+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dikgacoi told to go

Dikgacoi told to go

So thats three no longer wanted. I hope that some money is made available to strengthen the team as we desperate for a proven striker who tries a a bit,a winger and cover for Marshy.

Re: Dikgacoi told to go

Cardiff City will listen to offers for Kagisho Dikgacoi, says manager Paul Trollope

The 31-year-old has slipped down the pecking order at the club and didn't travel on the Bluebirds' pre-season tour of Germany

Paul Trollope has confirmed that central midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi is free to find another club.

The South African played 30 minutes of the pre-season friendly against Shrewsbury Town at Greenhous Meadows earlier in the summer but did not travel to Germany as he worked on his fitness.

The manager has now said that the club are open to offers for the 31-year-old.

He said: “He stayed back with the younger group to stay and train there, I thought that would be a move which would benefit all parties.

“He's in a similar situation to Adam Le Fondre and Kiko Macheda, if the right thing comes along in terms of a move away then it's something we'll consider.”

Dikgacoi has made 28 appearances in all competitions since signing for the club in June 2014.

He made 25 of those last season but in his last outing he struggled badly as Cardiff's play-off hopes were extinguished by a rampant Sheffield Wednesday.

Thought to be a significant earner, his departure would help the club reduce their wage bill and perhaps aid the search for new signings.

Stuart O'Keefe, Peter Whittingham and Joe Ralls have all impressed in pre-season and Aron Gunnarsson made his club comeback with 45 minutes against Bochum in Herne.

Trollope seems to know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Let's be fair, the three told to go can have absolutely no complaints about the decisions and were standout candidates to be shown the door ... it's so glaringly obvious - even the tea-lady could have predicted this.

With fatboy going I'd love to see Ralls Whitts and Gunnar somehow worked in as a midfield trio with 3CB's and Jazz Richards and Fabio as wing backs. Zohore and Fred up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    With fatboy going I'd love to see Ralls Whitts and Gunnar somehow worked in as a midfield trio with 3CB's and Jazz Richards and Fabio as wing backs. Zohore and Fred up front.

Both Zohore and Gounongbe are unproven at this level; to play one of the duo up front is ok, but not both. We still need a proven goalscorer to lead our attack. Whitts and Gunnarsson together just don't cut it for me, no legs.

I have to say, this Summer's transfer window, has been rather underwhelming for us so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    FACT OF THE DAY

Paulk Trollope has, in honour of being involved in the recent success of the Welsh national team, changed his name by deed poll to 'Paulk Trollope'.

The double-L in his surname will from today be pronounced in the usual Welsh manner. The new Cardiff City manager Trollope, now pronounced as Tro-chl-ope, was planning on buying a new set of waterproofs later today as many of his colleagues at the club are having problems saying his new name correctly.

Your welkum.

(Source: S T Ucker)

If he's got any of his contract left then it should be cancelled immediately and he should be shown the door without any compensation. He's missed months of playing time due to him being overweight that's his fault it's not an accident, get rid ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    If he's got any of his contract left then it should be cancelled immediately and he should be shown the door without any compensation. He's missed months of playing time due to him being overweight that's his fault it's not an accident, get rid ASAP

F*** me, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    So thats three no longer wanted. I hope that some money is made available to strengthen the team as we desperate for a proven striker who tries a a bit,a winger and cover for Marshy.
    I think all 3 were always headed for the exit.

The one I'm interested in is Tom Adeyemi. He still seems to be just about in the picture. If he performs like he did in his first few cameo appearances for us before his injury he could be a massive asset. If he replicates his Leeds performances (after the first month) he will be following the other 3 out of the door.

This, although I'd prefer Immers over Zohore. Not sure what's happening with Pilkington at the moment, but we need to fit him in somewhere as well imho

He has never been fit from the start.Its down to him he has had plenty of time to sort himself out.Seems he likes to take the money for doing nothing.At last we are weeding out the high earners who are contributing nothing.I hope some of the money will go back into the team.Trouble is who will take any of this lot on with the wages involved.We may end up having to pay some of the wages for them to play elsewhere.Just shows the pit falls when signing new players on big contracts.

I agree, he's getting rid of that Slade brought in, he was over weight but when he joined the club but Slade still played him

All very well telling these players they can go but finding takers with the silly wages they are no doubt on is another matter.
    Palace were in the Prem and made fatso a new contract offer which he turned down in favour of dropping down to us in the Championship so he's going to be on stupid wages that will far outweigh his talent.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    All very well telling these players they can go but finding takers with the silly wages they are no doubt on is another matter.
    Palace were in the Prem and made fatso a new contract offer which he turned down in favour of dropping down to us in the Championship so he's going to be on stupid wages that will far outweigh his talent.
    True fact. We're likely to have a pay a chunk of his wages even if we offload.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    True fact. We're likely to have a pay a chunk of his wages even if we offload.
    No surpies really.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No surpies really.
    Larding out loud

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F*** me, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning
    Would you employ a fat lazy bar stud Tone?

Zahore and Fred didn't work in last nights friendly, we seemed to lump it forward for the two big lads to chase.

I preferred Fred up top on his own with Pilks and Immers tucked in behind that we played at the weekend personally.