+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 223 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

3 more wkts

2 wkts

Gallant effort but it's a familiar story. 8 wickets down 15 overs left and fail to finish 'em off.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Gallant effort but it's a familiar story. 8 wickets down 15 overs left and fail to finish 'em off.
    Agree with you there but at least it’s a big improvement on previous efforts

Yep. An agonising and narrow defeat to Leicestershire. A close fought game against Warwickshire but another defeat. Then today a draw when an unlikely win was on the cards. Its that sort of season. Frustrating.

Been watching the live stream over the past half an hour and very enjoyable too. Northants at 223/3 would have been looking at 400 but collapsed to 281 all out with Van Der Gugten taking 5/45. Khawaja’s catch for the 9th wicket was a bit special. They need to bat through the final seven overs of the day without losing a wicket

Another hundred for Khawaja, but no one else could get to thirty as Glamorgan concede a lead of twenty seven - it needed a partnership of thirty eight for the last wicket to get us as close as that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another hundred for Khawaja, but no one else could get to thirty as Glamorgan concede a lead of twenty seven - it needed a partnership of thirty eight for the last wicket to get us as close as that.
    Khawaja is a one man batting team!

Notts 80-0

It looks like we are going bottom with Northants 166/0 in their second innings and well on top. I think the decision to play so many youngsters is set in place for the season. Unless things improve seasoned County cricketers need to be signed for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It looks like we are going bottom with Northants 166/0 in their second innings and well on top. I think the decision to play so many youngsters is set in place for the season. Unless things improve seasoned County cricketers need to be signed for 2019.
    The last two four day games had me thinking that things were looking up a bit, but, in the first two days of this game, Glamorgan have looked what they were in the early games this season - the worst side in the competition.

That said, there's been a good fightback this morning with Northants now 252-5 - can't help thinking that, with a lead of 279, they've probably got enough to win already.

Certain defeat tomorrow and with that bottom place. Wanting 434 to win Glammy are 111/3 with our only hope Khawaja out for 38.

Certain defeat tomorrow and with that bottom place. Wanting 434 to win Glammy are 111/3 with our only hope Khawaja out for 38.
    You can excuse Khawaja after the start he has made for us and I think Carlson has got something about him, but it really has been a typical Glamorgan batting performance in this game so far, with so many batsmen getting in and then giving it away before they reach thirty. Selman and Murphy have given us decent starts and seem to be able to blunt opposing attacks for a while, but I make it that they have one Championship fifty between the two of them so far, while the likes of Morgan are just not producing the figures that someone batting as high in the order as he is should be doing and, as for the current situation with the talented Aneurin Donald, it reflects very poorly on all parties involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO42913

I really don’t know what to expect

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

I really don’t know what to expect
    I certainly didn’t expect this

Radio Wales commentators said that we Glamorgan's best ever T20 win (by 63 runs).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Radio Wales commentators said that we Glamorgan's best ever T20 win (by 63 runs).
    I’m gobsmacked

Encouraging. Going to the game on Sunday. More of the same please

There's barely any competition, but that has to be Glamorgan's best win of the season. I still think that all of the cricket we've played before yesterday was just a warm up for what, pretty obviously, is the priority this year - in essence, Glamorgan's season lasts from 6 July to 17 August when we entertain Surrey in our last T20 group game, with the hope that there'll be an encore for Finals day on 15 September.

There's barely any competition, but that has to be Glamorgan's best win of the season. I still think that all of the cricket we've played before yesterday was just a warm up for what, pretty obviously, is the priority this year - in essence, Glamorgan's season lasts from 6 July to 17 August when we entertain Surrey in our last T20 group game, with the hope that there'll be an encore for Finals day on 15 September.
    Agreed. I don’t like it at all. The one positive is that the weather is good so hopefully we will see some decent crowds at Sophia Gardens over the next few weeks and the club will bring in some much needed funds. In turn that might increase the chances of bringing senior players to the club next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Looks like Hants "did a Glammy"

That's the thing about the T20 game though, anybody can beat anybody on their day.
    I look on it as the equivalent to a pelanty shoot out without the preamble.
    Went to the England v India match last night and although it was a great night with lots of fun, drink and banter, the cricket kind of comes second for me.

Whilst genuinely pleased for them and hopeful that finals day comes to fruition, this win merely papers over the cracks as far as Glammy's performances are concerned and it's a huge gamble to put all your eggs in one basket as what looks like is happening

Looks like Hants "did a Glammy"

That's the thing about the T20 game though, anybody can beat anybody on their day.
    I look on it as the equivalent to a pelanty shoot out without the preamble.
    Went to the England v India match last night and although it was a great night with lots of fun, drink and banter, the cricket kind of comes second for me.

Whilst genuinely pleased for them and hopeful that finals day comes to fruition, this win merely papers over the cracks as far as Glammy's performances are concerned and it's a huge gamble to put all your eggs in one basket as what looks like is happening

Mac. Was it a sell out at the Gardens last night?

Mac. Was it a sell out at the Gardens last night?
    Yes mate. Although there were empty seats, it was billed as a sell out, there were big screens and bars chokka block.

Fantastic atmosphere and good banter. I find the Indians such a lovely people.

Days like yesterday do make you understand why the shorter game has become so popular.

Hope the Glammy game is as enjoyable for you

Going to be fun and games trying to get to Sophia Gardens tomorrow, what with all the roads shut for the Velothon

Yes mate. Although there were empty seats, it was billed as a sell out, there were big screens and bars chokka block.

Fantastic atmosphere and good banter. I find the Indians such a lovely people.

Days like yesterday do make you understand why the shorter game has become so popular.

Hope the Glammy game is as enjoyable for you
    Cheers buddy