+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 214 of 218 FirstFirst ... 114164204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218 LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5645

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

I hope the new coach encourages playing to win rather than trying not to lose this season. The 4 day efforts were so dull last year

Has there ever been a start to the cricket season where itfelt more like it was still winter? There almost certainly have been, but I’m struggling tip-off think of them. Seen a couple of puediction pieces that have us finishing fifth - seems a bit optimistic to me.

Should reach 21 degrees in London on Saturday which should help but broadly agree with you Bob! Hoping to get to Lords but will be away for the weekend, maybe Monday if it goes the distance.

Surprised to see Donald move to Derbyshire, although his injury-plagued time at Hampshire hasn't really been a success. Wonder if we showed an interest, although need more options with the ball with Neser having departed as well. Just don’t see enough wickets being taken this summer.

Don’t expect much this season, feels a little like we’ve maybe wasted our recent opportunities for promotion perhaps for a little while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Should reach 21 degrees in London on Saturday which should help but broadly agree with you Bob! Hoping to get to Lords but will be away for the weekend, maybe Monday if it goes the distance.

Surprised to see Donald move to Derbyshire, although his injury-plagued time at Hampshire hasn't really been a success. Wonder if we showed an interest, although need more options with the ball with Neser having departed as well. Just don’t see enough wickets being taken this summer.

Don’t expect much this season, feels a little like we’ve maybe wasted our recent opportunities for promotion perhaps for a little while now.
    I was fearing the worst when Glamorgan were put in to bat this morning, but in a full morning’s play, they managed 118-1 with unbeaten fifties for Root and Northeast.

Cracking morning. I thought root was playing well, bit chancy but attacking nicely. Then Sam came in and went at virtually a run a ball without a false shot. Outfield is like quicksand aswell, fast outfield and we'd have had 200 in the morning.

I quite like this side. Hamza and miles are 2 quality additions to the bowling attack and I think our batting lineup rivals anything in the division. Come 2nd half of the season and we have a quality spinner for the first time in years.

Sam Northeast scores the first century anywhere of the new season - he’s 103 not out and Glamorgan are 197-2.

281/2

What a thoroughly nice surprise to see the scorecard. Nice to see runs against helm and Roland-jones. Both have been annoyances in the past. Anyone help me with Craig miles. Missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    What a thoroughly nice surprise to see the scorecard. Nice to see runs against helm and Roland-jones. Both have been annoyances in the past. Anyone help me with Craig miles. Missed that.
    It’s the guy who was at Gloucestershire for years, he’s on a month’s loan from Warwickshire- decent bowler who should be a good replacement for Van Der Guyten.

https://edgbaston.com/news/craig-mil...ort-term-loan/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s the guy who was at Gloucestershire for years, he’s on a month’s loan from Warwickshire- decent bowler who should be a good replacement for Van Der Guyten.

https://edgbaston.com/news/craig-mil...ort-term-loan/
    Thank you. Got him now!!

370-3 at the close, Carlson out for 77, Northeast 186 not out.

If the rest of the season tracks day 1 we might be on for something worthwhile. Great start!

We seem to have a lot of quality in the batting department. Very good day.

First Team

Hoping to get there today Subject to trains, weather and yodel delivering on time.
    Probably buggered by the last one.

Over 400 without the loss of a wicket this morning, Northeast over 200.

250 for Northeast..,.sign ‘im up Erol

Sam going for another 400? Great performance. Although I'd imagine Bradburn will be asking at end of game how they have managed not to hit 450 in 110 overs. Doesn't matter if we win, but if the game is drawn those are the kind of points that need to be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Sam going for another 400? Great performance. Although I'd imagine Bradburn will be asking at end of game how they have managed not to hit 450 in 110 overs. Doesn't matter if we win, but if the game is drawn those are the kind of points that need to be picked up.
    Well he's just declared on 335 n.o. after breaking Gooch's Lords record 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Well he's just declared on 335 n.o. after breaking Gooch's Lords record 👏
    great knock ,hope they do but i cant see them taking 20 wickets

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    great knock ,hope they do but i cant see them taking 20 wickets
    Yeah its got the feel of a game where they go and get an even bigger score now hasnt it.

Superb. Just seen somewhere that as he scored 166 n/o in his last innings of last season he's scored over 500 since he was last out.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    250 for Northeast..,.sign ‘im up Erol
    I'd swap him for our Bowler any day of the week!