+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The pitch did have a purple tinge and it was a terrible track to play on with the ball staying low right from the start. It makes for a poor spectacle.

The thing that disappoints me most is we see the same performances every season. Nothing changes. Our overseas recruitment for t20 has been terrible for the past 4 or 5 seasons. Perhaps we don’t have the resources of some counties but even allowing for that our t20 record is atrocious. With 4 out of 9 counties qualifying for the knock out stages you would hope to get through every other year. Glammy get through to the knock out stages on average once every five years I reckon.

Then red ball cricket. I think Simon Jones was the last Glamorgan player to play at Test level. That’s 17 years ago. Since then we have continuously failed to bring on young talent with the likes of Harris, Maynard and Donald all leaving the county to better themselves. We have been right down there with Derbyshire and Leicestershire as the weakest counties in all of those years

I know we can’t expect to match the richer counties but it does have the feel of an old boy’s club a lot of the time. I rarely hear Maynard criticise sub par performances. I also don’t understand the logic of bringing in the likes of Weighell last season and Harris this time when the likes of Smith and Carey are completely ignored. It all seems a bit random with no long term strategy in place.
    Can’t argue with any of that.

That was our last chance really to stay in the mix. Certainly not out of contention, but we're going to need to win a few games on the trot at some stage now. I'm not sure if that is something we are capable of. Next game is an absolute must win

Back to the four day stuff today as Sussex come to Sophia Gardens with the usual live stream on the club website.

Won the toss and decided to bowl, on what looks like batter friendly conditions on a different pitch than that used for the blast on Friday. Neser gets an early wicket on his return from Covid (I think).

Good start for Glamorgan. Guessing Lloyd feels like he can bowl a lot of overs himself this match. We look a bowler short otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Good start for Glamorgan. Guessing Lloyd feels like he can bowl a lot of overs himself this match. We look a bowler short otherwise
    Yes I was thinking the same.

145-5, couple of wickets for Salter, one each for Neser, Weighell and Hogan.

Good day. Could have been better with a late wicket. But i did the fear that the 2nd session was going to be a long one for us, and we ended up having a great session.

Would be a big game to win. The top 3 sides haven't had good first days. Lots can happen in 3 days, but a win here should see us gaining ground

Timely wicket, just when it looked like everything was going wrong. Hogan out of the game with covid replaced by Andy Gorvin. Cooke will bat with a runner, shame he didn't test positive for covid as we could have subbed him aswell

376 all out, seventy six, at least, too many given the overnight score.

Really let that get away, appreciate we’re a Hogan down, but still.

Lloyd out for two in the second over…

Free flowing, left handed opener Eddie Byrom, looks a great strokemaker. Only Maynard could play this bloke at 6 or 7 in the t20s, ludicrous.

Looking good here so far. If these 2 carey on we could well be ahead of the game again by close of play

Pretty pacey run rate so far from these two, as has been a bit of a hallmark of Glammy’s approach in the red ball so far this season. Ingram made his 50 in as many balls.

Better run rate in this than we often get in the t20 games

250-1, hundreds for Ingram and Byrom - great batting or has the pitch become one of those Cardiff “roads” where you do well to take two wickets on the final day?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    250-1, hundreds for Ingram and Byrom - great batting or has the pitch become one of those Cardiff “roads” where you do well to take two wickets on the final day?
    It’s going to be s draw isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s going to be s draw isn’t it?
    Hogan not available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hogan not available as well.
    Indeed and Cooke does great work behind the stumps which I guess won’t be happening in the second innings.

Very frustrated at lunchtime,leaking those runs and losing Lloyd cheaply. What a partnership between Byrom and Ingram though. Pitch is a bit slow and low, but also looked like 2 very good batsman against a poor bowling attack.

Hoping tomorrow sees us put up 500 plus and then really get stuck into them.

Still batting the partnership is up to 325. The previous record for Glamorgans 2nd wicket was 291.

The collapse has started!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The collapse has started!
    was waiting for it

Decent enough position still but that is a poor show after such a commanding partnership.