+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 217 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 5617

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I cannot think of a single cricketer who would have averaged around 100 first class wickets nearly every season over the course of twenty odd years who didn't play test cricket. Shepherd was so unlucky to be playing when Lock and Laker were around.
    We ought to have a separate RIP thread. Paul (ToBW) is the man for that.
    He'd have had 100 caps if he was playing these days with all the forms of cricket flying about.
    Of course not playing for a "fashionable" county didn't help his cause.

Here's the link to the BBC tribute...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/25748983

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He'd have had 100 caps if he was playing these days with all the forms of cricket flying about.
    Of course not playing for a "fashionable" county didn't help his cause.

Here's the link to the BBC tribute...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/25748983
    I was thinking exactly this about the 100 caps of he was playing today

Although Moeen does a decent job, you look at some of the spinners who have played for England in recent years, then think of Don Shepherd and you have to shake your head and wonder - maybe his lack of batting ability (by his own admission he was a slogger, albeit an effective one at times) would have held him back, but, if the criteria was purely as a bowler (which it should be) then I'd say a Don Shepherd at his peak today would be at or close to fifty test caps.

I daresay there will be those who will say that he owed a lot of his victims to the fact that they used to play on uncovered wickets back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s and it's probably true to say that his haul of wickets wouldn't be as high if he were playing today, but wickets didn't need to be wet for Shep to be effective.

RIP to the man who it could be argued was both the best England qualified bowler never to win a cap and Glamorgan's greatest ever bowler.

Got our tickets for Wednesday's quarter final. The weather looks OKish at the moment.
    Sadly the club had no insurance for all the T20 abandonments so could really do with a big crowd on Wednesday.
    So who is going from here?

Got our tickets for Wednesday's quarter final. The weather looks OKish at the moment.
    Sadly the club had no insurance for all the T20 abandonments so could really do with a big crowd on Wednesday.
    So who is going from here?
    Also got mine today, I hope that i'm wrong but they didn't give the impression that they were terribly busy in the ticket office. Maybe people are waiting until tomorrow/Wednesday when they can be a bit more certain about the weather & after the all the issues we have had who can blame them.

Did you have a 20/20 membership? In case you don't know Glamorgan will be writing to you shortly with your refund options following the abandoned matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Also got mine today, I hope that i'm wrong but they didn't give the impression that they were terribly busy in the ticket office. Maybe people are waiting until tomorrow/Wednesday when they can be a bit more certain about the weather & after the all the issues we have had who can blame them.

Did you have a 20/20 membership? In case you don't know Glamorgan will be writing to you shortly with your refund options following the abandoned matches.
    Usually buy the T20 season ticket but didn't bother this season. Why are the club offering refunds? It will hammer them financially.

Usually buy the T20 season ticket but didn't bother this season. Why are the club offering refunds? It will hammer them financially.

It was part of the terms & conditions when the 20/20 memberships were sold (£0 for the first abandonment & then £8 for each subsequent game that was called off). I suppose if they they offer refunds for people who buy individual match tickets then it would be unfair not to do something similar with members.

I am awaiting confirmation but I believe that they will either offer a cash refund of £24 or £48 off next season's membership. To me it looks like the offer to discount next season's membership is an attempt to limit the impact on immediate cashflow so on that basis I hope that most people choose this option.

It was part of the terms & conditions when the 20/20 memberships were sold (£0 for the first abandonment & then £8 for each subsequent game that was called off). I suppose if they they offer refunds for people who buy individual match tickets then it would be unfair not to do something similar with members.

I am awaiting confirmation but I believe that they will either offer a cash refund of £24 or £48 off next season's membership. To me it looks like the offer to discount next season's membership is an attempt to limit the impact on immediate cashflow so on that basis I hope that most people choose this option.
    Crikey that's generous but will really hurt the club.Agree with you on the options AP.

From memory, I think it's a 50% uplift if you decide to take it as credit for next season i.e. £24 cash or £36 credit.

I was ticket number 1245 when I bought mine yesterday - looking online now, it looks like they're up to 2124. Hopefully that's not a total sales to date figures.

Took a couple of days off from Wednesday as the weather "supposed" to be picking up. Might see how the weather turns out and if I can wangle postponing leaving until after the game.

Hopefully others thinking the same and we get a bumper crowd.
    They must be losing money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Took a couple of days off from Wednesday as the weather "supposed" to be picking up. Might see how the weather turns out and if I can wangle postponing leaving until after the game.

Hopefully others thinking the same and we get a bumper crowd.
    They must be losing money hand over fist.

Glamorgan aren't exactly flush with cash & the 20/20 games are normally very good earners so they must be taking a big hit this season. As you say let's hope we get a bumper crowd which will go someway to filling the financial hole. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but reaching finals day will help massively, with the 20/20 winner receiving £175k.

Glamorgan aren't exactly flush with cash & the 20/20 games are normally very good earners so they must be taking a big hit this season. As you say let's hope we get a bumper crowd which will go someway to filling the financial hole. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but reaching finals day will help massively, with the 20/20 winner receiving £175k.

Sorry just checked & that's players prize money from the ECB to be split amongst them, can't see what the winning county will get

Looks like Miller will be able to play tomorrow, South Africa A game has finished and he will be on an overnight flight tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Looks like Miller will be able to play tomorrow, South Africa A game has finished and he will be on an overnight flight tonight
    Fantastic. I hope the club advertise all of this. The weather forecast looks fine now so no excuses for anything less than 10,000 at the game.
    Just to add I am driving from the Cotswolds to Newquay and back with my work tomorrow and then from the Cotswolds to Cardiff and back tomorrow night. So if I can make it I would hope and expect to see a big crowd tomorrow night. The players and club deserve the support.

Yet another day when Glamorgan have a home T20 match and the BBC forecast says it'll be dry and yet I get wet taking my cat (don't ask, one or both of them follow me sometimes!) on his early morning walk - it's dry now and I think there's less chance of interruptions than there has been for other games, but that's without taking into account with Cardiff's uncanny record of attracting the rain on match days this season.

I can't make the game tonight and typically it's forecast to stay dry

Although there's lots of dark clouds overhead in Rumney

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I can't make the game tonight and typically it's forecast to stay dry

Although there's lots of dark clouds overhead in Rumney
    Just strated to rain here in Tremorfa,come on Glammy.

Leicester won the toss and will bat - Carlson's playing for Glamorgan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41244

44-1 of 4 they need to get Ronchi out ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    44-1 of 4 they need to get Ronchi out ASAP
    Thankyou Wagg

Now 59-3 off 7

5 down

8 down

102 for 9 with 4 to go.... Shirley not even Glammy...!