+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 218 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5627

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like we've averted a drubbing and should salvage a draw... provided we bat sensibly that is!
    Currently 46-1.
    Cracking debut by the youngster Sisodiya.
    Yes he has done really well. Glammy have had a much better day today and are right back in this. A draw is odds on but the wicket may be taking a bit more spin. Good to see Carlson in the runs too.

I’m not saying anything....fingers are crossed not going to jinx them

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I’m not saying anything....fingers are crossed not going to jinx them
    That's why I've stayed away too!

Khawaja and Carlson are going some this morning and perhaps might go for a silly declaration mid-afternoon to try and win it.

Personally with the conditions hugely favouring the batsman, I'd rather see us getting some batting practice in, especially with our bowling attack.

Khawaja and Carlson are going some this morning and perhaps might go for a silly declaration mid-afternoon to try and win it.

Personally with the conditions hugely favouring the batsman, I'd rather see us getting some batting practice in, especially with our bowling attack.

I’d like to see them go for the win. Set Derbyshire about 340 off 50 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’d like to see them go for the win. Set Derbyshire about 340 off 50 overs.
    It'll probably be taken out of their hands now anyway with those two now gone.

Nicely poised for the kids to make names for themselves.

Derby 116-6 with a possible twenty overs left.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Derby 116-6 with a possible twenty overs left.
    A good day but this seventh wicket stand is holding up the victory charge

Come on GLAMMY it’s not impossible

3 more wkts

2 wkts

Gallant effort but it's a familiar story. 8 wickets down 15 overs left and fail to finish 'em off.

Gallant effort but it's a familiar story. 8 wickets down 15 overs left and fail to finish 'em off.
    Agree with you there but at least it’s a big improvement on previous efforts

Yep. An agonising and narrow defeat to Leicestershire. A close fought game against Warwickshire but another defeat. Then today a draw when an unlikely win was on the cards. Its that sort of season. Frustrating.

Been watching the live stream over the past half an hour and very enjoyable too. Northants at 223/3 would have been looking at 400 but collapsed to 281 all out with Van Der Gugten taking 5/45. Khawaja’s catch for the 9th wicket was a bit special. They need to bat through the final seven overs of the day without losing a wicket

Another hundred for Khawaja, but no one else could get to thirty as Glamorgan concede a lead of twenty seven - it needed a partnership of thirty eight for the last wicket to get us as close as that.

Another hundred for Khawaja, but no one else could get to thirty as Glamorgan concede a lead of twenty seven - it needed a partnership of thirty eight for the last wicket to get us as close as that.
    Khawaja is a one man batting team!

It looks like we are going bottom with Northants 166/0 in their second innings and well on top. I think the decision to play so many youngsters is set in place for the season. Unless things improve seasoned County cricketers need to be signed for 2019.

It looks like we are going bottom with Northants 166/0 in their second innings and well on top. I think the decision to play so many youngsters is set in place for the season. Unless things improve seasoned County cricketers need to be signed for 2019.
    The last two four day games had me thinking that things were looking up a bit, but, in the first two days of this game, Glamorgan have looked what they were in the early games this season - the worst side in the competition.

That said, there's been a good fightback this morning with Northants now 252-5 - can't help thinking that, with a lead of 279, they've probably got enough to win already.

Notts 80-0

Certain defeat tomorrow and with that bottom place. Wanting 434 to win Glammy are 111/3 with our only hope Khawaja out for 38.

Certain defeat tomorrow and with that bottom place. Wanting 434 to win Glammy are 111/3 with our only hope Khawaja out for 38.
    You can excuse Khawaja after the start he has made for us and I think Carlson has got something about him, but it really has been a typical Glamorgan batting performance in this game so far, with so many batsmen getting in and then giving it away before they reach thirty. Selman and Murphy have given us decent starts and seem to be able to blunt opposing attacks for a while, but I make it that they have one Championship fifty between the two of them so far, while the likes of Morgan are just not producing the figures that someone batting as high in the order as he is should be doing and, as for the current situation with the talented Aneurin Donald, it reflects very poorly on all parties involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO42913

I really don’t know what to expect

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

I really don’t know what to expect
    I certainly didn’t expect this

Radio Wales commentators said that we Glamorgan's best ever T20 win (by 63 runs).