Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

They did comeback and got to 149-2 but as you say the game looks over

Sussex 37-1 chasing 233

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Sussex 37-1 chasing 233
    Ninety odd for two at tea. Sussex's first innings collapse gives Glamorgan some hope, but they should win from here and, if they do, it will be down to yet more substandard batting by Glamorgan's top order - to have four of the top five get past forty, but none of them reach sixty is just not good enough.

Glammy should have set 280 for Sussex to win but this time a lower order collapse. Can't see a win from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Glammy should have set 280 for Sussex to win but this time a lower order collapse. Can't see a win from here.
    Glamorgan went too hard too early at Sussex. However with a draw no use to either side really it was understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Glamorgan went too hard too early at Sussex. However with a draw no use to either side really it was understandable.
    Agreed, you take more risks and pay the price sometimes, draw no good to either.
    To be fair though, the pitch is doing loads and the weather's been so inclement that the four TOBW mentioned , in my opinion, did pretty well to make the runs they did.
    I was at the session before lunch yesterday when Rudolph got out and 2 or 3 Ingram boundaries apart, Sussex could have picked up 3 or 4 wkts.
    The sun is shining bright now and Sussex should knock them off but the bowlers are still beating the bat. Never know.

Sussex need 104 to win with 6 wkts left

128-5, getting interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    128-5, getting interesting.
    137/6. Glammy favourites.

Briggs has played and missed about 6 times with one decent scoring shot for his twenty

He is doing my head in. Sussex have had a lot of luck this afternoon.

Jammy Sussex need 22 with two wkts left

How many times did Michael Hogan beat the bat in that second innings. It happened time and again. We were too light though and needed another 30 odd runs. A good effort though and Van Der Gugten has had a good season.
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 26-08-16 at 17:43.

How many times did Michael Hogan beat the bat in that second innings. It happened time and again. We were too light though and needed another 30 odd runs. A good effort though and Van Der Gugten has had a good season.
    At least we made a better effort, too late though

A bit of bad news, on of our better former coaches is in hospital

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37184688

At least we made a better effort, too late though

A bit of bad news, on of our better former coaches is in hospital

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37184688
    It was nice to see the fielders right up for it in the last session. We very nearly pulled it off and probably would have if Briggs nicked one of the half dozen or so he'd played at. That 50 odd stand with Brown was hard to bear.

Anyway it matters not in the great scheme of things, best wishes JD on a speedy recovery

Yep let's hope John Derrick makes a full recovery. Far too young to be having a stroke. I didn't appreciate what a good track record he had for us as coach.

Kiran Carlson. Wow. We do have some good young un's coming through.

Brilliant by someone I'd not heard of before today!

When I saw Northants were 140-1 at lunch I thought they'd be past 400 by now.

I can remember Hugh Morris saying before the start of the season that we had an excellent fifteen year old leg spinner coming through - I was concerned about our lack of quality spinners, but maybe it won't be a problem at all.

5 for 28 on debut, I too hadn't here'd of him,brilliant

5 for 28 on debut, I too hadn't here'd of him,brilliant
    You're turning into chris, f***ing here'd

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You're turning into chris, f***ing here'd
    PEDANT at least there's no everywhere

Fantastic 5 for debut from the boy. 18 years of age. Wow indeed!
    Good news is whatever happens now he'll be playing next week where we can have a look at him against Gloucestershire

104-8 another poor batting effort I'm afraid, but the authorities tend to take a dim view of pitches on which spinners take as many early wickets as they have in this game and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Northants docked points when the game finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    104-8 another poor batting effort I'm afraid, but the authorities tend to take a dim view of pitches on which spinners take as many early wickets as they have in this game and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Northants docked points when the game finishes.
    It was turning square last night, and for an 18 year old spinner who was picked for mainly for his batting to take 5 wickets was always a concern.

Northants batted first to get runs off the seamers opening burst.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It was turning square last night, and for an 18 year old spinner who was picked for mainly for his batting to take 5 wickets was always a concern.

Northants batted first to get runs off the seamers opening burst.
    122-9 now. Rob Keogh has never taken five wickets in an innings in his life before today - he's got eight in the moment