+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 221 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Worcs now well on top at 175/4
    Stay positive Pearcey, were still on for maximum bowling points

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Stay positive Pearcey, were still on for maximum bowling points
    Aha. Three batting/bowling bonus points from our first game and possibly four from our second game. Yipee.Heading in the right direction and that.
    Its going to be a long season.

Its not quite over but Worcs should wrap this up inside three days

We need a century from somebody and a couple of 50's to stand any chance

Yep and need to bat for most of the day and set Worcs 250 plus. Can't see it happening.

Now declined to 165/5. Can't see this making it to day 4

191-5 now, only 5 runs behind. Keep the faith

191-5 now, only 5 runs behind. Keep the faith
    Carlson gone for 17.Now 203/6.

Donald goes for 57 just two balls after being hit on the end.At 210/7 the end is nigh with Glammy just 14 ahead.

Another woeful batting performance with seven wickets falling in the morning session. They are not remotely competitive. At the moment they are at Minor Counties level. They have to improve. Simply not good enough.

Worcs will be home in time for Sunday lunch.
    Absolutely pathetic.

Worcs will be home in time for Sunday lunch.
    Absolutely pathetic.
    It is. An innings defeat in game one and very nearly the same in game two.I think Bragg and VDG will be fit for our next game. I would like to see them come in for Rudolph and Podmore. However Rudolph is undroppable despite his feeble performances. Morris and Croft need to act. Rudolph needs to be in the side on merit only. If he isn't performing he needs to be dropped.

Another pathetic display and collapse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39611597

All 9 matches across the country with an uncontested toss. Ah, English weather.

They haven't collapsed yet, Leicester are batting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41316

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    All 9 matches across the country with an uncontested toss. Ah, English weather.
    Who's idea was that uncontested toss caper?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Who's idea was that uncontested toss caper?
    The ECB its a good idea in theory. It stops counties preparing bowler friendly conditions which can turn games into a lottery, or the risk of a coin toss. If the pitch is bad then the away side bowls on it.

However in April most teams want to bowl first due to overhead conditions.

Its an incentive to produce a decent pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The ECB its a good idea in theory. It stops counties preparing bowler friendly conditions which can turn games into a lottery, or the risk of a coin toss. If the pitch is bad then the away side bowls on it.

However in April most teams want to bowl first due to overhead conditions.

Its an incentive to produce a decent pitch.

Sounds like a good idea

Another poor day with Leics at 279/5. Leics are a weak side but could rack up 400 here albeit at a slow old rate. Still no TVDG,Wagg or Bragg.
    I gather Rudolph dropped the Leics opener early on. He went on to make 87. Is there no end to Rudolph's talents?

Another poor day with Leics at 279/5. Leics are a weak side but could rack up 400 here albeit at a slow old rate. Still no TVDG,Wagg or Bragg.
    I gather Rudolph dropped the Leics opener early on. He went on to make 87. Is there no end to Rudolph's talents?
    He doesn't seem to have any talents and read this for cheek

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39640021

He is taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He doesn't seem to have any talents and read this for cheek

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39640021
    He is taking the piss.
    Actually I am not surprised to hear such comments from the captain of a county but it is all too familiar rhetoric.

I'd like to think he includes himself within the players needing to "stand up".

Personally I would have liked to see somebody else, Hogan or Ingram maybe, given the captaincy this season and free Rudolph up to just concentrate on giving the innings a solid foundation on which to build a decent total.
    It would also have been easier to "rest" him.

As Pearcey says, Leicestershire are not a good side and if we lose to them, will be in for another rough ride I'm afraid

If Leicester can reach 400+, I fancy another innings defeat.
    Against a very poor side. Minor Counties here we come.....

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If Leicester can reach 400+, I fancy another innings defeat.
    Against a very poor side. Minor Counties here we come.....
    That could be nearer the truth than you think.
    As seen with the T20 fiasco the powers want to dismantle the current set up . There are some rumblings amongst the counties as they have twigged that what happens in the short forms will eventually cross over into the extended version.

Glamorgan are likely to miss out on a T20 slot with my guess that there will be a West franchise with Sophia Gardens maybe getting the odd game.

Once this franchise set up is up and running I have little doubt the Royal London competition will follow before the County Championship gets the same treatment .

Glamorgan don't make an attractive proposition on more than one front and if they are competing for one slot with say Somerset & Gloucestershire then I don't fancy their chances.

The writing is on the wall for more than one county and the eagerness to snatch at the money being offered for the t20 is seen as a lifeline but it may well turn out to be a poisoned chalice.