+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 224 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Now 154- 9 . Lost 5 wickets for 10 runs with only 20 odd runs needed to win. Only Glamorgan....
    And now all out - lost last 6 wickets for 10 runs, remarkable collapse even by Glamorgan's standards!!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    And now all out - lost last 6 wickets for 10 runs, remarkable collapse even by Glamorgan's standards!!
    I don't know about that.
    If a team could ever snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory it's Glamorgan.

Absolutely pathetic

Even by current Cardiff standards that's a woeful display. Glam are now an absolute shambles and the so called mature players like Rudolph, Wallace, Hogan ought to hang their heads in shame.

Only Glammy could manage this!

Hahahaha...hahaha....hahahaha (nervous laughter before sitting corner sucking thumb!)

Strong words have been said over the past months in this thread but even they cannot do justice to how truly awful we are as a team right now and the manner of this defeat is quintessentially Glamorgan's.

To think Rudolph reckons we need another bowler when we desperately need a star overseas batsman to replace er ....Mr Rudolph.
    So glad the season is over.
    I hope Matt Maynard celebrates tomorrow. He is doing really well at Somerset.

Generous declaration by Middlesex they've given Yorkshire 240 to get off 40 overs

Hope it's a draw for Maynard's sake he's doing well over in Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Generous declaration by Middlesex they've given Yorkshire 240 to get off 40 overs

Very generous declaration. It's a 50/50 game.Middlesex could have made the odds in their favour by batting on for 2 or 3 overs. I really want this to be a draw.

It does yes but maybe the captains made some kind of deal so as to not end in a draw.

It looks like it could go down to the wire currently112-4... can't see it being a draw tbh but I would like Somerset to snatch it too. MM likes a championship party in Taunton

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It does yes but maybe the captains made some kind of deal so as to not end in a draw.

It looks like it could go down to the wire currently112-4... can't see it being a draw tbh but I would like Somerset to snatch it too. MM likes a championship party in Taunton
    Yep Yorkshire will keep swinging. Just 22 overs left and 102 needed or 6 wickets. I can't ever recall a finish like this.

Wow, Middlesex came in for some stick after that declaration but fair play it's paid off. I don't think anyone saw this one coming 2 hours ago

Yorkshire just done a Glamorgan and lost their 6 wickets for 25 runs Middlesex are champions

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Wow, Middlesex came in for some stick after that declaration but fair play it's paid off. I don't think anyone saw this one coming 2 hours ago
    Nope it looked an odds on a draw with 10 overs left Yorkshire were 154-4

Hard luck Somerset and Matty Maynard still never won it, the won't get any closer

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Only Glammy could manage this!
    And Yorkshire

In the end an inspired declaration. A real shame for Matt Maynard and Somerset.

That was some finish at Lords. Somewhat contrived but fair play to both teams.

Rudi's not going to do a Mowbray then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37446756

Didn't see that coming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37541136
    Last edited by Llanedeyrnblue; 03-10-16 at 14:44.

Rudi's not going to do a Mowbray then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37446756

Didn't see that coming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37541136
    There but for the grace of God as far as we are concerned - the same would probably have happened to us if that debt hadn't have been written off.

I knew they'd find a way to keep Hampshire in the First division.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There but for the grace of God as far as we are concerned - the same would probably have happened to us if that debt hadn't have been written off.

I knew they'd find a way to keep Hampshire in the First division.
    At the risk of joining the conspiracy theory group on here I just knew that they would find a way to strip Durham of their international matches and at the same time make it sound if the county should be grateful.
    I wonder who may be one of the beneficiaries of the reallocation of the England matches?
    On a positive point at least Glamorgan are , more or less, guaranteed to not finish bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    At the risk of joining the conspiracy theory group on here I just knew that they would find a way to strip Durham of their international matches and at the same time make it sound if the county should be grateful.
    I wonder who may be one of the beneficiaries of the reallocation of the England matches?
    On a positive point at least Glamorgan are , more or less, guaranteed to not finish bottom.
    The Rosebowl?

The Rosebowl?
    Hampshire, Durham and Glamorgan dont really want test matches, Unless its an ashes test they come with too much of a financial burden and the clubs usually make a loss on these games.

Durham will still be hosting ODIs and T20 games and that model will suit them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Of course we have a better chance of getting a test too.
    As TOBW says, Glammy very lucky "we" helped them out as it could well have been us in Durham s position.

Regarding Rudolph, I think Mr Morris needs to say thanks for the offer Jacques but no thanks. You had a miserable season with the bat and you also seem to be lacking the necessary captaincy skills.

Go get a top bowler Hugh or preferably an all rounder with loads of caps and good leadership qualities, someone our promising youngsters to aspire to

Durham have been hammered. I bet they finish above us though.
    As for Rudolph dear God does he have no sense of what the right thing to do is.
    Morris needs to show some balls and negotiate a pay off .