+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 221 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just a word on Dean Cosker who made his Glammy debut when John Major was still in power. A totally loyal player who always gave the club his best. A canny bowler in one day cricket.
    I hope he has a great retirement.
    Well said Pearcey.

Another dissapointing batting performance they're 62-5 V Sussex

Was going to take in a session or two today, but after about fifteen minutes driving around Pontcana trying to find a parking space I gave up and took the dog for a walk around Llandaff Fields before coming home. Doesn't look like I missed much - that's four consecuutive ducks for Selman now, poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was going to take in a session or two today, but after about fifteen minutes driving around Pontcana trying to find a parking space I gave up and took the dog for a walk around Llandaff Fields before coming home. Doesn't look like I missed much - that's four consecuutive ducks for Selman now, poor kid.
    I didn't realise his form had dipped so bad since his century

166-7 now Wagg 57,Wallace 27 no
    Last edited by Llanedeyrnblue; 23-08-16 at 13:54.

Just decided to have a few minutes watching the live stream and Wallace was out off the first ball I saw - the commentator said he had jinxed him, but I knew better!

212-8 now, a decent recovery but I'd say we need another seventy or eight yet.

Just decided to have a few minutes watching the live stream and Wallace was out off the first ball I saw - the commentator said he had jinxed him, but I knew better!

212-8 now, a decent recovery but I'd say we need another seventy or eight yet.

Just seen the score. Yet again the top four or five batsmen fail.Croft and Morris have to show some balls here. Rudolph needs to be rested.He is taking a space in the side that is undeserved.

Just seen the score. Yet again the top four or five batsmen fail.Croft and Morris have to show some balls here. Rudolph needs to be rested.He is taking a space in the side that is undeserved.
    Is there much point at resting players at this point of the season.

The top order has been a concern for many a season now, and it needs addressing its a major problem in the longer forms of the game as it doesnt allow a platform for our strong lower order to perform.

Rudolph is becoming an issue because he is taking up the overseas spot and ideally you want the person in that spot to be a top performer.

At this point however i dont think that the money is there for us to sign players to solve our problem areas. So it is an issue of development and to be fair to Croft he has seemed to have brought some of the younger players forward in their development, so we will have to hope that this continues.

'Rested' aka 'dropped' in this case anyway.

He has had a couple of seasons now and a couple of T20 runs apart, pretty rubbish fayre has been served up. As long as Hugh Morris is at the helm I cannot see us progressing.
    Different role within the England setup but I really don't think he has any spine.
    He (and Croft) to make some tough decisions mid season and took 'easy' options which ultimately cost us.
    There are some talented youngsters which have been blooded, I just hope they are nurtured to theirs and our benefit.

Not sure of the solution but Matt Maynard worked wonders with the same players when he took over from Morris as captain (we did have Waqar Younis mind).
    A lot has happened at Glamorgan since then but get Maynard back I say!

The decision to get rid of Maynard as coach in 2012 I think it was has had far reaching implications on and off the pitch in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    'Rested' aka 'dropped' in this case anyway.

He has had a couple of seasons now and a couple of T20 runs apart, pretty rubbish fayre has been served up. As long as Hugh Morris is at the helm I cannot see us progressing.
    Different role within the England setup but I really don't think he has any spine.
    He (and Croft) to make some tough decisions mid season and took 'easy' options which ultimately cost us.
    There are some talented youngsters which have been blooded, I just hope they are nurtured to theirs and our benefit.

Not sure of the solution but Matt Maynard worked wonders with the same players when he took over from Morris as captain (we did have Waqar Younis mind).
    A lot has happened at Glamorgan since then but get Maynard back I say!
    The problem with Rudolph is that he is contracted, and contracted for another season I think.

So the brave decision of dropping him, or sacking him are not really on the table.

We already have a team that is lacking in experience, and I cannot see the young batsman going for his spot. Selman was the man performing for the 2nds.

Im sure we are all looking for another overseas player to come in to replace the one we have that is not performing, but I don’t think that is an option at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The problem with Rudolph is that he is contracted, and contracted for another season I think.

So the brave decision of dropping him, or sacking him are not really on the table.

We already have a team that is lacking in experience, and I cannot see the young batsman going for his spot. Selman was the man performing for the 2nds.

Im sure we are all looking for another overseas player to come in to replace the one we have that is not performing, but I don’t think that is an option at this moment.
    Every cricketer who plays the game for a few years has at least one season when his figures fall away dramatically. If the player concerned has the talent, then they will nearly always come back the following year and play to their former level, but when a player aged 35 (as Rudolph is) has one of "those" seasons, then it's only natural that questions will be asked as to whether the decline is terminal.

Truth is, Rudolph didn't do that well last season, but there were innings' every now and then that were a reminder of his class. This year however, there's been virtually nothing noteworthy and you have to think that it's only his status and reputation that is keeping him in the team - someone like, say, Lloyd would have been out of the team for weeks now if his batting figures had been like Rudolph's.

I have wondered whether some sort of paying up of his contract in the same sort of way as City have done with some of Ole's signings might be in order here, but I daresay that would have an impact on the quality of replacement for Rudolph we could bring in, so, I think you are probably right - Rudolph will be back next season to see out the final year of his contract.

Every cricketer who plays the game for a few years has at least one season when his figures fall away dramatically. If the player concerned has the talent, then they will nearly always come back the following year and play to their former level, but when a player aged 35 (as Rudolph is) has one of "those" seasons, then it's only natural that questions will be asked as to whether the decline is terminal.

Truth is, Rudolph didn't do that well last season, but there were innings' every now and then that were a reminder of his class. This year however, there's been virtually nothing noteworthy and you have to think that it's only his status and reputation that is keeping him in the team - someone like, say, Lloyd would have been out of the team for weeks now if his batting figures had been like Rudolph's.

I have wondered whether some sort of paying up of his contract in the same sort of way as City have done with some of Ole's signings might be in order here, but I daresay that would have an impact on the quality of replacement for Rudolph we could bring in, so, I think you are probably right - Rudolph will be back next season to see out the final year of his contract.
    As well as his batting form his captaincy hasn't been up to much either some of his bowling choices in the one day format have been woeful

TEA .....Sussex 243-6

Wagg has taken 3 wkts in 4 balls and he's on a hat trick when they resume after tea

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    TEA .....Sussex 243-6

Wagg has taken 3 wkts in 4 balls and he's on a hat trick when they resume after tea
    Looks like he didn't get it but good fightback by Glammy (279-9) if they can get this last wicket pdq it's game on

Sussex 261-9

Good fight back Sussex have lost their last 7 wkts for 29

Sorry 274-9

Sussex 283 all out. Lead of 31.

That was looking very unlikely mid afternoon. Good recovery from Glamorgan.

The bowlers have done very well. Let's hope the openers and middle order get some runs for a change

The bowlers have done very well. Let's hope the openers and middle order get some runs for a change
    Might well be worth a look some time tomorrow if I can manage to sneak a couple of hours. Probably all I will need, or should I say all I can take

Thats brave. Hope you see some decent batting although if our captain his still getting it certainly won't be a run fest.
    The game is now nicely poised.

Think we got a bit lucky because it clouded over for a couple of hours when Sussex were batting and then brightened up again when Glamorgan started their second innings. Still, credit to Glamorgan's bowlers for sticking to their task when it looked like they were going to concede a lead of a couple of hundred - it's anyone's game now and at least Selman ended his run of noughts.

71-1 rain stopped play

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    71-1 rain stopped play
    The weather appears to have done for this game. Such a shame as Glammy were well set.