+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Just got one of those Amazon Fire TV Sticks for 35 quid. Someone I know is going to unlock it for me so I can access whatever stuff I want. I'm guessing you can use it for streams to football, movies etc. As well as Netflix and stuff.

Also my sky contract is due to end with sky so what I want to know is are the tv sticks any good for the footy, films etc. or should I just haggle with sky and get the sports and films with them?

Had an android box until recently but got fed up of trying to find decent streams for stuff so got rid of it and bought this stick thing because I was told they were pretty good and it seemed quite cheap.

Any advice welcome - except shit advice obviously.

Re: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Had an android box until recently but got fed up of trying to find decent streams for stuff.
    Afraid to say you've just bought yourself a slightly more restricted Android box. Once your pal installs Kodi on it it'll be great but you'll still eventually have to update it when streams go down...

Another alternative is to use a family member or close friends sky go account.
    My daughter got the full package with sky and I give her £10 a month for the use of her sky go account. That way I can stream straight to my tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just got one of those Amazon Fire TV Sticks for 35 quid. Someone I know is going to unlock it for me so I can access whatever stuff I want. I'm guessing you can use it for streams to football, movies etc. As well as Netflix and stuff.

Also my sky contract is due to end with sky so what I want to know is are the tv sticks any good for the footy, films etc. or should I just haggle with sky and get the sports and films with them?

Had an android box until recently but got fed up of trying to find decent streams for stuff so got rid of it and bought this stick thing because I was told they were pretty good and it seemed quite cheap.

Any advice welcome - except shit advice obviously.
    Don't eat yellow snow

Well worth 35 quid plus cost of putting Kodi on the stick.
    Really good for films and box sets. Sports is a bit hit and miss.
    Wouldn't really call it a replacement for Sky but depends what you watch.
    We've kept Sky as well but cancelled then they offered me 50% off the tv packages for the year.
    The trick with Sky is make sure you cancel then before the 28 days notice are up they will try and get you back.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 26-07-16 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Afraid to say you've just bought yourself a slightly more restricted Android box. Once your pal installs Kodi on it it'll be great but you'll still eventually have to update it when streams go down...
    This.

Kodi will never be 100% reliable, but if you're looking for something that is a little more stable and avoid you hunting around for links, then you can get a paid subscription for quite cheap. A friend pays £26 every 6 months, and that gets him all the sports channels he could ever want, including all 3pm premier league games. Also includes any PPV stuff.

Kodi is absolutely fine, the apps update themselves and there are so many you wil always have back ups if any go down

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This.

Kodi will never be 100% reliable, but if you're looking for something that is a little more stable and avoid you hunting around for links, then you can get a paid subscription for quite cheap. A friend pays £26 every 6 months, and that gets him all the sports channels he could ever want, including all 3pm premier league games. Also includes any PPV stuff.
    Where's that with?

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    Where's that with?
    You have to buy a box as well

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This.

tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Kodi is absolutely fine, the apps update themselves and there are so many you wil always have back ups if any go down
    This^^^^ my kodi updates itself I haven't had a problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This^^^^ my kodi updates itself I haven't had a problem with it
    Agree, I watch shit loads of films, sport, box sets and it all works fine. I wouldn't be without it now.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    You have to buy a box as well
    All the channels are available either on the website, through Kodi or they have their own app for your smart phone.

He tells me it's called Sportsmania

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Agree, I watch shit loads of films, sport, box sets and it all works fine. I wouldn't be without it now.
    I got Jarvis at the moment gonna give it a couple's of weeks then update it to krypton

can get all channels needed direct to laptop/pc using VLC PLAYER .
    far better quality than kodi crap
    £5 a month

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    can get all channels needed direct to laptop/pc using VLC PLAYER .
    far better quality than kodi crap
    £5 a month
    I get kodi HD to my TV.

£0 a month

Cheers for the advice guys.

Probably look to use it for box sets and films - happy to pay 35 quid for that.

As for the sport, I've already cancelled the lot with sky so I'll wait and see what they offer me.

Basically I begrudge giving them my money so I'd rather go without than pay full price.

For all those paying for sports streaming services, just be careful who you give your details to!

Offsidestreams was a popular site for years before one of the guys went on a spending spree using people's bank details. I believe they are still operating and allowing people to sign up.

If you do subscribe to one of these sites, a paypal option is a good idea (imo).

Got Kodi on my firestick. Find it great for films and TV series, but very much hit and miss for sports. Can't fault it for £35 though.

kodi is for kids and pikeys

kodi is for kids and pikeys
    kodi is ****ing briliant

I use a mag 254 with a top quality pay server
    kodi is poor quality and always needs updating, as said before ok for kids with no money
    ps. you can BS as much as you like kodi is poor get I proper service and you`ll know
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

kodi is poor quality and always needs updating, as said before ok for kids with no money
    ps. you can BS as much as you like kodi is poor get I proper service and you`ll know
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
    I hope i can be as cool as you when i grow up.
    As for the rest of us kids, ive found the best program for playing with kodi is to download ABDfire onto your computer and you can download and send stuff to the stick over your wireless network instantly. Brilliant program which im sure most already know of.

It would be good to get a thread around the start of the new season to find out what sports addons you all recommend, i currently use bulldog streams or castaway. I used to use adryan and p2p streams but they both seem to have gone. Ive only ever used exodus and salts for all the films and shows we have ever needed and they have never let me down.

Mobdro is a good free add on. Not as wide a choice as the repos on Kodi, but not bad for nothing. The Ares wizard is pretty robust.

The Mag 254 looks good, but which "pay servers" are out there?

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
    Whatever helps you justify the needless spend