+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #CityAsOne

Blue in the Face

#CityAsOne

At the end of the vid posted below, James Rowberry talks about how Trollope wants everyone to buy into the "City As One" thing. Before it all went wrong, Malky had for a time managed to instill a sense of unity and purpose and it got us promoted. I hope the atmosphere around the club can get back to that positivity.

By the end of the summer, we should have got rid of all the mercenaries and bench bandits. Our squad is made up of players with good attitudes. Hopefully Cardiff can capitalise on the good feeling around Welsh football and have a great season.

Blue in the Face

Re: #CityAsOne

James Rowberry interview...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    At the end of the vid posted below, James Rowberry talks about how Trollope wants everyone to buy into the "City As One" thing. Before it all went wrong, Malky had for a time managed to instill a sense of unity and purpose and it got us promoted. I hope the atmosphere around the club can get back to that positivity.

By the end of the summer, we should have got rid of all the mercenaries and bench bandits. Our squad is made up of players with good attitudes. Hopefully Cardiff can capitalise on the good feeling around Welsh football and have a great season.
    Makes sense. I was thinking along those lines having seen the players touted coming in.
    PT has had the benefit of seeing players' fitness, attitude and talent. Jazz Richards and Cotterell might well have impressed him.
    Unity, good organisation and hard work paid off for Wales

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Makes sense. I was thinking along those lines having seen the players touted coming in.
    PT has had the benefit of seeing players' fitness, attitude and talent. Jazz Richards and Cotterell might well have impressed him.
    Unity, good organisation and hard work paid off for Wales
    That's one good thing about signing players from the Welsh camp. Aside from the factor of the fans having "one of their own" to cheer on, Trollope would have a first hand chance to asses the factors you highlight.

This gets me thinking about two of our three signings so for this summer - Zahore and Immers. Both were loans before we bought permanently. Is this the way to go in the future? Loans with the option to buy? Give the chance for the club to work out they fit in before we commit signings to longer contracts?

Banned

That's NEVER going to happen.

It seems a bit of a rip off from the Wales thing.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It seems a bit of a rip off from the Wales thing.
    It definitely is.

Whatever works.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post

That's NEVER going to happen.
    It happened before Slade's unmemorable time here. It will happen after.

You're the first person on my ignore list. Well done, you achieved something.

It definitely is.

Whatever works.
    England tried "Together for England" or something along those lines. Everyone can use the same words but it will be how those words inspire those who matter that will count for whether the message will work or not.

All these slogans mean nothing if we believe the club has no interest in the fans and it's just an empty marketing ploy, but so many bridges have been built that this desire for togetherness at club level does not seem like message laced in irony any longer.

Although describing it as "our hashtag" does undermine my point somewhat.
    Last edited by surge; 14-07-16 at 20:03.

Trouble is were missing that link that would bind us togther forevermore , and that link is in London busily resurrecting the glory years of the Addicks.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trouble is were missing that link that would bind us togther forevermore , and that link is in London busily resurrecting the glory years of the Addicks.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    England tried "Together for England" or something along those lines. Everyone can use the same words but it will be how those words inspire those who matter that will count for whether the message will work or not.

All these slogans mean nothing if we believe the club has no interest in the fans and it's just an empty marketing ploy, but so many bridges have been built that this desire for togetherness at club level does not seem like message laced in irony any longer.

Although describing it as "our hashtag" does undermine my point somewhat.
    The words mean nothing unless the club back it up, which it seems the club is trying to do with the bridge building you mention.

More than anything, league performance can alter fan perspective of the things like "togetherness".

I think the clamour for Welsh players at the club, which I subscribe to, could help this concept become more tangible. Obviously we can only sign players if they are worthy of improving the team and only if viable. But it would be great to have players motivated by a local cause rather than just mercenaries. The best case scenario for this is players from the academy making the team, but it could be a while yet before that happens. Getting rid of the players who aren't bothered should also help (we're almost there).

Do you post as grange end 1927 on **** by any chance?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Are you asking to me?

I use an app for Chrome called "Nanny" which allows you to block websites. I haven't looked at **** once for a couple of years.

The only other name I've used (and still do) is "Otto"

Are you asking to me?

I use an app for Chrome called "Nanny" which allows you to block websites. I haven't looked at **** once for a couple of years.

The only other name I've used (and still do) is "Otto"
    What is an **** , is it like an amazon fire stick

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What is an **** , is it like an amazon fire stick
    No. A fire stick sounds useful.

Blue in the Face

Mate! WTF!? I just had a look on there for the first time in forever as your post threw me and I really didn't get what you're on about. But I now I do. The poster you mentioned has copied and pasted this OP almost word for word. But they haven't posted the Rowberry vid so the thing doesn't make sense.

What a weirdo.

Mate! WTF!? I just had a look on there for the first time in forever as your post threw me and I really didn't get what you're on about. But I now I do. The poster you mentioned has copied and pasted this OP almost word for word. But they haven't posted the Rowberry vid so the thing doesn't make sense.

What a weirdo.
    Was it an " EXCLUSIVE "?

What a weirdo.
    Sorry to trouble you

I was taking the piss although you may have guessed that by now

Did you post as Otto on Bluebirds Forum?

Sorry to trouble you

I was taking the piss although you may have guessed that by now

Did you post as Otto on Bluebirds Forum?
    I hope so. Otto was a great poster on the Bluebirds forum but disappeared from the face of the earth overnight!
    Last edited by thehumblegringo; 16-07-16 at 05:42.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I hope so. Otto was a great poster on the Bluebirds forum but disappeared from the face of the earth overnight!
    I think it's the same guy as just seen his detailed post on the Welsh players thread.

He was all over the players threads on the Bluebirds forum but unfortunately it didn't really take off

So, all the players happy, united behind their manager to achieve a common goal, supported by fans all fully behind the players and manager?

Interesting concept, not sure it will catch on in Cardiff if I'm honest, but worth a go.

Well I think the club are doing all they can it's the fans who keeping putting obstacles in the way.
    For those that know me that is hypocritical and I hold my hands up as I said I would no longer pay to watch the shit served up by Slade, I absolutely hated the bloke but now he's gone no more excuses and I'm looking forward to the new season.