+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City's Transfer Embargo

Cardiff City's Transfer Embargo

Thank God we got that lifted!............

Re: Cardiff City's Transfer Embargo

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Someone needs to tell the Cardiff board then, because I don't think they've had the memo yet.

Desparate to get rid of the rubbish brought in on obscene wages, so we can bring players in without risk of going back under an embargo I'd imagine.

Deals in the pipeline but nothing can happen until we move players out.

I'm sure we must have paid a fee for Immers (I tried to start a conversation as to how much we paid on here last week, but didn't receive a single reply ) and I would have thought that Kortrijk would have to be compensated for the million quid they paid for Zohore in January before promptly loaning him to us so he could sign on permanently at Cardiff a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm sure we must have paid a fee for Immers (I tried to start a conversation as to how much we paid on here last week, but didn't receive a single reply ) and I would have thought that Kortrijk would have to be compensated for the million quid they paid for Zohore in January before promptly loaning him to us so he could sign on permanently at Cardiff a few months later.
    Don't know about a fee for Immers but ultimately our owner funded the original purchase of Zohore for Kortrijk and I would imagine it makes more sense that the Belgian club was seen to have shelled out the money rather than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    Don't know about a fee for Immers but ultimately our owner funded the original purchase of Zohore for Kortrijk and I would imagine it makes more sense that the Belgian club was seen to have shelled out the money rather than us?
    I see what you mean, but I would be pretty annoyed at an arrangement like that if I were a Kortrijk fan.

Yes true, you would think the arrangement would be reciprocal, with some benefit to both clubs. I'm sure they would be delighted to have macheda and alf!

Blue in the Face

I see what you mean, but I would be pretty annoyed at an arrangement like that if I were a Kortrijk fan.
    Not sure I agree Bob. Didn't Vinny buy the entire club for something like 2m euros?

If his Cardiff pattern is anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised if Tan has invested a fair whack, by their levels, into Kortrijk. If Tan wants to creatively make a million our his own money go missing without hurting their club, I'm not sure I see their complaint. It might mean they have less leeway for FFP. But skirting near the FFP limits is not a healthy way to run a club anyway. Particularly one playing in a much smaller economy like the Belgian Pro League.

Incidentally. Kortrijk are playing Gent today. Could be a good chance to find a stream and check out our "sister" club.

In all honesty any fee that may have been paid for Immers would have been as they like to say "nominal" for a 30 year old in the last year of his contract. I wouldn't want to go back to the care free spending of a few years ago but I would like to see someone like Marshall go if it meant we could use that money to buy 2-3 quality new players to pep up a side which I think over achieved last season.

In all honesty any fee that may have been paid for Immers would have been as they like to say "nominal" for a 30 year old in the last year of his contract. I wouldn't want to go back to the care free spending of a few years ago but I would like to see someone like Marshall go if it meant we could use that money to buy 2-3 quality new players to pep up a side which I think over achieved last season.
    Someone who has consistently scored one goal every three matches from midfield through his career and had four other Championship clubs interested in him being sold for a "nominal fee"? As I've said before, I've no idea what we spent on Immers, because I think a decent case could be made for it being anything from nothing to £1 million. My guess would be that we spent a bit more than the sort of amount which would be regarded as "nominal" on him - if we didn't then the club have done extremely well to get him.

Blue in the Face

Someone who has consistently scored one goal every three matches from midfield through his career and had four other Championship clubs interested in him being sold for a "nominal fee"? As I've said before, I've no idea what we spent on Immers, because I think a decent case could be made for it being anything from nothing to £1 million. My guess would be that we spent a bit more than the sort of amount which would be regarded as "nominal" on him - if we didn't then the club have done extremely well to get him.
    Definitely with you here. Perhaps there is a lack of acknowledgment for the Immers signing because he was already at loan at Cardiff and the transfer was dealt with so early in the window. The logic you apply to the fee makes a lot of sense.

Do I detect a hit of sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Are you FBI trained?

Oops, I did it again

Yes true, you would think the arrangement would be reciprocal, with some benefit to both clubs. I'm sure they would be delighted to have macheda and alf!
    That's not a bad shout tbf.

It doesn't seem like they're trying that hard to find another club, so ship em off to Sarajevo for a bit.

I cant wait for the headline
    Kortrijk sign Dikgacoi ,le Fondre and Macheda in £10 million deal

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Are you FBI trained?

Oops, I did it again
    You ARE Britney Spears and I claim my five pounds.