+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Evernote charges

Evernote charges

Dear font of all knowledge....

Evernote are changing their T&Cs for the basic package and only allowing max 2 devices to run + sync the programme. I need 1 for my PC, 1 for my phone and 1 for my tablet. To add a 3rd device they want $35/year, which I'm loathe to pay..!

Does anyone use a similar package that allows you to keep notes etc synchronized on-line and off-line over more than 2 devices but doesn't charge for it?

Cheers in advance.

Re: Evernote charges

Microsoft OneNote is free over multiple devices. Just need to sign up with free Outlook.com account.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Dear font of all knowledge....

Evernote are changing their T&Cs for the basic package and only allowing max 2 devices to run + sync the programme. I need 1 for my PC, 1 for my phone and 1 for my tablet. To add a 3rd device they want $35/year, which I'm loathe to pay..!

Does anyone use a similar package that allows you to keep notes etc synchronized on-line and off-line over more than 2 devices but doesn't charge for it?

Cheers in advance.
    Do you use a web browser to access evernote on your PC or the app?

As far as I can tell from the wording it's two devices as well as via a web browser.

Aha - on the evernote website:
    UPDATE:

Many people have asked whether Evernote Web, accessed from a desktop browser, counts as a “device” for Evernote Basic. It does not. You can access Evernote via the web browser from as many computers as you like, even on a Basic account.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Do you use a web browser to access evernote on your PC or the app?

As far as I can tell from the wording it's two devices as well as via a web browser.

Aha - on the evernote website:
    UPDATE:

Many people have asked whether Evernote Web, accessed from a desktop browser, counts as a “device” for Evernote Basic. It does not. You can access Evernote via the web browser from as many computers as you like, even on a Basic account.
    Ah hah. That could be the answer then. Yes, I access the Evernote web via my PC, I assume. I'll let the deadline pass and see what happens. If it's NG then I'll try the Outlook solution. Cheers all.