+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 218 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 5625

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    All over in just under 14 overs ......lost by 9 wickets
    the whole setup down there is a b1oody shambles.

who in their right mind will want to rock up for the next game on Friday against Essex.

if this new limited over game kicks off with a hybrid side then Glammy will disappear up the derriere.

Sad to see Malcolm Nash passed away recently. I remember watching Glammy in the years when they were good and a marked comparison to the current rabble.

I’ve given up on T20 this season. First time in many years I won’t be going to Cardiff to watch a T20 game.

Glamorgan 9-1 after electing to bat at Colwyn Bay against top of the table Lancashire with Selman out for one. Shaun Marsh is batting and I didn't realise that we'd signed Samit Patel on loan for the rest of the season in red ball cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan 9-1 after electing to bat at Colwyn Bay against top of the table Lancashire with Selman out for one. Shaun Marsh is batting and I didn't realise that we'd signed Samit Patel on loan for the rest of the season in red ball cricket.
    Unfortunately an innings defeat looks on the cards.
    I can see us finishing 4th and missing out.
    This is the time I pray for serious rain

I think we will end up about sixth. The batting has been hopeless since early July and we ar very much back to last season’s form. Let’s hope we can get Labuschagne back next season.

Gloucester and Durham well on top in their games and will probably pass us in this round of games. Labuschange was impressive for the Aussies on Sunday, he’s a big miss at the end of the season

Northants also likely to win so we will drop to fifth.

Dreadful runout , don’t know what Selnan was thinking calling that run , Ingram gave up 3/4 way down the strip

Ingram has one more season to go. He really must not be captain next season. Clueless captaincy. We have had some duff overseas players over the years. Is Shaun Marsh the worst ever?

We’ve had a few duds over the years !
    Sadly looks like another defeat 64 -5 from 10 overs chasing 178

This is the first season in a decade that I have not gone to a Glammy T20 game. This must be our worst ever season in this completion. It has been hopeless.

I haven’t been this year either! We have not just been losing but have been absolutely hammered at times !

We even lost at The Oval !

That was a great knock by David Lloyd. He is the only batsman to have had a decent tournament, The rest have been useles.

woeful again and apart from lloyd, salter and de lange the rest were dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Think that's harsh on Salter, 39 not out and decent bowling figures - I've not paid a great deal of attention to our T20 struggles, but I got the impression he has bowled pretty well in the competition this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that's harsh on Salter, 39 not out and decent bowling figures - I've not paid a great deal of attention to our T20 struggles, but I got the impression he has bowled pretty well in the competition this season.
    I said apart from .......

tbh Ingram hasn’t delivered throughout.

I said apart from .......

tbh Ingram hasn’t delivered throughout.
    Sorry, my mistake .

Another defeat. Useless batting again. The last couple of months have been as bad as it has ever been both in T20 and the County Championship. Odd that we can still win promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Another defeat. Useless batting again. The last couple of months have been as bad as it has ever been both in T20 and the County Championship. Odd that we can still win promotion.

....let's be honest..we're about 13th in an 18 team league..they can split the league and call it 2 leagues..but it's not really.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ....let's be honest..we're about 13th in an 18 team league..they can split the league and call it 2 leagues..but it's not really.
    We are the worst county in T20 this season. That’s for sure. The Championship has been better but our current form in that is very poor too. We keep being told how promising our youngsters are but none of them are succeeding. The only one who was doing well was Tom Cullen and he was dropped

Roman Walker bowled 3 really good overs and 1 slightly wayward one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are the worst county in T20 this season. That’s for sure. The Championship has been better but our current form in that is very poor too. We keep being told how promising our youngsters are but none of them are succeeding. The only one who was doing well was Tom Cullen and he was dropped
    Don't think that is fair at all. Douthwaite has been plucked out of university cricket and is averaging 25 with the bat and 35 with the ball and Selman is averaging nearly 40. Carlson is clearly promising despite not coming on recently and Walker showed up well last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Don't think that is fair at all. Douthwaite has been plucked out of university cricket and is averaging 25 with the bat and 35 with the ball and Selman is averaging nearly 40. Carlson is clearly promising despite not coming on recently and Walker showed up well last night.
    After a dreadful summer last season Selman has improved. He’s hardly prolific but is doing ok. Walker did well last night but that’s pretty flimsy evidence to suggest he has a career ahead of him in county cricket. Douthwaite has done ok. Carlson has barely played.
    My remark was primarily focused on our Welsh youngsters. Which ones have made a breakthrough?

Into the final three games of the season with promotion to the first division of the County Championship at stake for Glamorgan. They've put Worcester in and they're 57-1.

West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite has joined for the final games to replace Shaun Marsh, but won't be able to do any bowling because, like Billy Root, he's been reported for a dodgy action!

Glamorgan won their second County Championship fifty years ago and there's a great little video about in on this link including a reverse sweep played about twenty years before it started to become a recognised part of the game and Majid Khan taking a catch as wicket keeper.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49594870

Make that 57-2 - Moeen Ali just our.