+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Selling a car to dealers

Selling a car to dealers

Hey guys, I'm looking to sell my car to a dealer as I want a quick sale, does anyone have experience with any and who might offer the best value? The only one I know is WeBuyAnyCar.com but their valuation is about £1000 less than the value Autotrader and Parker value my car at.

Re: Selling a car to dealers

Yes, I did it.
    Not we buy any car but a trade firm - was a rip off though.
    Offered me £10k on the phone, had to pay £250 pick up fee, then offered me £9k on site.

Told em to walk even though it cost me the £250.

How old is your car?

That £1000 is what you pay for a quick sale. They cant buy it off you at market rates, they have to make a profit somewhere.

Gumtree can be worth a go.

Sold mine to Evans halshaw on Newport road. They get a quote from we buy any car, show you the quote, and then give you a couple of hundred more. I tried the car shop on penarth road first, and they offered me about a thousand less than Evans Halshaw, and they were the ones who sold me the **** in the first place!

I'd chuck it on gumtree. Last time I advertised a car on there, it sold for full price within three days. Mind you it was a Focus.

You won't get anywhere near the auto trader value if you sell to a dealer mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'd chuck it on gumtree. Last time I advertised a car on there, it sold for full price within three days. Mind you it was a Focus.
    BULL. SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    BULL. SHIT.
    Honestly, it was a proper fanny magnet too, had front foglights and everything. But times are hard mate. Had to trade her in and buy one of those poxy Audi R8's. Don't get me wrong it's quite quick but it'll just never have the same kerb appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Honestly, it was a proper fanny magnet too, had front foglights and everything. But times are hard mate. Had to trade her in and buy one of those poxy Audi R8's. Don't get me wrong it's quite quick but it'll just never have the same kerb appeal.
    so you swapped a fanny magnet for a cock magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    so you swapped a fanny magnet for a cock magnet
    Mate that's not very nice. I think you owe Barry an apology.