+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zlatan

Re: Zlatan

13 league titles with 6 different clubs but doesnt do it in the big games.

Over 100 caps with more than a goal every 2 games for a smaller nation like Sweden but never shown anything speial at international level.

Player of the year 3 times in Serie A where defending was an art form but never met a defence like West Broms.

Dearie me.

What has that got to do with big games?? Try typing in to Google something like 'Zlatan anonymous or Zlatan disappears in big games'. Have a look at how many articles and examples from Champions League knock out games, big game derbies, major international tournament games. This isn't an opinion I've based on the spur of the moment. This is from years of following European football live, on TV and reading match reports.

Over 100 caps with more than a goal every 2 games for a smaller nation like Sweden but never shown anything speial at international level.
    Who did he score those goals against and in what competition? I love hearing about his amazing bicycle kick from the half-way line, which it was, but in a friendly vs. Joe Hart...need I say more?

Player of the year 3 times in Serie A where defending was an art form but never met a defence like West Broms.

An art-form indeed, for clubs like Juve, Inter and Milan...

Dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's a good player, but his stats are starting to drop from his peak, will still be an improvement for man u though.

The real star for them though will be mkhitayrian. He is utter class.
    yeah he only scored 50 goals and only had 18 assists last season in all competitions

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

Dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    yeah he only scored 50 goals and only had 18 assists last season in all competitions
    Did you miss the rest of the discussion, or are you just a lazy reader?

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Did you miss the rest of the discussion, or are you just a lazy reader?
    no i read his post and replied! i don't agree with you're opinion and reckon he'll get to 20 goals this season

It just sounds like you don't like Ibrahimovic tbh, everyone else is backing up their arguments with stats and you're just trying to debunk them using nonsense arguments.

He may not be a top tier player like Ronaldo or Messi but he wasnt far off at his peak.

What has that got to do with big games?? Try typing in to Google something like 'Zlatan anonymous or Zlatan disappears in big games'. Have a look at how many articles and examples from Champions League knock out games, big game derbies, major international tournament games. This isn't an opinion I've based on the spur of the moment. This is from years of following European football live, on TV and reading match reports.

Who did he score those goals against and in what competition? I love hearing about his amazing bicycle kick from the half-way line, which it was, but in a friendly vs. Joe Hart...need I say more?

Dearie me.
    Lets be fair your statement that hes never experienced organised defences such as "Watford, West Brom, and Sunderland" when hes played in Serie A and the Champions League for a large part of his careeer should have just been end of thread for you regardless of how much European football you watch, or blogs you read. Ludicrous statement.

Dearie me.
    Messi anonymous 516k
    Ronaldo anonymous 421k
    Zlatan anonymous 351k

Messi disappears in big games - 378k
    Ronaldo disappears in big games - 948k
    Zlatan disappears in big games - 277k

Phil Stant disappears in big games - 175k

Stant is better than Messi.

no i read his post and replied! i don't agree with you're opinion and reckon he'll get to 20 goals this season
    I thought he was capable of 50?? I'm totally fine with people not agreeing with an opinion, but when they show total disregard for 1) the topic and 2) the evidence, then often they're disagreeing with something I've not even said. For the record I'm just acknowledging the overwhelming evidence that Ibrahimovic under-performs in big games and therefore my opinion is that the hype that surrounds him is slightly unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It just sounds like you don't like Ibrahimovic tbh, everyone else is backing up their arguments with stats and you're just trying to debunk them using nonsense arguments.

He may not be a top tier player like Ronaldo or Messi but he wasnt far off at his peak.

Lets be fair your statement that hes never experienced organised defences such as "Watford, West Brom, and Sunderland" when hes played in Serie A and the Champions League for a large part of his careeer should have just been end of thread for you regardless of how much European football you watch, or blogs you read. Ludicrous statement.
    You're right, I could have worded that differently. I still believe West Brom f.ex. will give a striker a much tougher task than some of Serie A's bottom sides. Again, just have a look at Juve's results from last season. 4-0, 4-1, 3-0 are common. Which Prem club manages those kind of results consistently these days? Also look at the top 3 Serie A teams total goals scored last season. On average 10-15 goals more than the Prem's....(Disclaimer: these are apparently not deemed as statistics if you're called Croesy Blue.)

You're right, I could have worded that differently. I still believe West Brom f.ex. will give a striker a much tougher task than some of Serie A's bottom sides. Again, just have a look at Juve's results from last season. 4-0, 4-1, 3-0 are common. Which Prem club manages those kind of results consistently these days? Also look at the top 3 Serie A teams total goals scored last season. On average 10-15 goals more than the Prem's....(Disclaimer: these are apparently not deemed as statistics if you're called Croesy Blue.)
    Zlatan didnt play in Serie A last season though so whats the point of comparing last season? He played there in a time it was a far more competitive league than it is now.

Since the bribing scandal Serie A has gone one way. Downhill. You should have known that being an expert on European Football

It would also help if you didnt tell porkies in your stats he scored more than 2 major tournament goals and more than 7 goals im Champions League knockout stages.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 03-08-16 at 15:47.

I think he'll do decent but 20 goals is asking a lot of him. Can't see him getting near that.

The last time Zlatan played in Serie A - 2011/12 where he was top scorer with 28 in 32 the average goals conceded by a team was 48.6 compared to last season Premier League where the average was 51.3

The bottom half teams conceded 54.1 in Serie A that year compared to 59.3 in the Premier League last year.

And also in the interest of balance I compared West Brom (50) and Watford (48) to the teams who finished 13th and 14th in Serie A that season who only conceded 43 and 45 (88 total). Everton (55) and Sunderland (62) were poor examples of organised defences tomorrow.

So sorry your argument that he has never experienced organised defences, later changed to bottom half clubs, is not backed up statistically.

I thought he was capable of 50?? I'm totally fine with people not agreeing with an opinion, but when they show total disregard for 1) the topic and 2) the evidence, then often they're disagreeing with something I've not even said. For the record I'm just acknowledging the overwhelming evidence that Ibrahimovic under-performs in big games and therefore my opinion is that the hype that surrounds him is slightly unjustified.
    I was replying to someone else who said his stats are going downhill. Even Ronald and messi go missing in big games. Look at r onaldo in the champions league final last season he was shit. He's probably overrated in his own mind but he was and is still a class player

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You think English teams defend better than Italian teams?
    Zlatan didnt play in Serie A last season though so whats the point of comparing last season? He played there in a time it was a far more competitive league than it is now.

Since the bribing scandal Serie A has gone one way. Downhill. You should have known that being an expert on European Football

It would also help if you didnt tell porkies in your stats he scored more than 2 major tournament goals and more than 7 goals im Champions League knockout stages.
    I was responding to Flint's question.

You researched other points quite well, but you fail to provide your evidence for your last statement here. How many was it then? 8 goals in 40 Champions League knockout games? Hardly convincing for a star player in big games such as these. And regarding his goals for Sweden in major tournaments, I remember 2 goals in Euro 2012 (1 very fortunate). Did he even show up to the Euros just gone??
    Last edited by SgorauKoller; 03-08-16 at 17:37.

He's shite.

He will score about 8 to 10 up to Crimbo, then f*** all after that.

He will disappear without trace once it starts (ya, I know it's pi$$ing down now) raining.

I was responding to Flint's question.

You researched other points quite well, but you fail to provide your evidence for your last statement here. How many was it then? 8 goals in 40 Champions League knockout games? Hardly convincing for a star player in big games such as these. And regarding his goals for Sweden in major tournaments, I remember 2 goals in Euro 2012 (1 very fortunate). Did he even show up to the Euros just gone??
    No it wasn't a response to Flint you replied to my post picking you up on your ludicrous claims on the strength of the defending of teams such as Watford and Sunderland ffs.

Perhaps Zlatan would never have scored so many goals if you were the opposition goalkeeper as you keep trying to move the goal posts.

Do your own research I gave up counting once it was proved you were telling porkies in your stats. Poor form.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 03-08-16 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You think English teams defend better than Italian teams?

No it wasn't a response to Flint you replied to my post picking you up on your ludicrous claims on the strength of the defending of teams such as Watford and Sunderland ffs.

Perhaps Zlatan would never have scored so many goals if you were the opposition goalkeeper as you keep trying to move the goal posts.

Do your own research I gave up counting once it was proved you were telling porkies in your stats. Poor form.
    Wasn't. He's only scored 8 goals, and I said 'He's only scored 7 goals in 36 knock-out Champions League games (as of Feb 2016. Think he scored another shortly after...'. I was actually dead on, he scored in the next game - so he's got 8 from 37 (or 38 even if they went through to the semi).

Mostly in Ligue 1...Which PSG won...By March...With a 9-0 win over Troyes.

It was a joke league last season. If he gets half of that this season I'll eat the berets of each and every Parisian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Mostly in Ligue 1...Which PSG won...By March...With a 9-0 win over Troyes.

It was a joke league last season. If he gets half of that this season I'll eat the berets of each and every Parisian.
    The guy has more or less averaged a 1 in 2 goals to games ratio everywhere he's been his Sweden record is pretty amazing considering the sides they've had

I read that United have already made £76 million in Ibrahimovic shirt sales

I don't think they really care if he still has it not...but he definitely has. He'll score over 15 goals in the league this year imo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I read that United have already made £76 million in Ibrahimovic shirt sales

I don't think they really care if he still has it not...but he definitely has. He'll score over 15 goals in the league this year imo
    Troy Deeney got 15 goals last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Troy Deeney got 15 goals last season.
    Not a fair comparison. Deeney is in a good team.