+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Re: Amazon Fire stick/Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    why can't they give easy step by step installation instructions. the wookie website looks like a wookie created it

they don't make it easy
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-h...zard-for-kodi/

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Clamping down they are. I worked at one of the big players a while back, and I am privy to some conversations at senior levels involving many of the companies. The onus has been on pubs broadcasting free stuff without paying Sky. Also trying to tackle the streamers, but that is a forlorn task. The streamers are clever, but the people sat at home assuming the law is on their side are less clever.

Now a few of the big players are lobbying to get the sale of pre loaded boxes outlawed - they are succeeding.

They are now moving onto the ISPs. The big players know ALL the streams, and under the snoopers charter they are confident that they can pressure the ISPs into providing the details of streamers and watchers alike. Leaving the EU is likely to make this easier. remember some people are watching illegal Sky streams on Sky broadband! Sky KNOW who each person watching is. They and the Governments hands are tied by EU regulation.

Within 3 years it will be illegal to watch SKY Sports via anything other than a Sky subscription. The companies know that they cannot press charges against everyone.

What I think will happen is that they will bring a few hundred cases against people watching via KODI or whatever. Then they will dish out heavy fines (£1000) to those people.

In the meantime the majority of the general public will ditch their Kodi boxes, probably having had some literature through the door from their ISP saying that it is illegal to watch. Some people will continue to defy the law, but will be easily caught.

Essentially, the EU lawmakers have been allowing this to happen and, once we are thankfully out, , a lot of the half baked laws will go too. And the tools are already in place to nail those who think it is justifiable to steal. If you're unfortunate enough to be called to explain your actions to a Judge, I'll be fascinated to hear his/her response to your belief of entitlement.

The big players are playing the long game and, as you all continue to watch for nothing, you could well be moving up the hit list because it will be the most prolific offenders that will get their collars felt.

Take your 50% off offers. In 2020 Sky will hold all the aces again, and will be charging a fortune because streaming will no longer exist .

Happy viewing!
    I've lived over 20 years without a TV at various times, it's nothing special. Luckily it was in places where the people didn't spend most of their lives indoors. Even now I'm not fussed on it, and I certainly won't be subscribing to any fancy whoopie-doo service that offers 500+ channels

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've lived over 20 years without a TV at various times, it's nothing special. Luckily it was in places where the people didn't spend most of their lives indoors. Even now I'm not fussed on it, and I certainly won't be subscribing to any fancy whoopie-doo service that offers 500+ channels
    good for you. i am sure you are on the honours list for new year. you hero.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post

Possibly, of course I will be refusing to accept any dodgy handshakes or gifts

i get to the final step and it says it's installed but i can't seem to highlight 'close' and there's no sign of wookie in my apps

it's so close to being amazing while at the same time being so complicated

i get to the final step and it says it's installed but i can't seem to highlight 'close' and there's no sign of wookie in my apps

yeah it is a bit techie. sorry, am away from home at the moment and can't help. did you reset your box before trying it?

it also needs a power cycle - pull the plug out and put it back in. did you try that? ignore the close button option.

Nothing wrong with any of that. I'd quite fancy having an Aston Martin DB9 on my driveway. Unlike others in this thread, I'm not comtemplating on stealing what I'd really like to have purely because I have a misplaced belief of entitlement.

As for VPNs, if you really think that guarantees anonymity or if you think that your logins and sites visited are not logged then you're dafter than I thought. Each of these VPNs has one piece of information about you. It could be your IP address. It could be your MAC address. They will almost certainly be logging your connection times, and they will be logging your data usage. Many will also record the sites you have visited. Try reading the small print the next time you use a VPN.

yeah it is a bit techie. sorry, am away from home at the moment and can't help. did you reset your box before trying it?
    Techie? You're kidding right? Anyway thanks for the info, it virtually installed itself

Nothing wrong with any of that. I'd quite fancy having an Aston Martin DB9 on my driveway. Unlike others in this thread, I'm not comtemplating on stealing what I'd really like to have purely because I have a misplaced belief of entitlement.

As for VPNs, if you really think that guarantees anonymity or if you think that your logins and sites visited are not logged then you're dafter than I thought. Each of these VPNs has one piece of information about you. It could be your IP address. It could be your MAC address. They will almost certainly be logging your connection times, and they will be logging your data usage. Many will also record the sites you have visited. Try reading the small print the next time you use a VPN.
    I believe your information is correct, and this is what the snoopers charter was really all about Expect lots more surprises too, this is only the beginning. Keeping us safe

get back to us when youve done some more reading up about this subject eh?

Blog Entries

I believe your information is correct, and this is what the snoopers charter was really all about Expect lots more surprises too, this is only the beginning. Keeping us safe
    My laptop is less safe than it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    What about people who use a VPN and https ?

How are the ISPs going to monitor who is watching what then ?
    exactly

of course we will have some scare stories in the press, though none of the court cases will actually take place

to watch streaming TV the ISP will just see bandwidth being used, of course you will be going through a VPN, so they will not be able to see where you are streaming from

many will delete records after 24 hours though, which is the point of them

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    My laptop is less safe than it's ever been.
    Where's that TruBlue, I seem to recall him being the ringleader

Blog Entries

Where's that TruBlue, I seem to recall him being the ringleader
    I'm sick of it if I'm honest, got to get rid of Windows.

get back to us when youve done some more reading up about this subject eh?
    Wikileaks advise against depending upon VPN's to remain anonymous.

I'm sick of it if I'm honest, got to get rid of Windows.
    Try Linux Mint for web browsing. If you need to use Windows apps, run them offline (dual-boot or use a separate computer)

The last step is choose a community build (3rd option across, before tools) ... Try the first one.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 16-11-16 at 00:06.

Blog Entries

Try Linux Mint for web browsing. If you need to use Windows apps, run them offline (dual-boot or use a separate computer)
    I might need some advice on that

I might need some advice on that
    Anytime, I know the odd thing or two about computers

The last step is choose a community build (3rd option across, before tools) ... Try the first one.
    After this step, and as an example go to videos > add-ons > UK Turk Playlists

Blog Entries

Anytime, I know the odd thing or two about computers
    Fail your inbox is full.

Fail your inbox is full.
    I didn't set the the email limit