+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 218 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    FFS

At least Rudolf is playing well at last
    Yep a typical collapse.

Century for Rudolf as he and Cooke (80not out) lead the rescue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41333
    Looks like lifting the burden of captaincy off Rudolph is paying dividends. Our middle order is still a worry mind.
    Heartening though after an awful start to the season, even by our own standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like lifting the burden of captaincy off Rudolph is paying dividends. Our middle order is still a worry mind.
    Heartening though after an awful start to the season, even by our own standards.
    Yes good point about Rudolph. In the circs that is a great century. I am really pleased to see Cooke is now finally proving what a talented batsman he is.

Cricket really can be a strange game. Last night Glamorgan went from coasting at 39-0 to blitzed at 58-6 in the space of nine overs. Then I wake up this morning and see what the overhead conditions were going to be like at Worcester and think we'll do well to get a hundred - shows what I know!

Great effort by Rudolph and Cooke today.

Cooke and Rudolph both out quickly - 227-8, but we're not going to be too far behind and could still get a small lead.

304-8 at tea - fair play, we're all quick to criticise when things go wrong for Glamorgan, but they've been tremendous today.

What a turn around in this game, they're playing as a team, everyone's chipping in with decent performances. As said above in the thread Rudolph seems to love not having the captaincy.Its a pity that Cooke never reached his hundred.

It's a bit of a topsy turvy league this season. Looking like bottom placed Durham will beat title chasing Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    304-8 at tea - fair play, we're all quick to criticise when things go wrong for Glamorgan, but they've been tremendous today.
    ^^^
    How many times do we outplay teams in the field only for the opposition to record record partnerships for the 9th and 10th wickets?
    Refreshing to see our tail wag for a change and it can only be good for the confidence of the team moving forward.

A superb day. Need to take early wickets tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A superb day. Need to take early wickets tomorrow though.
    Well its a good start, Captain Hogie fired up taking wicket straight away 56-2

Well its a good start, Captain Hogie fired up taking wicket straight away 56-2
    Ned two or three more before lunch. I wouldn't us to be chasing more than 200

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ned two or three more before lunch. I wouldn't us to be chasing more than 200
    How about Worcestershire 119-6 leading by 5 with 4 wickets remaining!!! Is this all down to a change of Captain??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    How about Worcestershire 119-6 leading by 5 with 4 wickets remaining!!! Is this all down to a change of Captain??
    No doubt in my mind.
    Though as I've alluded to earlier in the thread, the Glambags are notoriously guilty of not polishing the tail off sides when in decent positions.
    Conditions must be favouring the fielding side, Pearcey mentioned 200 but I wouldn't want to be chasing down three figures!

No doubt in my mind.
    Though as I've alluded to earlier in the thread, the Glambags are notoriously guilty of not polishing the tail off sides when in decent positions.
    Conditions must be favouring the fielding side, Pearcey mentioned 200 but I wouldn't want to be chasing down three figures!
    In truth nor would I.Lets get these final four wickets in the afternoon session

One wicket to get Worcs 15 in front

Come on Glammy

One wicket to get Worcs 15 in front

Come on Glammy
    16 to win. Surely not even Glamorgan...........

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    16 to win. Surely not even Glamorgan...........

I'm saying Porthcawl

Won by 9 wickets.
    Probably a bit early to talking about a renaissance but there certainly seems to be a bit of spirit in the squad of late.

Well done Glammy, now let's see if Wales can't upset the odds too

Won by 9 wickets.
    Probably a bit early to talking about a renaissance but there certainly seems to be a bit of spirit in the squad of late.

Well done Glammy, now let's see if Wales can't upset the odds too
    ^^^^^THIS 100%^^^^^

A terrific performance.Thats 6 wins and 6 defeats this season

After some promising displays in both one day and four day cricket, this was back to square one with a vengeance. To be honest, the bowling effort doesn't look good (it seems to me that Salter is slowly converting himself into a batting all rounder), but, as usual, it's the batting which looks more problematical. However, whereas, usually, Glamorgan are bowled out for something like two hundred in fifty overs, this time they batted so feebly and without purpose that, despite batting two hundred and eleven overs in the match, they were still very comfortably beaten in a game where some play was lost due to rain - the batting on the first day in particular was a text book example of how not to play on a flat pitch.

Suppose this is the best place to put this. I see England have just lost in their Women's World Cup game with India (four run outs as they chased 282 for victory) - is it me, or have they got quite a lot worse since they went full time and started receiving so much more sponsorship money?

237-9. Poor stuff and again the rate of scoring is at a snails pace