+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 221 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Winners!

Glammy win! 50 for Cullen. Somebody on here said he was gash before this game - he's been excellent throughout!

Never in doubt!

brilliant win. Didn't think Cullen had it in him, 2 fantastic knocks this match. The 2 youngsters in Cullen and douthwaite have won this for us. Could be a promotion to division 1 at the end of the seaon

Glammy win! 50 for Cullen. Somebody on here said he was gash before this game - he's been excellent throughout!

That was me 😂. Quite pleased he's proved me wrong

Never expected this, even Salter chipped in with some runs, well done Cullen

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post

That was me 😂. Quite pleased he's proved me wrong
    👍 You may well be right but after biting my nails listening to the last hour's commentary, I couldn't resist bringing it up!
    Well done Glammy.

That’s a really good win for Glammy and good to see the youngsters contributing. A positive start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s a really good win for Glammy and good to see the youngsters contributing. A positive start to the season.
    Yep Unbeaten start to the season in CC 1 win and 2 draws.

Following the game this afternoon I noticed what a strong bowling performance Derbs. seemed to be putting in. For our 2nd innings they conceded only 5 extras, and 3 of them came towards the end from a knackered bowler I suspect. The first innings produced 25 extras from them and 26 from us, so we really had to work hard for the win today.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Yep Unbeaten start to the season in CC 1 win and 2 draws.

Following the game this afternoon I noticed what a strong bowling performance Derbs. seemed to be putting in. For our 2nd innings they conceded only 5 extras, and 3 of them came towards the end from a knackered bowler I suspect. The first innings produced 25 extras from them and 26 from us, so we really had to work hard for the win today.
    We have the most batting bonus points in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We have the most bonus batting points in the division.
    Yeah saw that, a massive 10.

What a superb win by a team that would be considered some way short of our strongest eleven. Early days yet, but Glamorgan's batting looks to be as solid as it's been for years in the four day game with everyone contributing today after the early loss of the openers.

I was listening yesterday when the commentators agreed Douthwaite was the quickest bowler on show and although I took Edward Bevan's assertion that he was reaching 90mph with a pinch of salt, if he was right, I reckon we could soon be seeing the first visit by an England selector to a Glamorgan game since Matt Maynard was playing, not coaching!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a superb win by a team that would be considered some way short of our strongest eleven. Early days yet, but Glamorgan's batting looks to be as solid as it's been for years in the four day game with everyone contributing today after the early loss of the openers.

I was listening yesterday when the commentators agreed Douthwaite was the quickest bowler on show and although I took Edward Bevan's assertion that he was reaching 90mph with a pinch of salt, if he was right, I reckon we could soon be seeing the first visit by an England selector to a Glamorgan game since Matt Maynard was playing, not coaching!
    Tony Cordle was quicker

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Tony Cordle was quicker
    Cordle laid me out first ball in the indoor nets in the National Sports centre when I was a pup. I was one of a few being looked at for a summer with the Lords Ground Staff . I was batting ok until they brought Cordle in to ruffle me. I left his first ball in true Geoff Boycott style shouldering arms, but it nipped back and hit me smack in the bollocks. Funnily enough I was never called up to Lords for the final trial!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Cordle laid me out first ball in the indoor nets in the National Sports centre when I was a pup. I was one of a few being looked at for a summer with the Lords Ground Staff . I was batting ok until they brought Cordle in to ruffle me. I left his first ball in true Geoff Boycott style shouldering arms, but it nipped back and hit me smack in the bollocks. Funnily enough I was never called up to Lords for the final trial!!!
    Great story, Glamorgans first overseas bowler , remember watching him at SG in 1969 school hols. fast , wayward at times but always a threat, part of a great team.

Doing quite nicely so far after putting Northants in to bat this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44865

Doing quite nicely so far after putting Northants in to bat this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44865
    Would be great if we can wrap this innings up in the afternoon session. Northants don't look to have much of a bowling lineup, so hopefully we can put up a big innings in reply. Think Lloyd needs to justify his place this game, I'd have much preferred to see wagg retain his place ahead of lloyd

Would be great if we can wrap this innings up in the afternoon session. Northants don't look to have much of a bowling lineup, so hopefully we can put up a big innings in reply. Think Lloyd needs to justify his place this game, I'd have much preferred to see wagg retain his place ahead of lloyd
    I've been told by someone is at all Glamorgan's home games, and a fair few of their away ones, that Lloyd is a favourite of Maynard's - not sure he's a number four batsman though.

I've been told by someone is at all Glamorgan's home games, and a fair few of their away ones, that Lloyd is a favourite of Maynard's - not sure he's a number four batsman though.
    Maybe it's the north Wales connection. Agree that he's not convincing a no.4. personally i think wagg has done well enough with the bat over the last few years that he deserves a chance to stake a claim for a top 6 spot

Glamorgan 5-0 in reply to Northants 209 at the close on a weather affected first day.

I reckon Wagg definitely has the ability to be a top six batsman - perhaps the late stages of his career will see a transformation into a batting all rounder from a bowling one?

Another poor performance by Tom Cullen, told you all he was rubbish 😂😂😂

They are going along quite nicely now at 277-6 , a lead 0f 68 so far with Root on 138 not out.

I think Wagg was left out because he's injured.

351-6 - Root 183, Cullen 52, both career bests.