+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Re: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

I have just got a fire stick and a mate put kodi on it for me. He spent a few hours trying to find sky sports on if and it just did not work? Is that normal? I thought fire stick was a bit like have a chipped box?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    I have just got a fire stick and a mate put kodi on it for me. He spent a few hours trying to find sky sports on if and it just did not work? Is that normal? I thought fire stick was a bit like have a chipped box?
    as I said kodi and firesticks are crap and yes it is normal

i find kodi great for tv shows and movies, live tv is very hit and miss. Id say your best bet is an app called mobdro for sky sports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    i find kodi great for tv shows and movies, live tv is very hit and miss. Id say your best bet is an app called mobdro for sky sports etc.
    mobdro is crap as well celtic kicked off 5 times in the first few minutes last time i used it

get the uk turk add-on. sky sports is on there.

Got a Roku 3 which I have had for ages and been looking at getting and IPTV service. Got one off ebay for £40 which has the works - $ky sports in HD, BeIN, some other crap and lots of decent football streams plus access to a shed load of films, tv shows and stuff. Less than a month's worth from $ky all in. Flicked between decent HD streams of all Premier games on Saturday and the Brum game. Very impressed.

I used the fire stick for the first time last night and I was quite impressed. Watch Mr Robot on Exodus and had a flick around some of the other stream. I could watch premier league games from last weekend, have to wait and see if I can get anything live. I have to renew my sky subscription within the next week. My initial thoughts are that the fire stick is a good addition but it won't replace sky and if I want to watch live football there is no guarantee unless I have sky.

Fair play the old fire stick is working a treat tonight. I'm on some channel called sport devil and it's showing all of tonight's games live. The picture quality is not perfect but it is watchable and pretty consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just got one of those Amazon Fire TV Sticks for 35 quid. Someone I know is going to unlock it for me so I can access whatever stuff I want. I'm guessing you can use it for streams to football, movies etc. As well as Netflix and stuff.

Also my sky contract is due to end with sky so what I want to know is are the tv sticks any good for the footy, films etc. or should I just haggle with sky and get the sports and films with them?

Had an android box until recently but got fed up of trying to find decent streams for stuff so got rid of it and bought this stick thing because I was told they were pretty good and it seemed quite cheap.

Any advice welcome - except shit advice obviously.
    I cancelled sky this month.
    2 weeks later got an email offering 50% off.
    Basicaly kodi is theft.chanes are you will get
    way with but just like the speed camera someome always gets caught
    Last edited by dandywarhol; 23-08-16 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    That reminds me. Must cancel mine tomorrow and sit back and wait for a half price offer. I'm into the final weeks of my contract.

Well it won't be me.

Internet speed is shite in Caerphilly.

True it's just like when all those people who bought knock off videos got banged up

And all these torrent users languishing in jail

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    I used the fire stick for the first time last night and I was quite impressed. Watch Mr Robot on Exodus and had a flick around some of the other stream. I could watch premier league games from last weekend, have to wait and see if I can get anything live. I have to renew my sky subscription within the next week. My initial thoughts are that the fire stick is a good addition but it won't replace sky and if I want to watch live football there is no guarantee unless I have sky.
    I bought a firestick on the weekend.

i am still trying to understand things but so far i've downloaded and installed a file explorer, have installed kodi, and have installed mobdro, which has given me loads of options.

What other 'add ons' do i need?

Oh and it's a cracking piece of kit, even just for the stuff built in

kodi is perfectly legal. unless you are the one doing the streaming it is perfectly legal to watch.

I got the firestick, with Kodi installed, but it's no replacement for sky. Every 12 months now, I cancel Sky and they always come back with at least 50% off. The links on Kodi are very hit and miss, can't fault it for £35 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I bought a firestick on the weekend.

i am still trying to understand things but so far i've downloaded and installed a file explorer, have installed kodi, and have installed mobdro, which has given me loads of options.

What other 'add ons' do i need?

Oh and it's a cracking piece of kit, even just for the stuff built in
    Exodus for movies is great but wait a few weeks for HD streams to come available on newer movies worth it than watch a CAM recording stream 👍

Clamping down they are. I worked at one of the big players a while back, and I am privy to some conversations at senior levels involving many of the companies. The onus has been on pubs broadcasting free stuff without paying Sky. Also trying to tackle the streamers, but that is a forlorn task. The streamers are clever, but the people sat at home assuming the law is on their side are less clever.

Now a few of the big players are lobbying to get the sale of pre loaded boxes outlawed - they are succeeding.

They are now moving onto the ISPs. The big players know ALL the streams, and under the snoopers charter they are confident that they can pressure the ISPs into providing the details of streamers and watchers alike. Leaving the EU is likely to make this easier. remember some people are watching illegal Sky streams on Sky broadband! Sky KNOW who each person watching is. They and the Governments hands are tied by EU regulation.

Within 3 years it will be illegal to watch SKY Sports via anything other than a Sky subscription. The companies know that they cannot press charges against everyone.

What I think will happen is that they will bring a few hundred cases against people watching via KODI or whatever. Then they will dish out heavy fines (£1000) to those people.

In the meantime the majority of the general public will ditch their Kodi boxes, probably having had some literature through the door from their ISP saying that it is illegal to watch. Some people will continue to defy the law, but will be easily caught.

Essentially, the EU lawmakers have been allowing this to happen and, once we are thankfully out, , a lot of the half baked laws will go too. And the tools are already in place to nail those who think it is justifiable to steal. If you're unfortunate enough to be called to explain your actions to a Judge, I'll be fascinated to hear his/her response to your belief of entitlement.

The big players are playing the long game and, as you all continue to watch for nothing, you could well be moving up the hit list because it will be the most prolific offenders that will get their collars felt.

Take your 50% off offers. In 2020 Sky will hold all the aces again, and will be charging a fortune because streaming will no longer exist .

Happy viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Clamping down they are. I worked at one of the big players a while back, and I am privy to some conversations at senior levels involving many of the companies. The onus has been on pubs broadcasting free stuff without paying Sky. Also trying to tackle the streamers, but that is a forlorn task. The streamers are clever, but the people sat at home assuming the law is on their side are less clever.

Now a few of the big players are lobbying to get the sale of pre loaded boxes outlawed - they are succeeding.

They are now moving onto the ISPs. The big players know ALL the streams, and under the snoopers charter they are confident that they can pressure the ISPs into providing the details of streamers and watchers alike. Leaving the EU is likely to make this easier. remember some people are watching illegal Sky streams on Sky broadband! Sky KNOW who each person watching is. They and the Governments hands are tied by EU regulation.

Within 3 years it will be illegal to watch SKY Sports via anything other than a Sky subscription. The companies know that they cannot press charges against everyone.

What I think will happen is that they will bring a few hundred cases against people watching via KODI or whatever. Then they will dish out heavy fines (£1000) to those people.

In the meantime the majority of the general public will ditch their Kodi boxes, probably having had some literature through the door from their ISP saying that it is illegal to watch. Some people will continue to defy the law, but will be easily caught.

Essentially, the EU lawmakers have been allowing this to happen and, once we are thankfully out, , a lot of the half baked laws will go too. And the tools are already in place to nail those who think it is justifiable to steal. If you're unfortunate enough to be called to explain your actions to a Judge, I'll be fascinated to hear his/her response to your belief of entitlement.

The big players are playing the long game and, as you all continue to watch for nothing, you could well be moving up the hit list because it will be the most prolific offenders that will get their collars felt.

Take your 50% off offers. In 2020 Sky will hold all the aces again, and will be charging a fortune because streaming will no longer exist .

Happy viewing!
    Presumably people will just get a proxy and still do it?

When people claim the rich look to avoid paying money for taxes etc can we reconvene at this thread to discuss.

Not having a go mind, I don't really care. I use sports streams online (or do I?.......)

There is a bit of a difference between illegally streaming TV, movies and an offshore account. But given the chance we all look to save in whatever way possible
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 15-11-16 at 15:06.

I bought the Amazon stick signed up to Prime and Netflix , told virgin to remove all services premium channels , phone add on's etc just kept there excellent broadband , saved 60 pounds a month , got more television than before, and better quality , not missing the football or any other sport , if something is worth watching ( which is rare these days ) I'll just pop down the local and watch it and chat with humans over a pint .

And of course I have the enjoyable experiences of watching the greatest sports events on earth live at Cardiff City Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    kodi is ****ing briliant
    What add-ons do you use? I have Kodi but rarely use it. I can't be arsed searching through all the channels.

I suppose there is a weird conundrum here. Sky, virgin et al, have to charge a fortune as they pay mega money for football broadcast rights. This money then goes towards players like Gabby Agbonlahor £60k a week to arse about in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I suppose there is a weird conundrum here. Sky, virgin et al, have to charge a fortune as they pay mega money for football broadcast rights. This money then goes towards players like Gabby Agbonlahor £60k a week to arse about in the championship.
    I know, it's a real moral dilemma. What about the agents too?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What add-ons do you use? I have Kodi but rarely use it. I can't be arsed searching through all the channels.
    wookie wizard. it installs all the adddons for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    wookie wizard. it installs all the adddons for you.
    why can't they give easy step by step installation instructions. the wookie website looks like a wookie created it

they don't make it easy