+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 224 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I know...
    This T20 cricket from the armchair watching the live internet updates ain't good for one's ticker!
    I know what you mean it's so pressurised.What a difference in two games Hogan had with his bowling as well

I know...
    This T20 cricket from the armchair watching the live internet updates ain't good for one's ticker!
    Much to my missus annoyance me and my son were glued to his smartphone at the restaurant we went to in Split tonight. Got to say Split is fabulous.
    In the end a cracking win. That's five away games and five wins. We have yet to win at home. One more win will be enough for a quarter final place. Two more wins will be enough for a top two finish and a home draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I know what you mean it's so pressurised.What a difference in two games Hogan had with his bowling as well
    Yep but Hoges kept his nerve in those final four deliveries. His figures tonight are a bit grim though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Much to my missus annoyance me and my son were glued to his smartphone at the restaurant we went to in Splot tonight. Got to say Splot is fabulous.
    In the end a cracking win. That's five away games and five wins. We have yet to win at home. One more win will be enough for a quarter final place. Two more wins will be enough for a top two finish and a home draw.
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    FYP
    I did wonder why there were so many Welsh accents here as it happens

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    FYP

Much to my missus annoyance me and my son were glued to his smartphone at the restaurant we went to in Split tonight. Got to say Split is fabulous.
    Probably best we only try for one win then

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

Even though you would think a home draw would be best, I firmly believe that we perform much better against the odds.
    The expectancy of the home crowd, seemingly moreso in the T20, has a negative impact.

One win will do me

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    You may have a point

Great win last night and, as someone who has a frequent whinge about the low number of Welsh born players in the current team, I was most pleased about the part Donald played in it. Also, Carey took the so important early wicket of Roy and had an economy rate which was not bad at all for a T20 game - at the moment, he strikes me as the best home grown seam bowling prospect we've had in some time and if, as has been claimed, the reason all of the "foreign" players are here is to help bring through more Welsh players, then I believe more use should be made of him than is being done at present.

Great evening and down to the wire but a great team effort ... sore head this morning though!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40797674

Noticed at the bottom of this piece that the South African batter David Millar our 20/20 fella has gone to play for South Africa A team, we're going to miss him, it's possible that he may return for the knock out stages if we make them (read in another article)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40797674

Noticed at the bottom of this piece that the South African batter David Millar our 20/20 fella has gone to play for South Africa A team, we're going to miss him, it's possible that he may return for the knock out stages if we make them (read in another article)
    Yes he is willing to come back if available. He did well. With him our batting looks really strong. Without him we are still a bit over reliant on Ingram.

Not looking too good versus Hampshire we're batting and we're 51-3 off 9 overs

Really slow, and wickets falling.

This could be a tad embarrassing.

Not looking too good versus Hampshire we're batting and we're 51-3 off 9 overs
    Cooke struggling at the moment and out cheaply again so 56/4 off 10.3. Not good.

Cooke struggling at the moment and out cheaply again so 56/4 off 10.3. Not good.
    And for once Rudolf wasnt opening

Even worse again at 56/5. We may struggle to make three figures. Without Miller and with Ingram just a bit out of sorts at the moment we look vulnerable.

Hampshire's spinners with all 5 wickets - probably helped by the earlier women's T20 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Hampshire's spinners with all 5 wickets - probably helped by the earlier women's T20 game.
    Where's Cosker and Croft when you need them ?

72/6 off 14. This one is lost. We will need to eke out a win against either Somerset or Middlesex to make the quarter finals. Our run rate will drop a fair bit after today which is a shame

A decent final over but too little too late as 118/6 is a poor old score.

The curse of the TV camaras strikes again!

The curse of the TV camaras strikes again!
    And no sign of any rain