+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 223 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    54-4 off 36 overs - they are playing for the draw!
    They're playing into their hands, when are they going to get out of first gear when they're batting?

First gear? They're almost in reverse .

First gear? They're almost in reverse .
    It's tea time and they're resting after batting at the fantastic rate of 1.72 an over

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It's tea time and they're resting after batting at the fantastic rate of 1.72 an over
    Donald gone for 31 so 92/5. Derbyshire now favourites

50 Partnership broken, Donald out

Yes the run rate isn't great.
    The pitch at Cardiff and the conditions are obviously unpredictable so I suppose the one positive compared with the start of the season is that we are taking the game to four days.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    50 Partnership broken, Donald out

Yes the run rate isn't great.
    The pitch at Cardiff and the conditions are obviously unpredictable so I suppose the one positive compared with the start of the season is that we are taking the game to four days.
    Glamorgan have managed to throw this from the beginning....

I can hear a whimper.

Pathetic how can you bat pathetically slow all day and yet one batsman managed to get himself stumped and another got himself run out?

All over. Very poor. Great for the 16 year old Derbyshire spinner, though.

Brain dead cricket. De Lange needlessly lost his wicket when they plenty of time to get the runs.Then Cooke in fine form was happy for Hogan to take most of that last over.

The game was lost on day one when Derbyshire got 288. I felt at the time we should have bowled them out for below 250

Derbyshire record their first Championship win in two years with a 16 year old the match winner. Says it all.
    I have a feeling the T20 crowds will be thin at the SWALEC this season

In our last two games we've been comfortably beaten by two sides that had a combined record of played twelve, won none and lost eight before they played us - I think Durham are a lot better than their record shows, but sides on long runs without a win must love seeing a fixture against Glamorgan coming up on the horizon, Leicester ended their run of no wins in three seasons by walloping us last year!
    Against Durham and Derby we revealed our new approach to batting whereby we have gone from the one extreme of thinking innings' in four day cricket only last fifty overs as we get bowled out for something in the region of 150 to 260 to believing we are batting in one of those old timeless tests that were supposed to go on until there was a result - so, we've been scoring the same sort of totals as we used to do, but are taking two and three times longer to do so!
    Finally, what on earth possessed Glamorgan to prepare a spinning pitch for the last four days when we have what is, almost certainly, the least threatening collection of spinners in county cricket? Just how bad we are when it comes to spin bowling can be seen by the fact that there was one over of spin bowled in the ninety two overs of Derbyshire's first innings and the additional spinner we picked (Morgan) did not bowl a single over in the game, neither did Ingram whose leg spin has probably taken more wickets than any other Glamorgan spinner in all forms of the game over the past three seasons - I wouldn't be susprised if Wagg's two second innings wickets came from him bowling slow left arm either.

In our last two games we've been comfortably beaten by two sides that had a combined record of played twelve, won none and lost eight before they played us - I think Durham are a lot better than their record shows, but sides on long runs without a win must love seeing a fixture against Glamorgan coming up on the horizon, Leicester ended their run of no wins in three seasons by walloping us last year!
    Against Durham and Derby we revealed our new approach to batting whereby we have gone from the one extreme of thinking innings' in four day cricket only last fifty overs as we get bowled out for something in the region of 150 to 260 to believing we are batting in one of those old timeless tests that were supposed to go on until there was a result - so, we've been scoring the same sort of totals as we used to do, but are taking two and three times longer to do so!
    Finally, what on earth possessed Glamorgan to prepare a spinning pitch for the last four days when we have what is, almost certainly, the least threatening collection of spinners in county cricket? Just how bad we are when it comes to spin bowling can be seen by the fact that there was one over of spin bowled in the ninety two overs of Derbyshire's first innings and the additional spinner we picked (Morgan) did not bowl a single over in the game, neither did Ingram whose leg spin has probably taken more wickets than any other Glamorgan spinner in all forms of the game over the past three seasons - I wouldn't be susprised if Wagg's two second innings wickets came from him bowling slow left arm either.
    Interesting facts there which are pretty damming. They would suggest we not only prepared it that way which was bad enough, we didn't think it actually WAS a spinners wicket, until their schoolboy Qadri entered the fray.
    Looks a harsh lesson for our new captain Hogan.

Derbyshire had to break their duck somewhere along the line. Why us

They wouldn't have prepared a spinning pitch, they would have had to use a used pitch, which after the T20 international and ICC champions trophy would have left them no choice but to use a used one. A used pitch then by nature takes spin.

Quite the start then lads

Its a crazy game, firstly Glamorgan opting for the toss when they could have chosen to bowl. Then losing the toss and getting put in. There must be clearly something in the pitch.

Selman was run out without a run on the scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its a crazy game, firstly Glamorgan opting for the toss when they could have chosen to bowl. Then losing the toss and getting put in. There must be clearly something in the pitch.
    Crazy isn't it.
    Pathetic effort from our lot.
    Looking at the run rate it looks like we've reverting back to slogging.

Gloucester don't look any better than us so far as qccfc said there must be something in the pitch they're 26-3

Gloucester don't look any better than us so far as qccfc said there must be something in the pitch they're 26-3
    looks like a bit of a minefield, surely a points deduction on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    looks like a bit of a minefield, surely a points deduction on the cards.
    I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing
    The only reasoning i can come up with at the toss, is that its a bad pitch that is going to get worse. Not a good start to the cheltenham cricket festival.

Gloucester 68-7