+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Re: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    More often than not the channels I have "available" do not work. Is this common?
    Same here.

I gave mine away because I just got fed up of not being able to get a decent stream.

I put mine down to living in the valleys with super shit broadband speed - I'm guessing New York is a bit better than Caerphilly in that respect so perhaps some good people on here can give you some advice on what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Same here.

I gave mine away because I just got fed up of not being able to get a decent stream.

I put mine down to living in the valleys with super shit broadband speed - I'm guessing New York is a bit better than Caerphilly in that respect so perhaps some good people on here can give you some advice on what to do?

Been using Chromecast, the simplicity is amazing, control it all from your phone. I use plex on my desktop to stream any videos I have, and use CinemaBox HD app to watch films.

Plus I can use youtube from my phone to play straight to the TV which is great for the kids.

I was considering Amazon stick, but it seems more restricted. Yes you can have kodi, but that is only good for films, live streams are terrible and awkward to find. I am sure I am missing something, but dont see the fuss over Amazon compared to other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This.

Kodi will never be 100% reliable, but if you're looking for something that is a little more stable and avoid you hunting around for links, then you can get a paid subscription for quite cheap. A friend pays £26 every 6 months, and that gets him all the sports channels he could ever want, including all 3pm premier league games. Also includes any PPV stuff.
    Find some best picks form here: http://bestdroidbox.co.uk/

Same here.

Move to New York

Buy a book

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Move to New York
    They won't let me in on account of the beard.

Perhaps I can hide in the boot of one of your free cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Clamping down they are. I worked at one of the big players a while back, and I am privy to some conversations at senior levels involving many of the companies. The onus has been on pubs broadcasting free stuff without paying Sky. Also trying to tackle the streamers, but that is a forlorn task. The streamers are clever, but the people sat at home assuming the law is on their side are less clever.

Now a few of the big players are lobbying to get the sale of pre loaded boxes outlawed - they are succeeding.

They are now moving onto the ISPs. The big players know ALL the streams, and under the snoopers charter they are confident that they can pressure the ISPs into providing the details of streamers and watchers alike. Leaving the EU is likely to make this easier. remember some people are watching illegal Sky streams on Sky broadband! Sky KNOW who each person watching is. They and the Governments hands are tied by EU regulation.

Within 3 years it will be illegal to watch SKY Sports via anything other than a Sky subscription. The companies know that they cannot press charges against everyone.

What I think will happen is that they will bring a few hundred cases against people watching via KODI or whatever. Then they will dish out heavy fines (£1000) to those people.

In the meantime the majority of the general public will ditch their Kodi boxes, probably having had some literature through the door from their ISP saying that it is illegal to watch. Some people will continue to defy the law, but will be easily caught.

Essentially, the EU lawmakers have been allowing this to happen and, once we are thankfully out, , a lot of the half baked laws will go too. And the tools are already in place to nail those who think it is justifiable to steal. If you're unfortunate enough to be called to explain your actions to a Judge, I'll be fascinated to hear his/her response to your belief of entitlement.

The big players are playing the long game and, as you all continue to watch for nothing, you could well be moving up the hit list because it will be the most prolific offenders that will get their collars felt.

Take your 50% off offers. In 2020 Sky will hold all the aces again, and will be charging a fortune because streaming will no longer exist .

Happy viewing!
    ^^

^^
    You sound like a barrel of laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You sound like a barrel of laughs!
    Thank-you. It's rare to get a compliment on forums these days. It means a lot.

Same here.

I am thinking about this Kodi malarky , are you saying you ditched yours?

Thank-you. It's rare to get a compliment on forums these days. It means a lot.
    I bet, it means even more when its from Mr Chuckles himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Don't eat yellow snow
    Piss advice. So technically, not shit advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am thinking about this Kodi malarky , are you saying you ditched yours?
    Yep. Couldn't be arsed with it. Spent so long trying to find a tidy stream that the games would be half over by the time I got it on.

As I say, it may well be down to living in Mordor but I ended up getting the sky switched back on.

I have had a pm this week from someone who shall remain nameless (in case they incur the wrath of the Internet police) that is watching quality football streams. Once my sky contract is up I'll probably take his advice and give it a go.

For what it's worth I've got both but would never ditch sky for Kodi. It's alright for the odd film but most of it is a right potch and frankly shite

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    For what it's worth I've got both but would never ditch sky for Kodi. It's alright for the odd film but most of it is a right potch and frankly shite
    totally agree kodi is a pile of crap.ok for kids and those on minimum wage only
    Last edited by C1C9F2C7; 09-02-17 at 23:47.

I'm just going to introduce this recent ruling into the discussion (for better or for worse)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm just going to introduce this recent ruling into the discussion (for better or for worse)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054
    Not the same thing that is being discussed here. (i.e. stealing TV). Plus, that ruling could very easily be overturned after Brexit.