fewer I'd wager.
    Whether it is to do directly with the many limited overs games played these days or the fielding sides perhaps are far better than the batsmen, or the pitches favour the bowlers (or even poor concentration span for anything other than a playsstation??) the ability of batsmen to see off the main bowling attack before building an innings seems to have been lost.

Whatever the reason, proper cricket i.e. 4&5 days is what we should be targeting as a county and hopefully our promising bunch of youngsters will not be forced to ply their trade elsewhere.
    More hours in the nets with "proper" coaches in the close season would be a start!

Yep agree with all of that. Test matches often don't last more than four days. Pretty much unheard of 40 years ago. Run rates are also much higher these days and as you say one day cricket has a lot to do with it.
    Our record with youngsters is so poor so I hope this season is a false dawn. Just look at Andrew Salter. He has gone backwards over the past three seasons.

Leicester 96 all out, they were 64-9 - five wickets for Van de Gugten, two each for Hogan and Carey.

Brilliant display by the bowlers let's hope the batters don't let them down again.

16-0

I was looking at the Championship tables this morning and noticed that the three top teams, Middlesex, Yorkshire and Somereset have only won 5 games each out of 15....strange

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I was looking at the Championship tables this morning and noticed that the three top teams, Middlesex, Yorkshire and Somereset have only won 5 games each out of 15....strange
    Essex have won 6, with the other teams in division 2 winning 5.

Lots of draw this season, and if Glamorgan win this game they will move onto 4 wins, if we could have won 2 (Sussex was a tight game, that could have gone either way) more matches the season would have looked a lot different.

It just shows by such small margins cricket seasons are made.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Essex have won 6, with the other teams in division 2 winning 5.

Lots of draw this season, and if Glamorgan win this game they will move onto 4 wins, if we could have won 2 (Sussex was a tight game, that could have gone either way) more matches the season would have looked a lot different.

It just shows by such small margins cricket seasons are made.
    Yes small margins indeed and we were often on the wrong end of them apart from a few hammerings

I've got great hopes that our young players can turn things around next season

97-3 no batsman has managed to get out of the 20's yet

250 is the score needed to be able to take over Leics in the table.

155-8 the inevitable collapse

155-8 the inevitable collapse
    Lost 5 wickets in 8 overs.
    Two poor sides

199 all out

Carlson 74 thank god for him

Yep once again the batsmen fail and are shown up by a teenager. I just hope Morris shows some teeth and gets rid of Rudolph. I would hate it if he held an undeserved place in the side ahead of one of our youngsters.

Oh well 8th it is then. We need some openers.

Yep once again the batsmen fail and are shown up by a teenager. I just hope Morris shows some teeth and gets rid of Rudolph. I would hate it if he held an undeserved place in the side ahead of one of our youngsters.

Oh well 8th it is then. We need some openers.
    I agree Rudolph should go-time to look at the youngsters.

Leicester 257-6, 154 ahead

Glammy need 181 to win, yet to start their second innings.

Come on batsmen don't let the bowlers down

Was too scared to look after their front enders looked comfortable earlier in the day but 181 to win with a full two days to get them I didn't expect. We took the last 7 wickets for just 70 runs... been a crazy couple of days.
    Normally you'd fancy us but we all know what kind of season Glam have had with the bat and as such nobody would put money on us to get them.

Time for Rudolph to show us why he is captain and bring the team home, no rush!

Just checked and Selman already gone

117-4

117-4
    Now 154- 9 . Lost 5 wickets for 10 runs with only 20 odd runs needed to win. Only Glamorgan....