+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: booking a last minute holiday?

booking a last minute holiday?

has anyone got any experience of this ? looking to book a week away on tuesday or wednesday to canaries or majorca etc, prices seem extortionate at around £900 each or am i being unrealistic? any advice much appreciated.

Re: booking a last minute holiday?

Got a colleague who raves about holiday pirates. Not used it, so can't personally recommend it, but if you are flexible on dates and location, something like that must be better than £900 a week.

yeah I've had a look around on there, limited to school holidays and misses works in school, so that pushes the price right up. cheers.

[QUOTE=Fine Lines;4653614]has anyone got any experience of this ? looking to book a week away on tuesday or wednesday to canaries or majorca etc, prices seem extortionate at around £900 each or am i being unrealistic? any advice much appreciated.[/QUOTE

Depends on what type of holiday you are looking for.

£900 a week each seems a bit steep , but holiday companies in recent years have tended to book less hotel spaces so have less left over for last minute deals that they have to fill cheaply.

You could have a good week`s cruise in Greece and Croatia next week for 7 days for about £800 which would include all meals and flights. If that`s of interest , check out a website like CruiseDeals.co (and no , I don`t work for them!) as these cruise agents do still sometimes have good last minute offers

Keith

Check teletext last minute holidays and Thomas cook or Thomson last minute holidays. There are weeks hols for around £300 at the moment.

Busy busy times for hols so they don't need to be offering many last minute deals.

Good deals in turkey under 300.

http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/se...ingNameIds=192
    Under 400 on here.

Make sure you find their last minute deal page to find the good offers.

http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/Holidays/Late-Deals
    https://www.thomascook.com/holidays/last-minute
    http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/deals/
    Last edited by Barry Dragon; 28-07-16 at 19:31.

haven are doing 3 nights camping in tenby for 199.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Good deals in turkey under 300.
    Make it 5 grand and I'll think about it

Good deals in turkey under 300.[/QUOTE]

I only pay about £25 for our's, but we got no room in the freezer for it yet.

Prices go through the roof now it's school holidays. Wrong time of year to be looking for a real bargain.

well after an extensive search, I've officially given up trying to find a cheap last minute deal. plenty of empty seats on package holidays but they refuse to lower the price. Madness in my book but hey ho. Porthcawl for chips in the rain it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    has anyone got any experience of this ? looking to book a week away on tuesday or wednesday to canaries or majorca etc, prices seem extortionate at around £900 each or am i being unrealistic? any advice much appreciated.
    Just did Rome for a week using Easyjet. Booked all tickets to places of interest on line as well and avoided three hour long queues for tickets. Everything done 24 hours before my wife and I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    Just did Rome for a week using Easyjet. Booked all tickets to places of interest on line as well and avoided three hour long queues for tickets. Everything done 24 hours before my wife and I went.
    good work fair play. All the ticket prices I'm seeing are extortionate.

yeah I've had a look around on there, limited to school holidays and misses works in school, so that pushes the price right up. cheers.
    Take your wife out of school in term time.

good work fair play. All the ticket prices I'm seeing are extortionate.
    Could you please tell my wife that, as it may mean that she appreciates the gesture even more and get me some extra brownie points along the way....

Mrs R was chuffed the other day when I told her I was looking for flights on the internet.

Surprised me no end it did. I didn't even know she liked darts.

Definitely worth looking at Turkey, great value, albeit a bit dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    great prices for egypt as well at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    Absolutely, with 60,000 Turks arrested, many being tortured and brutalised while in prison, www.airbnb.co.uk should be able to fit anyone in as far as Turkey is concerned.
    You may need to rearrange the furniture following the chaos of a dawn arrest, but hey it's a bargain.