+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it’s a record and around 60 runs more than the previous highest score without there being a centurion.
    Cheers Pearcy. I not surprised to be honest. It's the sort of question that gets posed on the Ask Steven column on cricinfo. Worth a read if you like that sort of stuff.

Slow down lads, don't get too excited yet. Great to see the fightback yesterday does wonders for morale and team spirit. we have been known to roll over in this situation lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Slow down lads, don't get too excited yet. Great to see the fightback yesterday does wonders for morale and team spirit. we have been known to roll over in this situation lately.
    An important bowler light as well - more of Labuschagne's seamers I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    To be fair, we've done pretty well this season at closing the opportunities out. One duff performance against middlesex. But we've been seriously good in the rest of the matches

Van der Gugten and Lloyd (haven’t heard with what yet?) out of the attack may make things today a bit tougher. Fantastic fight back yesterday though, all credit to Root and Neser in particular. Middlesex aside the Glammy games in this block of championship matches have been good value fairplay.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Labuschagne is one of cricket’s real enthusiasts - the number one batsman in the world and he’s acting as a runner for Ven Der Gugten.
    This as well. The man’s a walking 10cc song!

Two bowlers down on a hot day playing in a flat track. It will a hard afternoon.

Two wickets for Labuschagne andNeser has just bowled Beddlingham with a beauty, so Durham have lost three for eleven - 190-6.

160 lead for durham with 3 wickets left.

Glamorgan probably slight favourites only thing is stokes is batting.......

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    160 lead for durham with 3 wickets left.

Glamorgan probably slight favourites only thing is stokes is batting.......
    Stokes stumped off marnus! Game on......

Glam chasing 190 but lloyd and VDG not batting so not much margin for error

Presumably Lloyd and Van Der Gugten can still bat though I hope.
    Salter and Gorvin opening.. Yeeks
    Brilliant glove work by Cooke

VDG with a runner maybe. Lloyd yes but he has the runs.....

Salter and gorvin lasted as long as we expected. Marnus and northeast in now. All on this partnership really.

Salter and gorvin lasted as long as we expected. Marnus and northeast in now. All on this partnership really.
    We still have Carlson and Cooke. Root and Neser are in form too and Lloyd should hopefully be available tomorrow.

Really really poor from Labuschagne playing a hook shot to the penultimate ball of the day. At 65/3 Durham are right back in this.
    Labuschagne has been disappointing with the bat as he was last season.

Really really poor from Labuschagne playing a hook shot to the penultimate ball of the day. At 65/3 Durham are right back in this.
    Labuschagne has been disappointing with the bat as he was last season.
    Again? He did the same last ball before a break in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Again? He did the same last ball before a break in the last game.
    I was gobsmacked. He was in no trouble at all and just fell for the bait.

I was gobsmacked. He was in no trouble at all and just fell for the bait.
    Many years back in the early 70's in the old Sophia gardens ground, Glamorgan were left about 10-15 minutes to bat at the end of the day in fading light. This was when Roy Fredericks and Alan Jones were opening the batting for Glamorgan, Many people there thought that if they sent Fredericks in the opposition ( forgotten who it was now ) would feed him with short pitched bowling knowing his love of the hook shot in all circumstances.

Sure enough in his first over ( I think) Roy got a short pitched ball, couldn't resist and sent it straight down the throat of the fine leg posted in exactly the right position!

Really impressive bowling performance by Glamorgan when you consider they were two men down, but I don’t get opening with Salter and Gorvin when Root scored 175 not out for the seconds as an opener and was top scorer in the first innings. Having Root go in first doesn’t have to be a permanent thing, just a one off in an emergency.

I thought that there was a chance the Salter experiment could work because he’s a stubborn lower order batsman (I’ve always thought the same about James Harris as a potential top order batsman, but the time for that has probably gone now), it hasn’t though. With this being our last four day game for a while, you’d like to think that Byrom will be available to open with Lloyd (providing the injury which stopped him bowling yesterday is nothing major) when fixtures resume,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really impressive bowling performance by Glamorgan when you consider they were two men down, but I don’t get opening with Salter and Gorvin when Root scored 175 not out for the seconds as an opener and was top scorer in the first innings. Having Root go in first doesn’t have to be a permanent thing, just a one off in an emergency.

I thought that there was a chance the Salter experiment could work because he’s a stubborn lower order batsman (I’ve always thought the same about James Harris as a potential top order batsman, but the time for that has probably gone now), it hasn’t though. With this being our last four day game for a while, you’d like to think that Byrom will be available to open with Lloyd (providing the injury which stopped him bowling yesterday is nothing major) when fixtures resume,
    Did lloyd definitely have an injury. On the radio they said he had an upset stomach

Did lloyd definitely have an injury. On the radio they said he had an upset stomach
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61446097

Was raging about Gorvin opening. But to be fair if Lloyd was unable to open it's a bit more understandable. If Maynard doesn't see root as an opener then fair enough I suppose, but then why the hell make him open for the seconds. They've asked him to open, he's absolutely nailed it , then they drop him down the order again.

I can't slam Marnus too much for that innings. He has taken out a very healthy chunk of the total runs we needed. Generally if he goes for a big shot he gets it right. Barring a disaster we should knock these runs off !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Was raging about Gorvin opening. But to be fair if Lloyd was unable to open it's a bit more understandable. If Maynard doesn't see root as an opener then fair enough I suppose, but then why the hell make him open for the seconds. They've asked him to open, he's absolutely nailed it , then they drop him down the order again.

I can't slam Marnus too much for that innings. He has taken out a very healthy chunk of the total runs we needed. Generally if he goes for a big shot he gets it right. Barring a disaster we should knock these runs off !!
    84-5. That disaster is looming.