+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Surprised to learn Glammy won the toss when I tuned in this morning, looking a curious choice after that session and how the conditions look now I’ve got the stream on. Game we should be targeting to win so hope that decision doesn’t bite them on the behind later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Surprised to learn Glammy won the toss when I tuned in this morning, looking a curious choice after that session and how the conditions look now I’ve got the stream on. Game we should be targeting to win so hope that decision doesn’t bite them on the behind later in the game.
    I saw that Glamorgan had won the toss and stuck them in and thought good, because Cardiff pitches seem to be at their most bowler friendly on the first day lately and with some rain about in recent days, it seemed the right move, but you only had to watch a few balls to see that there wasn’t much happening.

Golden arm Marnus strikes again.

and another

got the cricket on in the background. I think watching City is more exciting. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Marnus got another thankfully.

Leicestershire helping us along with a couple of run outs - 199-4

and our Aussie star

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    and our Aussie star
    Yes, another wicket for him - 209-5

Leicestershire finish on 285-8, a pretty good day considering Glamorgan didn’t take a wicket in the first session.

Decent fightback. I love Labuschagne’s passion when he takes a wicket

A teenage spin bowler called Josh Baker who plays for Worcestershire has just had the first five balls of an over hit for six by Ben Stokes who went to a hundred off sixty three balls with the last one - Stokes took a terrific swing at the ball of Baker’s over, but could only hit it for four.

I make it that Stokes has hit fifty off his last nine balls!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A teenage spin bowler called Josh Baker who plays for Worcestershire has just had the first five balls of an over hit for six by Ben Stokes who went to a hundred off sixty three balls with the last one - Stokes took a terrific swing at the ball of Baker’s over, but could only hit it for four.

I make it that Stokes has hit fifty off his last nine balls!
    Stokes came in when the last wicket fell at 360 . They're now 513-4 and Stokes has 117.

He’s just hit his fourteenth six and has called for a change of bat

16 sixes in an innings is a county championship record if he can get there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    16 sixes in an innings is a county championship record if he can get there
    Which was set at Abergavenny in 1995

34 in an over

https://twitter.com/aalleey_56/statu...4CBUv3208Nb50Q

At least he's getting some 4 day cricket ahead of the Tests this summer. Just a pity he's not taking the opportunity to play a Test style innings 🙂

labuschange gone needed him to stay for a while

Durhams record of sixes in a season is 18. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Can't see it on that clip but apparently he showed his frustration at getting a 4 with the final ball

Recovery from Northeast and Carlson who have taken Glamorgan from 63-3 to 224-3.

Hell of a partnership from carlson and northeast, shame carlson didn't get to his ton. Salter deserves a lot of credit for seeing off 61 balls earlier aswell, that new ball was doing a bit under the clouds. If he hadn't stuck it out we easily could have been 4 down for not many.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Hell of a partnership from carlson and northeast, shame carlson didn't get to his ton. Salter deserves a lot of credit for seeing off 61 balls earlier aswell, that new ball was doing a bit under the clouds. If he hadn't stuck it out we easily could have been 4 down for not many.
    So far Northeast has been an excellent acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Definitely. Think it may have been discussed before. But the signings of Northeast and Byrom were genuine strengthenings, 2 guys who lots of teams would have wanted. Very different from the normal strays and cast offs we sign

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yep not only a good batsman but good fielder too.