+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Re: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    I hope i can be as cool as you when i grow up.
    As for the rest of us kids, ive found the best program for playing with kodi is to download ABDfire onto your computer and you can download and send stuff to the stick over your wireless network instantly. Brilliant program which im sure most already know of.

It would be good to get a thread around the start of the new season to find out what sports addons you all recommend, i currently use bulldog streams or castaway. I used to use adryan and p2p streams but they both seem to have gone. Ive only ever used exodus and salts for all the films and shows we have ever needed and they have never let me down.
    Sport 365 within Zem Tv has served me well

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Sport 365 within Zem Tv has served me well

Cheers mate, i will check it out when im home next.

I did hear the PLP has stopped in america this season, so im not sure how that will effect the choice of streams. I always found PLP on NBC streams were perfect HD and no buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Cheers mate, i will check it out when im home next.

I did hear the PLP has stopped in america this season, so im not sure how that will effect the choice of streams. I always found PLP on NBC streams were perfect HD and no buffering.
    I think a thread once the season is up and running would be a great idea!

I think a thread once the season is up and running would be a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Cheers for the advice guys.

Probably look to use it for box sets and films - happy to pay 35 quid for that.

As for the sport, I've already cancelled the lot with sky so I'll wait and see what they offer me.

Basically I begrudge giving them my money so I'd rather go without than pay full price.
    Little update:

As expected sky have been pestering me with emails and calls offering me various things. Decided to stall them and see how much more they would offer.

Just reinstated it all now after being offered half price tv (original bundle plus sports) and free line rental for a year.

£45 for TV (with sky sports) phone and unlimited fibre broadband.

Happy enough with that.

Should get the fire stick back later as well so hopefully that'll be movies and box sets all sorted.

Little update:

As expected sky have been pestering me with emails and calls offering me various things. Decided to stall them and see how much more they would offer.

Just reinstated it all now after being offered half price tv (original bundle plus sports) and free line rental for a year.

£45 for TV (with sky sports) phone and unlimited fibre broadband.

Happy enough with that.

Should get the fire stick back later as well so hopefully that'll be movies and box sets all sorted.
    Thats what I did. I jumped in a little early though as they had posted me a letter offering me the half price tv deal, free broadband PLUS £50 cashback but by the time the letter come I had taken their offer half price tv and free broadband.

Still I took my overall bill with multiroom, line rental, HD and boxsets down from £95 to £64 so was happy plus I cancelled my Netflix £7 as could get everything I watched on there on the Kodi plus the latest films.

i noticed es file explorer doesn't work anymore with amazon

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    i noticed es file explorer doesn't work anymore with amazon
    Worked for me the other day

Kodi is amazing. Always find the film/TV programme I'm looking for.

Use Mobdro for live sport streaming. Can get any game really, just not always the best quality. A lot of people need HD and the like these days so maybe just keep Sky Sports.

Without wanting to look a bit dull here but when people say they'll unlock a fire stick, what does that actually mean?

Does it simply mean putting kodi on it?

I was under the impression that you could unlock Amazon prime and access all the stuff on there without paying the £79 annual fee.

Without wanting to look a bit dull here but when people say they'll unlock a fire stick, what does that actually mean?

I was under the impression that you could unlock Amazon prime and access all the stuff on there without paying the £79 annual fee.

Yes exactly, it just means putting kodi on there. No, you won't get the amazon service without paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    Yes exactly, it just means putting kodi on there. No, you won't get the amazon service without paying for it.
    Cheers for that.

Kodi is absolutely fine, the apps update themselves and there are so many you wil always have back ups if any go down
    And it's free. Install it yourself. It's a little complicated, but here are step by step instructions (no computer required):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIxeEmtSXac

Worked for me the other day
    I tried to update kodi to 16.2 I think the other day and it wouldn't download so after a quick search online I read es file explorer is no longer compatible with Amazon after 31 July

But there is a way to bypass using the computer

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I tried to update kodi to 16.2 I think the other day and it wouldn't download so after a quick search online I read es file explorer is no longer compatible with Amazon after 31 July
    Only a matter of time before they started to clamp down

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Only a matter of time before they started to clamp down
    http://www.aftvnews.com/es-file-expl...fire-tv-stick/

Best site/stream for tonight's football
    Sky sports 1

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Best site/stream for tonight's football
    Sky sports 1
    Cheers. That's working great for me

Now the new season is upon us, what kodi app is everyone using for games? I was using sport365 but it seems to have vanished

Hey mate, stick to your wireless transistor receiver. Any problems tuning it in, give us a shout on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Now the new season is upon us, what kodi app is everyone using for games? I was using sport365 but it seems to have vanished
    Yeh it doesn't appear to have the streams up which sucks a bit - try PakTV in Zem

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Thats what I did. I jumped in a little early though as they had posted me a letter offering me the half price tv deal, free broadband PLUS £50 cashback but by the time the letter come I had taken their offer half price tv and free broadband.

Still I took my overall bill with multiroom, line rental, HD and boxsets down from £95 to £64 so was happy plus I cancelled my Netflix £7 as could get everything I watched on there on the Kodi plus the latest films.
    my Sky has just gone to full price after negotiating a discount last year that saved £20 a month.

I'm up to £91 a month for full services, HD, multiroom, sports, movies etc. No internet. I have that with BT and that (along with BT Sport has gone up).

Need to play one off against the other now. between them it's over £150 a month. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    I use a mag 254 with a top quality pay server
    kodi is poor quality and always needs updating, as said before ok for kids with no money
    ps. you can BS as much as you like kodi is poor get I proper service and you`ll know
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
    Surely the whole point of Kodi is getting something for nothing. If you only get what you pay for (which is a bullshit statement anyway - ever heard of bittorrent? Or do you enjoy having a large collection of worthless, plastic discs taking up space?) you may as well pay top whack for cable and all the premium channels.

What are poeple going to use tonight if you are not off to the game?