+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 221 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that link is out of date - Glamorgan only got three batting points because they did not reach 350 or 400 within the first 110 overs of their innings.
    Ah okay, must be a similar story for bowling then.
    Makes the 4 day game more exciting I suppose.

Think that link is out of date - Glamorgan only got three batting points because they did not reach 350 or 400 within the first 110 overs of their innings.
    Paul. I thought bonus points related to the first 120 overs these days.

Yes that must be the case as we only got 22 points. Could have sworn it was 120 overs these days. I thought we were due 23 points because we had reached 350 before 120 overs were up.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah okay, must be a similar story for bowling then.
    Makes the 4 day game more exciting I suppose.
    Yep. Nine wickets need to be taken within the first 110 overs so Glammy got maximum bowling points

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Paul. I thought bonus points related to the first 120 overs these days.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_County_Championship

110 is mentioned at the end of the piece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_County_Championship

110 is mentioned at the end of the piece.
    Yep clearly 110 overs. Thanks for the link.

First Team

Weather looking to ruin the Middx game at Lord's.

Amazingly they’ved started and we’re fielding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43181

They’re 34-2

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Amazingly they’ved started and we’re fielding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43181

They’re 34-2
    England test player dawid malan at the crease now.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    England test player dawid malan at the crease now.
    Not any more - 64-3.

They want it all over by tomorrow, so they can go to the game on Sunday.

19 wickets in a day. Wow. Should finish tea time tomorrow I guess.

Effectively 37 all out in the second session and Edward Bevan didn’t think they batted badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Effectively 37 all out in the second session and Edward Bevan didn’t think they batted badly.
    In fairness Glamorgan did almost as well with the ball. Similar picture at other grounds today as well. Good luck to batsman trying to build an innings in these conditions! And we wonder why we can’t find test players to do it? Will always be a ‘freak’ like cook but apart from that it’s all one day players now.

Not a great advert for the pitch, and under it's 1st game, "newly" named Sophia Gardens.
    Has some shocking pitches in bygone years, looks like this one is another!

57 without loss too!

Darren Stevens said that nothing much happened for an hour, but then the ball started moving all over the place - that was the impression I got when I watched about twenty minutes play from about midday onwards, he was beating the bat three or four times an over and when I heard that Glamorgan had made it to lunch without losing a wicket, albeit at a very slow run rate, I thought they had done superbly. I then watched about half an hour of the Kent reply and thought that conditions may have eased a little because, although the bat was still being beaten pretty regularly, the ball was also locating the middle of the bat a lot more than it had been.

As others have said, it's been a strange start to the season - you expect seamers to prosper at this time of the year, but it's been ridiculous this season. As for an explanation, I'd say there are three possible ones - dodgy pitches, high quality bowling and poor batting. Probably the truth is that there has been something of a mixture of those three, but I'd put the last named as the major cause of it - pundits always talk about test matches and four day games "moving forward quickly" these days, but what they really mean is that more wickets have fallen than the bowling and conditions would indicate because so many batsman these days see flashy twenty somethings before they are dismissed having a swish as being acceptable somehow.

Darren Stevens said that nothing much happened for an hour, but then the ball started moving all over the place - that was the impression I got when I watched about twenty minutes play from about midday onwards, he was beating the bat three or four times an over and when I heard that Glamorgan had made it to lunch without losing a wicket, albeit at a very slow run rate, I thought they had done superbly. I then watched about half an hour of the Kent reply and thought that conditions may have eased a little because, although the bat was still being beaten pretty regularly, the ball was also locating the middle of the bat a lot more than it had been.

As others have said, it's been a strange start to the season - you expect seamers to prosper at this time of the year, but it's been ridiculous this season. As for an explanation, I'd say there are three possible ones - dodgy pitches, high quality bowling and poor batting. Probably the truth is that there has been something of a mixture of those three, but I'd put the last named as the major cause of it - pundits always talk about test matches and four day games "moving forward quickly" these days, but what they really mean is that more wickets have fallen than the bowling and conditions would indicate because so many batsman these days see flashy twenty somethings before they are dismissed having a swish as being acceptable somehow.
    http://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html Live stream for today

I would add a fourth Paul. The weather has been cold and damp. More so than usual for this time of the year. Batting should be easier in the sunshine today....cue another Glamorgan collapse.

Glammy 167 in front with 4 wickets left. Making a decent go of it anyway. After being bowled out for less than a hundred in the first innings that’s a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Glammy 167 in front with 4 wickets left. Making a decent go of it anyway. After being bowled out for less than a hundred in the first innings that’s a good effort.
    They're 180-6 now in a one innings game - another hundred from the last four wickets would be handy. Murphy is not doing bad as an opener, but the unfortunate run out of Marsh when he was going so well looked like his fault to me and I can't help thinking it may turn out to be the decisive incident of the game.

193 lead with 1 wicket left. It makes Kent score more than they did in their first innings to win so it’s defibitely game on. Considering we were bowled out for 94 it shouldn’t be!

Another good start let’s hope the keep it up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43193

Another good start let’s hope the keep it up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43193
    I see Leicester won the toss and batted as well.

Leicester 157-7 now after being 67-6