+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

Re: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

Lets go to that pub in Splott

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Shhhhh! I'm trying to tape Top of the Pops

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The Football Echo
    Always loved the football echo.

As a kid I was always amazed at how quickly they managed to print it off with the results in - even if loads of them were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    My older brother used to tape the charts off the radio on a Sunday. Me and my mates used to quite enjoy finding his tapes and then taping over random songs with us all shouting stupid stuff and calling him a knob etc.

Had many a beating for that.

Lets go see David Bowie live!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Trust you to lower the tone.

Thankfully you can redeem yourself by choosing which old bint you'd least object to shagging on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Lets all go see one of the Colonel's stand up shows, that'll be a good laugh..

'There's Elton at Vicarage Road with his wife'

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    3. **** shop
    I've heard that phrase loads of times

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Records/tapes
    But what about 'mixtape'? I know the context is only of that of a free album but some ppl shorten it to 'tape'

Your a 'GO OFF' 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Lets play doctors & nurses
    Trust you to think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    My older brother used to tape the charts off the radio on a Sunday. Me and my mates used to quite enjoy finding his tapes and then taping over random songs with us all shouting stupid stuff and calling him a knob etc.

Had many a beating for that.
    Well deserved imo, there would be a full on war if my sister did that to me

Where is the the pools coupon?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I've heard that phrase loads of times
    So did i as a kid, maybe if i'd gone at the first time of asking my mum wouldn't have said it so often..

Richyrich

Nice shell suit.

Blog Entries

But what about 'mixtape'? I know the context is only of that of a free album but some ppl shorten it to 'tape'
    That too

8 track cassettes, prob way before your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That too

8 track cassettes, prob way before your time.
    I remember them, basically when I was young, I was given a Walkman so the first record/whatever I brought was in cassette form

I remember them, basically when I was young, I was given a Walkman so the first record/whatever I brought was in cassette form
    that's not an 8-track cartridge it's a cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    that's not an 8-track cartridge it's a cassette.
    Oh yeah, cheers. Just saw the word 'cassette'

Let's meet the eight that's going to generate

Open the box.....take the money

And tonight's special prize

Dusty Bin

Four blackjacks please

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearfan View Post
    Four blackjacks please
    I swerved that one

Cwm Taff Swede

MSN