+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zlatan

Re: Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I read that United have already made £76 million in Ibrahimovic shirt sales

I don't think they really care if he still has it not...but he definitely has. He'll score over 15 goals in the league this year imo
    Where the hell did you read that? The Beano?

They have a sponsorship deal with Nike for starters who pay them for the rights to sell the kits.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Wasn't. He's only scored 8 goals, and I said 'He's only scored 7 goals in 36 knock-out Champions League games (as of Feb 2016. Think he scored another shortly after...'. I was actually dead on, he scored in the next game - so he's got 8 from 37 (or 38 even if they went through to the semi).
    You said he only scored 2 in major tournaments and I gave up counting after 4 so like I said do your own research and at least do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Where the hell did you read that? The Beano?

They have a sponsorship deal with Nike for starters who pay them for the rights to sell the kits.
    A couple of places:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zl...ADQ&gws_rd=ssl

I'm not saying its definitely true, but look how massive United are globally. They're a top 3 club in the worlds most popular sport.

EDIT: I guess it just means £76 mil has been spent on the shirts, but imagine how much sponsorship money United must've received.
    Last edited by BlueArmy 86; 04-08-16 at 13:17.

A couple of places:

I'm not saying its definitely true, but look how massive United are globally. They're a top 3 club in the worlds most popular sport.
    First link is the sun.

Second link tells us that the sun story is bollox.

Edit: every other link gets their story from the sun.

I'd say it's pretty likely that the story is bullshit.

You said he only scored 2 in major tournaments and I gave up counting after 4 so like I said do your own research and at least do it properly.
    So you're not gonna bother commenting on his poor return in Champions League knockout games then?

A couple of places:

Correct that is why they have a massive deal with Nike (750m over 10 years). I assume that Nike then make the money on shirt sales as they are paying United 75m a season for that privelage.

Their turnover is just over 500m theres no way one player alone, in just two weeks, is going to earn them 76m in shirt sales.

So you're not gonna bother commenting on his poor return in Champions League knockout games then?
    No. No point conversing with a liar.

No. No point conversing with a liar.
    How petulant...

No. No point conversing 'cause I know you're right, Ibrahimovic seldom turns up when it matters.
    Fixed (with a bit of honesty.)

Fixed (with a bit of honesty.)
    "A bit of honesty" Oh the irony.

"A bit of honesty" Oh the irony.
    You're doing your utmost to find slight inaccuracies in my research, instead of disproving or just acknowledging the fact that Ibra's scoring record in the CL knockouts is rubbish.

In comparison... (with use of 3 articles and results from UEFA)
    CL Knockout Goals - Ronaldo 40 goals, Messi 37 goals, Raul 20 goals, Shevchenko 18 goals, even Inzaghi with 16 goals puts Ibrahellofamiss to shame.

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal 93 127 0.73 2003– Manchester United, Real Madrid
    2 Lionel Messi Argentina 83 106 0.78 2005– Barcelona
    3 Raúl Spain 71 142 0.5 1995–2011 Real Madrid, Schalke 04
    4 Ruud van Nistelrooy Netherlands 56 73 0.77 1998–2009 PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid
    5 Thierry Henry France 50 112 0.45 1997–2010 Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona
    6 Alfredo Di Stéfano Argentina 49 58 0.84 1955–64 Real Madrid
    7 Andriy Shevchenko Ukraine 48 100 0.48 1994–2012 Dynamo Kyiv, Milan, Chelsea
    8 Zlatan Ibrahimović Sweden 48 119 0.4 2001– Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, Barcelona, Milan, Paris Saint-Germain
    9 Eusébio Portugal 46 65 0.71 1961–74 Benfica
    10 Karim Benzema France 46 80 0.58 2006– Lyon, Real Madrid
    11 Filippo Inzaghi Italy 46 81 0.57 1997–2012 Juventus, Milan

Not a bad list to be part of. Knockout stages or not..

Only player to score with 6 different clubs as well.

You're doing your utmost to find slight inaccuracies in my research, instead of disproving or just acknowledging the fact that Ibra's scoring record in the CL knockouts is rubbish.

In comparison... (with use of 3 articles and results from UEFA)
    CL Knockout Goals - Ronaldo 40 goals, Messi 37 goals, Raul 20 goals, Shevchenko 18 goals, even Inzaghi with 16 goals puts Ibrahellofamiss to shame.
    With respect after my research put your "Zlatan has never experienced organised defences such as West Brom or Sunderland" claim to complete and utter shame im surprised you had the audacity to show back up on this thread.

I mean Sunderland ffs. If Sunderland having an organised defence that the likes of Zlatan would never have experienced is a "slight inaccuracy" then the Tall Midget must be 10 foot tall.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 04-08-16 at 14:57.

With respect after my research put your "Zlatan has never experienced organised defences such as West Brom or Sunderland" claim to complete and utter shame im surprised you had the audacity to show back up on this thread.

I mean Sunderland ffs. If Sunderland having an organised defence that the likes of Zlatan would never have experienced is a "slight inaccuracy" then the Tall Midget must be 10 foot tall.

Goal Zlatan. 82nd min.

Latest: Man Utd 2 - 1 Leicester in the Community Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Goal Zlatan. 82nd min.

Latest: Man Utd 2 - 1 Leicester in the Community Shield
    Not a big game though Mike

Not a big game though Mike
    What you on about!? Massive game! So big they allow each team 6 subs and it goes straight to pens after 90mins.

What you on about!? Massive game! So big they allow each team 6 subs and it goes straight to pens after 90mins.
    OUCH. You didn't want that to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Mike.
    Can you make this a sticky please.
    Really looking forward to this season
    Nothing wrong with watching talent.

4 in 3 now

Phil Neville is wearing a shirt and tie, a jacket and a jumper? In August?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Phil Neville is wearing a shirt and tie, a jacket and a jumper? In August?
    August is the new October

The last time Zlatan played in Serie A - 2011/12 where he was top scorer with 28 in 32 the average goals conceded by a team was 48.6 compared to last season Premier League where the average was 51.3

The bottom half teams conceded 54.1 in Serie A that year compared to 59.3 in the Premier League last year.

And also in the interest of balance I compared West Brom (50) and Watford (48) to the teams who finished 13th and 14th in Serie A that season who only conceded 43 and 45 (88 total). Everton (55) and Sunderland (62) were poor examples of organised defences tomorrow.

So sorry your argument that he has never experienced organised defences, later changed to bottom half clubs, is not backed up statistically.
    He's footballer of the year already then,I'm glad that's done and dusted

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He's footballer of the year already then,I'm glad that's done and dusted
    No not footballer of the year already but has he played against a quality of defence such as West Brom or Watford in his illustrious career? Absolutely

Another one.