+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

#1 - dunkey

Re: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

#2 White Dog poo

3. **** shop

4. Get out and play.

5. Ian Rush

6. Jim'll fix it

7. Spangles

I have collected all the robinsons golliwogs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    3. **** shop
    I've heard that phrase loads of times

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I've heard that phrase loads of times
    So did i as a kid, maybe if i'd gone at the first time of asking my mum wouldn't have said it so often..

Blog Entries

Records/tapes

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Records/tapes
    But what about 'mixtape'? I know the context is only of that of a free album but some ppl shorten it to 'tape'

Blog Entries

But what about 'mixtape'? I know the context is only of that of a free album but some ppl shorten it to 'tape'
    That too

8 track cassettes, prob way before your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That too

8 track cassettes, prob way before your time.
    I remember them, basically when I was young, I was given a Walkman so the first record/whatever I brought was in cassette form

I remember them, basically when I was young, I was given a Walkman so the first record/whatever I brought was in cassette form
    that's not an 8-track cartridge it's a cassette.

"Look out, he'll av your guts for garters!"

Four blackjacks please

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearfan View Post
    Four blackjacks please
    I swerved that one

Cwm Taff Swede

Betamax

Mad Max

Max Headroom

gimme some phukin Housekeeping money

Hale and Pace

Atari

Just got my photos developed at the chemist.

Teletext