+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 218 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Immense effort from Timm and Hoges and an outstanding victory. Just shows how badly they have underperformed in previous games.
    Just a word on Wally who has now taken 51 catches which is more than any other keeper in either division. He has scored more runs that most other keepers too. Well done to Wally. He is still a top keeper after all these years.

Three wins in the Championship and I'd say the match winner in two of them were teenagers.

Yep agree with all of that. Test matches often don't last more than four days. Pretty much unheard of 40 years ago. Run rates are also much higher these days and as you say one day cricket has a lot to do with it.
    Our record with youngsters is so poor so I hope this season is a false dawn. Just look at Andrew Salter. He has gone backwards over the past three seasons.

Leicester 96 all out, they were 64-9 - five wickets for Van de Gugten, two each for Hogan and Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    155-8 the inevitable collapse
    Lost 5 wickets in 8 overs.
    Two poor sides

199 all out

Carlson 74 thank god for him

Yep once again the batsmen fail and are shown up by a teenager. I just hope Morris shows some teeth and gets rid of Rudolph. I would hate it if he held an undeserved place in the side ahead of one of our youngsters.

Oh well 8th it is then. We need some openers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep once again the batsmen fail and are shown up by a teenager. I just hope Morris shows some teeth and gets rid of Rudolph. I would hate it if he held an undeserved place in the side ahead of one of our youngsters.

Oh well 8th it is then. We need some openers.
    I agree Rudolph should go-time to look at the youngsters.

117-4

117-4
    Now 154- 9 . Lost 5 wickets for 10 runs with only 20 odd runs needed to win. Only Glamorgan....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Now 154- 9 . Lost 5 wickets for 10 runs with only 20 odd runs needed to win. Only Glamorgan....
    And now all out - lost last 6 wickets for 10 runs, remarkable collapse even by Glamorgan's standards!!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    And now all out - lost last 6 wickets for 10 runs, remarkable collapse even by Glamorgan's standards!!
    I don't know about that.
    If a team could ever snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory it's Glamorgan.

Absolutely pathetic

Even by current Cardiff standards that's a woeful display. Glam are now an absolute shambles and the so called mature players like Rudolph, Wallace, Hogan ought to hang their heads in shame.

To think Rudolph reckons we need another bowler when we desperately need a star overseas batsman to replace er ....Mr Rudolph.
    So glad the season is over.
    I hope Matt Maynard celebrates tomorrow. He is doing really well at Somerset.

Generous declaration by Middlesex they've given Yorkshire 240 to get off 40 overs

Hope it's a draw for Maynard's sake he's doing well over in Somerset

Generous declaration by Middlesex they've given Yorkshire 240 to get off 40 overs

Very generous declaration. It's a 50/50 game.Middlesex could have made the odds in their favour by batting on for 2 or 3 overs. I really want this to be a draw.

It does yes but maybe the captains made some kind of deal so as to not end in a draw.

It looks like it could go down to the wire currently112-4... can't see it being a draw tbh but I would like Somerset to snatch it too. MM likes a championship party in Taunton

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It does yes but maybe the captains made some kind of deal so as to not end in a draw.

It looks like it could go down to the wire currently112-4... can't see it being a draw tbh but I would like Somerset to snatch it too. MM likes a championship party in Taunton
    Yep Yorkshire will keep swinging. Just 22 overs left and 102 needed or 6 wickets. I can't ever recall a finish like this.

Yorkshire just done a Glamorgan and lost their 6 wickets for 25 runs Middlesex are champions

Wow, Middlesex came in for some stick after that declaration but fair play it's paid off. I don't think anyone saw this one coming 2 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Wow, Middlesex came in for some stick after that declaration but fair play it's paid off. I don't think anyone saw this one coming 2 hours ago
    Nope it looked an odds on a draw with 10 overs left Yorkshire were 154-4

Hard luck Somerset and Matty Maynard still never won it, the won't get any closer

In the end an inspired declaration. A real shame for Matt Maynard and Somerset.

That was some finish at Lords. Somewhat contrived but fair play to both teams.