+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 218 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 5636

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Lost by 2 runs. Another defeat but a good effort.
    A good effort by Lloyd and the lower order but pathetic from the front line batsmen with just one run from five batters

Good to see plucky little Glamorgan pick up a win on Sky yesterday, chasing down 347 to beat Sussex. We kept losing key wickets but young Danny Douthwaite held his nerve to put us in a great position then teenager Roman Walker hit the winning six. Nothing on the game for us but the youngsters embraced like they'd just won the World Cup and the rest of the team, who'd been cheering noisily from the balcony, came down en masse to congratulate them. No reason to get carried away about it, of course, but we may as well enjoy the positives when they come.

Highlights of Douthwaite's innings here. The technique suggests he won't be opening in test cricket any time soon but he looks to have a big heart (he bowled well too). Not sure about his haircut but he's young so there's plenty of time to work on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gan-to-victory

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good to see plucky little Glamorgan pick up a win on Sky yesterday, chasing down 347 to beat Sussex. We kept losing key wickets but young Danny Douthwaite held his nerve to put us in a great position then teenager Roman Walker hit the winning six. Nothing on the game for us but the youngsters embraced like they'd just won the World Cup and the rest of the team, who'd been cheering noisily from the balcony, came down en masse to congratulate them. No reason to get carried away about it, of course, but we may as well enjoy the positives when they come.

Highlights of Douthwaite's innings here. The technique suggests he won't be opening in test cricket any time soon but he looks to have a big heart (he bowled well too). Not sure about his haircut but he's young so there's plenty of time to work on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gan-to-victory
    Glamorgan finished their 50 over programme well with three wins from four matches and, having switched over from the Liverpool v Ajax match to watch the last three or four overs of Tuesday's game. I can confirm they've definitely got some lower order batsmen who can not only hit the ball very hard, but also hit it a long, long way.

Douthwaite hadn't done much in his first couple of matches for us, but, as you say, he bowled really well against Sussex. Roman Walker might be one to keep an eye out for as well - he took six wickets in an innings and then scored an unbeaten 80 to guide Glamorgan to a draw in their last second eleven match against Gloucestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Bull was injured. Salter has had more than enough chances and is not the future. The new players have done very well and one of them Douthwaite has had a terrific day. It looks like there will be a result tomorrow but can Glammy chase 200 plus on a final day wicket?

Bad start to a big day for Glamorgan. Derbyshire's second half century last wicket stand of the match leaves us chasing 245 to win - seems a bit too much to me and, if it is, it'll almost certainly be those last wicket runs which win it for Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bad start to a big day for Glamorgan. Derbyshire's second half century last wicket stand of the match leaves us chasing 245 to win - seems a bit too much to me and, if it is, it'll almost certainly be those last wicket runs which win it for Derby.
    Already 1 down. Need a big innings from Hemphrey or Labuschagne here.

And you're right, Bob. That's a great dig from Rampaul, which has changed the game.

Looks like our last hope has gone with Douthwaite needing to dig in.
    Madsen doing the damage on an obviously worsening pitch.
    We're doomed i tell thee, doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like our last hope has gone with Douthwaite needing to dig in.
    Madsen doing the damage on an obviously worsening pitch.
    We're doomed i tell thee, doomed!
    Doing our best to lose.

208-7. Cullen & Salter have put on 46 and need 38 to win.

Salter gone now, think it’s swung back in Derbyshire ‘s favour but it’s going to be a close finish!

Tense!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tense!
    11 more sorry 7 more

Glammy win! 50 for Cullen. Somebody on here said he was gash before this game - he's been excellent throughout!

Glammy win! 50 for Cullen. Somebody on here said he was gash before this game - he's been excellent throughout!

That was me 😂. Quite pleased he's proved me wrong

Never in doubt!

brilliant win. Didn't think Cullen had it in him, 2 fantastic knocks this match. The 2 youngsters in Cullen and douthwaite have won this for us. Could be a promotion to division 1 at the end of the seaon

Never expected this, even Salter chipped in with some runs, well done Cullen

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post

That was me 😂. Quite pleased he's proved me wrong
    👍 You may well be right but after biting my nails listening to the last hour's commentary, I couldn't resist bringing it up!
    Well done Glammy.

That’s a really good win for Glammy and good to see the youngsters contributing. A positive start to the season.