+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 221 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He’s taken 2 wickets so far
    needs a new career. about to lose again

Lost by four wickets with Ian Bell, who, apparently, hadn't scored a century in the Championship for two years making the difference with a couple of them in the game. I think this wasn't a bad performance by a Glamorgan side missing two of their best bowlers and, hopefully, Salter can take some confidence from his four wickets.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lost by four wickets with Ian Bell, who, apparently, hadn't scored a century in the Championship for two years making the difference with a couple of them in the game. I think this wasn't a bad performance by a Glamorgan side missing two of their best bowlers and, hopefully, Salter can take some confidence from his four wickets.
    Let’s hope so he also needs something to help his batting though.

Overall a decent effort but we needed to bat through the entire day yesterday. Bell made a big difference. Decent figures for Salter for the first time in an age.

Anyone heard of Prem Sisodiya? He's making his debut for Glamorgan today - 4-0 after they won the toss and decided to bat on what seems like a perfect bowl first day to me.

Anyone heard of Prem Sisodiya? He's making his debut for Glamorgan today - 4-0 after they won the toss and decided to bat on what seems like a perfect bowl first day to me.
    Played for Cardiff in local league cricket, chosen for the England U19 squad. First Welsh born player with 2 Asian parents to represent Glamorgan. Bowls left arm spin, is seen as an all rounder, but i feel his batting ability may be below the likes of say a Salter at the moment.

I must say I had to google him as I'd never heard of him.
    I suppose it gives Hugh Morris the excuse for our abysmal start (again!) that we are blooding youngsters.

We’re 52-5 looks like you were right regarding bowling first Bob

We’re 52-5 looks like you were right regarding bowling first Bob
    Yep. It’s an overcast, heavy day. Perfect for swing bowling and Hogan opts to bat.
    I’m all for playing younger players but there has to be a balance and it’s not there. We need a couple more senior players in the team but the cupboard is bare.

Decent recovery 256-8 even Salter is chipping in

Decent recovery 256-8 even Salter is chipping in
    Agree It was, but 283 all out I see with them 28 for no wicket.
    It's a beautiful sunny day out there and I fear a long innings could be on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree It was, but 283 all out I see with them 28 for no wicket.
    It's a beautiful sunny day out there and I fear a long innings could be on the cards.
    Derbyshire will rack up a big lead here. Another defeat looms

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Derbyshire will rack up a big lead here. Another defeat looms
    Unfortunately, I think you are right. Michael Hogan will, I hope, be remembered as one of Glamorgan's better overseas players, but he's made some odd decisions when winning the toss during his time as captain.

Derby were 357-5 and Glamorgan were looking at that big deficit Pearcey mentioned, but they lost their last five wickets for five runs with debutant Sisodiya getting three of them and Salter getting his second four for in consecutive innings in the Championship - Glamorgan 31-0 in their second innings.

Looks like we've averted a drubbing and should salvage a draw... provided we bat sensibly that is!
    Currently 46-1.
    Cracking debut by the youngster Sisodiya.

Looks like we've averted a drubbing and should salvage a draw... provided we bat sensibly that is!
    Currently 46-1.
    Cracking debut by the youngster Sisodiya.
    Yes he has done really well. Glammy have had a much better day today and are right back in this. A draw is odds on but the wicket may be taking a bit more spin. Good to see Carlson in the runs too.

I’m not saying anything....fingers are crossed not going to jinx them

I’m not saying anything....fingers are crossed not going to jinx them
    That's why I've stayed away too!

Khawaja and Carlson are going some this morning and perhaps might go for a silly declaration mid-afternoon to try and win it.

Personally with the conditions hugely favouring the batsman, I'd rather see us getting some batting practice in, especially with our bowling attack.

Khawaja and Carlson are going some this morning and perhaps might go for a silly declaration mid-afternoon to try and win it.

Personally with the conditions hugely favouring the batsman, I'd rather see us getting some batting practice in, especially with our bowling attack.

I’d like to see them go for the win. Set Derbyshire about 340 off 50 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’d like to see them go for the win. Set Derbyshire about 340 off 50 overs.
    It'll probably be taken out of their hands now anyway with those two now gone.

Nicely poised for the kids to make names for themselves.

Derby 116-6 with a possible twenty overs left.

Derby 116-6 with a possible twenty overs left.
    A good day but this seventh wicket stand is holding up the victory charge

Come on GLAMMY it’s not impossible