+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 218 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5636

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    50 for Michael Hogan as he and van der Gugten have put on an unbroken 91 for the last wicket - 543-9, a lead of 334 for Glamorgan.

547 all out.
    I know it is very early in the season but batting-wise this is some turnaround.
    Our tail has rarely wagged in recent seasons. In fact our head has rarely nodded!

I know he was there last season but since he has been given the reigns, it seems that Matt Maynard has certainly brought something more to the table.

I've not watched Glam at all this year yet and wondered if anybody has any inside knowledge of why things seem to be happening for the better.
    Is it simply that Maynard is a genius, are the players working harder or maybe just that Croft wasn't up to the task?

There definitely seems to be a more positive vibe around, on here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I know it is very early in the season but batting-wise this is some turnaround.
    Our tail has rarely wagged in recent seasons. In fact our head has rarely nodded!

I know he was there last season but since he has been given the reigns, it seems that Matt Maynard has certainly brought something more to the table.

I've not watched Glam at all this year yet and wondered if anybody has any inside knowledge of why things seem to be happening for the better.
    Is it simply that Maynard is a genius, are the players working harder or maybe just that Croft wasn't up to the task?

There definitely seems to be a more positive vibe around, on here anyway.
    There has been quite a change around at the club.Then policy of bringing in Hemphrey and especially Root have strengthened the batting order and our overseas signing Labuschangne has also fired. This means the bowlers are tired and the ball is older when the tail is batting.

This will also lead to scoreboard pressure when the team is bowling and they can try more things, put fielders in more attacking positions.

Maynard is an accomplished County coach, and im sure he is bring something to the table for all our established and younger players.

Both Northants openers out in the first four overs this morning - 72-2.

Hogan takes his second, and glamorgan's third. Glamorgan on the March!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I think Wagg was left out because he's injured.
    Didn't realise he was injured, hopefully he'll be back soon.

165-5, four wickets for Hogan.

165-6, wicket for DeLange.

172-7, another wicket for DeLange - five catches for Cullen.

8 down now

9 down. Nearly there.

Must be great being a bowler when you've got runs on the board, or even people in the team who can get you runs. Especially So on what seems to be a flat pitch.
    Go Go Glammy!!

Edit:
    I notice one of their guys is absent injured so I think that's it.

It's over!!! Huge win for glamorgan. I reckon we win the league this year. The 3 new batsman have been fantastic, Douthwaite looks like a brilliant find, and de lange is fit again. Very impressive first 11 with a bit of strength in depth aswell

Top 3 get promoted. Good news for the "unfashionable" teams like Glammy, Glos and Derby who have handy outfits.

Let’s hope they can keep it up, a good all round performance here

Wow, it's been some time since we've seen that. Looks good though, even if only for a day!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wow, it's been some time since we've seen that. Looks good though, even if only for a day!
    It does look good though. Having that 1 next to the name- top of the table, and a very different team (bowling attack anyway) this time than their last win v derby

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It's over!!! Huge win for glamorgan. I reckon we win the league this year. The 3 new batsman have been fantastic, Douthwaite looks like a brilliant find, and de lange is fit again. Very impressive first 11 with a bit of strength in depth aswell
    Win the league?
    You do remember this is Glamorgan we are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Win the league?
    You do remember this is Glamorgan we are talking about?
    Lancashire also have Jimmy, Bailey, Gleeson, Onions, Mahmood as a seam attack. There's no way they aren't winning the league with their bowlers, as well as Vilas, Livingstone, Jennings, Lehmann with the bat. How they managed to get relegated last summer is beyond me.

That’s the most impressive Glammy performance in a long long time. Very encouraging. Maynard should never have been demoted way back in 2010. We were denied promotion that season because of the weather. Perhaps this time around he may be able to complete the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s the most impressive Glammy performance in a long long time. Very encouraging. Maynard should never have been demoted way back in 2010. We were denied promotion that season because of the weather. Perhaps this time around he may be able to complete the job.
    I've always thought the same about Maynard's removal - we've not come remotely close to matching our four day performance in the season he was dismissed since then. As you say, an excellent win today - good to see Hogan among the wickets and the Northants commentator was saying that DeLange was the quickest bowler he'd seen in the Second Division this season.

I've always thought the same about Maynard's removal - we've not come remotely close to matching our four day performance in the season he was dismissed since then. As you say, an excellent win today - good to see Hogan among the wickets and the Northants commentator was saying that DeLange was the quickest bowler he'd seen in the Second Division this season.
    Yep Hogan rolling back the years. Of all the bowlers he will benefit most from rotation. Good to see Cullen taking five catches today to go with his half century. Lloyd and Carlson could do with some runs.
    De Lange does have that extra bit of pace and if he can stay fit will cause damage.

Looking at the division Lancs and Sussex look the strongest outfits but we have nothing to fear from the others. With three going up we have a real chance.

A weird innings by Glamorgan after being inserted by Derbyshire in what seemed very bowler friendly conditions at Swansea yesterday. After losing Selman in the first over, every batsman has got to at least twenty seven, but no one has got more than forty three.

Currently 215-7 - it's hard to know how good or bad a score that is until the other side has a go at batting, but it is a fair bit more than I was expecting us to get when play began.

EDIT - Cullen just out for six, so the sequence is broken.

A weird innings by Glamorgan after being inserted by Derbyshire in what seemed very bowler friendly conditions at Swansea yesterday. After losing Selman in the first over, every batsman has got to at least twenty seven, but no one has got more than forty three.

Currently 215-7 - it's hard to know how good or bad a score that is until the other side has a go at batting, but it is a fair bit more than I was expecting us to get when play began.

EDIT - Cullen just out for six, so the sequence is broken.
    I came down after tea yesterday and seen 8 overs so far today. pitch looks to be offering a lot to seamers and spinners from what I've seen. Fair to say the glamor tail is Wagging, 61 so far the partnership between wagg and Carey. 278/8

50 for wagg. Maynard needs to wise up and get him at last 2 places higher in the order. Absolutely moronic to have him coming in at 9