+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 219 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5663

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Surprised Ingram didn't put himself in to bowl a little as well. Looks a little bit of a spent force with the bat, doubt the role he's had to play in the IPL has helped him or us in that regard. I was dreading de Lange's deliveries but FairPlay to him he bowled well tonight compared to the shellacking received the last two games.

Some great bowling and fielding by Glamorgan but the batting has been quite woeful for these t20 games. Chances of getting through to the knock outs are pretty much over so just hoping Labushagne doesn't get selected for the Ashes and we manage to get over the line in the championship now.

£20 on the day at Sophia Gardens is a far sight easier on the wallet than near £40 on the gate at the Oval! I don't live in South Wales anymore but got to the Middlesex game in the CC a few weeks ago and one thing they do need to sort out is the choices and prices at the bars, which I assume is the same for t20; shocking selection and prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Embarrassing this evening. Was going to buy my £15 ticket for tomorrow evening's game...but can't see myself bothering now. £20 on the day.

Whoever the marketing exec is there needs to give thier head a wobble. £20 a ticket on the day will see walk-up tickets at sub-2000 now even with the weather. We're out & they could be seeing 5000+ at the bars if they were sensible!!

Do we know why our club has such an apathy towards the crowds? Will "The 100" franchise thing help us/them??

Can't wait for the County Championship to begin in ernest in Sept now...
    I'm not disputing the gist of what you say but would lowering their prices as a carrot be profit related? Aren't the bars and food areas separate franchises just like down the City?

Regarding watching tonight, last night's embarrasment has made my mind up about going.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not disputing the gist of what you say but would lowering their prices as a carrot be profit related? Aren't the bars and food areas separate franchises just like down the City?

Regarding watching tonight, last night's embarrasment has made my mind up about going.
    A couple of season ago Glamorgan offered a T20 match for free, you simply had to apply for a ticket, the crowd was no larger than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    A couple of season ago Glamorgan offered a T20 match for free, you simply had to apply for a ticket, the crowd was no larger than usual.
    Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.

Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.
    The T20 are seen as events, we have 23 people coming down tonight and are looking forward to it.

Glamorgan fans are really fickle, so the powers that be have to budget their playing budget to accommodate this. T20 are the counties cash cow, and when even the club 40 miles down the road charge £5 more (advance and walk up) our fans seem to moan. The bigger clubs charge much more again.

Labuschagne made the cut for the aussie's squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Labuschagne made the cut for the aussie's squad.
    Probably the end of hopes for promotion in the county Championship then!

Fecked up at home tonight v M'sex, another bowler gets a hat trick. This team is pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Fecked up at home tonight v M'sex, another bowler gets a hat trick. This team is pony!
    We do seem to be in freefall after such a promising start.
    Perhaps the Maynard effect, the new manager bounce, has warn off?

Out of interest, were there many there tonight?

The idea of watching an exciting T20 game drinking beer on a warm summer’s evening in Cardiff is appealing but the reality is so different. Despite being tempted I stayed away last night and avoided paying to watch another predictably dismal effort as Glamorgan surrendered. People won’t travel and give up their time and money when all they can expect is to lose interest in the contest after barely an hour.

This season is panning out very similarly to Maynard’s last season in charge. We were dreadful in T20 that season but highly competitive in the County Championship and robbed of promotion by the weather v Derbyshire in the final game of the season.
    All to play for in the Championship although I don’t think we have enough runs in the side without Labuschagne. I won’t be bothering any visits to Cardiff for the T20 this season. It just isn’t worth it.

Currently on Sky and doing surprisingly well considering their form 134/3 off 16.

Slipped a bit after losing those two quick wickets, picked up a touch now, Cook having a bash.

Yeah decent bowling at the death restricted us to 172.
    We hit 180 recently and lost in 18 overs so gonna be tough to defend.

What a finish. Tied game!
    Only Glamorgan could snatch a draw from the jaws of victory

Not being able to chase 127 is just embarrassing

feeble and a fecking disgrace.

serious problems at the swalec over many years

Why would you take a bowler off when he has 4/12 off 3 overs. Shocking captaincy. We absolutely should have won tonight. That’s probably it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why would you take a bowler off when he has 4/12 off 3 overs. Shocking captaincy. We absolutely should have won tonight. That’s probably it now.
    It was a strange one yes, although Glos got lucky and I did feel sorry for de Lange. Tye top edged two for boundaries over the keeper then the pressure got to him in the end.

Wagg's over was fantastic and that alone deserved to see us home but we have seen it all before where Glammy are concerned.

It was a strange one yes, although Glos got lucky and I did feel sorry for de Lange. Tye top edged two for boundaries over the keeper then the pressure got to him in the end.

Wagg's over was fantastic and that alone deserved to see us home but we have seen it all before where Glammy are concerned.
    Very very frustrating. We were travelling back from a great day out in Pamplona and returning to our base in San Sebastián glued to the score. When Salter took those key wickets we thought it all over. Then De Lange’s over......Salter should have been bowled out and forced the batsmen to pull out big shots.

Yes, amazing how they managed not to win from there. Salter should have bowled his last over, it could have gone wrong but wouldn’t have been worse than De Lange’s over - and he has been very expensive in all the T20 games so far. The tie feels like a loss, which with so few points it probably is!

Disappointed not to win, but great drama.
    Took Mrs Mower and even she with only the loosest grasp on what was going on enjoyed it 😂

Not being able to get to 3 figures again when batting is embarrassing, the T20 campaign has been awful and I suspect will also follow into the remaining county Championship games. Guess we just have to hope for some bad weather near the end of the season to allow for a draw or two to possibly scrape home in the last promotion slot

Here we go again ... Sussex chasing 147 are 47-0 off 4 overs we really suck at this T20 game this season and of course that impacts income from our home games as people aren’t going to watch When they are getting stuffed every game!

All over in just under 14 overs ......lost by 9 wickets