+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 221 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    You’re spot on Bob not a great start did anyone expect anything else though they’re 11-4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43212
    Make that 11-4 - pathetic.

17-5

17-5
    I think Archer is an England player of the future mind, but we seem to have this attitude of let's get back to the real stuff (20/20) when we're playing four day cricket - our batting has been below first class level for about five years now in the four day game and nobody seems that bothered about it down there.

Even by Glammy' s standards, this is just shocking.
    What the hell are the batting coaches teaching them?

34-6, will they get to fifty?

Pink ball cricket eh?

Very rosy us Surrey boys down at Trent Bridge

45-6 Cooke on 17 first to get to double figures

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Even by Glammy' s standards, this is just shocking.
    What the hell are the batting coaches teaching them?
    Have they got any batting coaches down there? if they have they’re not up to much, they seem to make promising youngsters like Donald was once, worse not better.

I think the whole set up is down there rotten from top to bottom, everything set up for T20 and they’re failing in that....heads must roll

61-7 at least they made 50

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brilliant figures from Hogan again and 327 is the sort of total which should mean Glamorgan stay in the game, but now they've got to bat and that's where the problems usually start for them.
    lets hope he can bat as well!

There doing ok 101-0 with 27 overs left
    Somehow, Wales has a first-class county but no national team. Even Morocco has its own national cricket team. What's the problem here?

Have they got any batting coaches down there? if they have they’re not up to much, they seem to make promising youngsters like Donald was once, worse not better.

I think the whole set up is down there rotten from top to bottom, everything set up for T20 and they’re failing in that....heads must roll
    Well Matthew Maynard was a batsman and a championship winning captain. You'd have thought he'd have some positive input.

85 for 9 and you get run-out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Somehow, Wales has a first-class county but no national team. Even Morocco has its own national cricket team. What's the problem here?
    Money, in a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Wales has got a national side who play in the Minor Counties League. It's basically a stepping stone into the Glamorgan set up.

As a recently retired club cricketer, its breaking my heart to see how club cricket has fallen off the edge of a cliff. There are sides folding week after week. My club Pontypridd has dropped from four Saturday sides to basically two in the matter of just a couple of seasons and most other sides are in the same state. Sunday cricket is a thing of the past. In ten years time club cricket will have all but vanished in many areas, which doesn't augar well at all for Glamorgan. Cricket disappearing from terrestrial tv has all but signed the death warrant of what I consider to be the best Sport of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Wales has got a national side who play in the Minor Counties League. It's basically a stepping stone into the Glamorgan set up.

As a recently retired club cricketer, its breaking my heart to see how club cricket has fallen off the edge of a cliff. There are sides folding week after week. My club Pontypridd has dropped from four Saturday sides to basically two in the matter of just a couple of seasons and most other sides are in the same state. Sunday cricket is a thing of the past. In ten years time club cricket will have all but vanished in many areas, which doesn't augar well at all for Glamorgan. Cricket disappearing from terrestrial tv has all but signed the death warrant of what I consider to be the best Sport of them all.
    Can't remember the precise details, but there was a survey recently where youngsters were asked to name what they thought was the most boring sport and cricket came second I believe.

This survey of over 18s offered more bad news.

https://www.thecricketpaper.com/news...oring-as-golf/

You are so right about the decision to give the television coverage to subscription channels, but I think cricket would be in trouble even if it was on terrestrial television. Certainly, the best version of the game in my opinion, test cricket, has serious problems with truly competitive matches all but disappearing as encounters where you can tell who is going to win, almost always by a convincing margin, after just one day becoming the norm. I'm a snob when it comes to T20, but I've got to say that the two games in that format I saw on the telly over the weekend were far more exciting than any test match I've seen lately.

The authorities seem to think that shorter games will get the public interested and then they will get into the longer forms, but, looking at that survey, it's probably wishful thinking.

Glamorgan are 32-3 following on - I'll be surprised if this goes into a third day.

Edit 36-4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    85 for 9 and you get run-out?
    I know. It’s amateurish. We have had a number of run outs in first class cricket this season. The general running between the wicket has been pathetic in all forms of the game this season.

Now 54-6. Glammy will be bowled out twice inside the day. It doesn’t get any worse than this. I thought Matt Maynard would improve the batting. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can't remember the precise details, but there was a survey recently where youngsters were asked to name what they thought was the most boring sport and cricket came second I believe.

This survey of over 18s offered more bad news.

https://www.thecricketpaper.com/news...oring-as-golf/

You are so right about the decision to give the television coverage to subscription channels, but I think cricket would be in trouble even if it was on terrestrial television. Certainly, the best version of the game in my opinion, test cricket, has serious problems with truly competitive matches all but disappearing as encounters where you can tell who is going to win, almost always by a convincing margin, after just one day becoming the norm. I'm a snob when it comes to T20, but I've got to say that the two games in that format I saw on the telly over the weekend were far more exciting than any test match I've seen lately.

The authorities seem to think that shorter games will get the public interested and then they will get into the longer forms, but, looking at that survey, it's probably wishful thinking.

Glamorgan are 32-3 following on - I'll be surprised if this goes into a third day.

Edit 36-4 now.
    Been saying for a long time that all these short games will kill test cricket in the end and to think they’ll start pushing t10 next and the Eccb pouring money in to the short game is sad to see they to start thinking how to get the younger generation in to test cricket asap

88 all out on second innings. Playing all the Welsh youngsters alongside a few senior pros has failed. It’s unfair on the young lads and will damage their confidence.
    Morris and Croft need to stand up and be counted and admit they have gone down the wrong route.
    There are so few seasoned campaigners at the club. Wagg and Meschede are currently playing for the seconds. They need to return to the four day team and justify their contracts.

Well, they managed three more than in the first innings - 88 all out and they lose by an innings and plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    88 all out on second innings. Playing all the Welsh youngsters alongside a few senior pros has failed. It’s unfair on the young lads and will damage their confidence.
    Morris and Croft need to stand up and be counted and admit they have gone down the wrong route.
    There are so few seasoned campaigners at the club. Wagg and Meschede are currently playing for the seconds. They need to return to the four day team and justify their contracts.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43212

Absolutely shocking I dont think Morris and Croft have a clue as you said.

Wag and Meschede scored fifties today for the second eleven in a win over Surrey.

Very sad state of affairs. Not sure it can get much worse. Rock bottom of the The county scene and can't see t20 rescuing any feelgood factor this season. Where now? Change croft but for who?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Very sad state of affairs. Not sure it can get much worse. Rock bottom of the The county scene and can't see t20 rescuing any feelgood factor this season. Where now? Change croft but for who?
    I just don’t know but the club need more senior pros.

I just don’t know but the club need more senior pros.
    But some of the ones they have don't get picked! Does appear to be a mess. Really want Morris / croft to succeed but how long do you give them?