+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will Trollope take us?

Banned

Where will Trollope take us?

Backwards
    Forwards
    Never never land
    Last edited by Tandy; 30-07-16 at 22:51.

Re: Where will Trollope take us?

"Us" ??

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "Us" ??
    midtable mediocrity

it will also depend on how many times you change the colours of your shirts.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    midtable mediocrity

Hahhahahhahahahha! Because we changed our colours once! Hahahahahhahahhahahaha! Only a ****head club would do that!

Good to have you back chris

Banned

midtable mediocrity

I don't think the FA allows you to change kit half way through season.

The bookies seem to think mid-table as well. For a top 12 finish, best price is evens at Betfair, and for a bottom 12 finish it's 10-11 at Paddy Power, SkyBet and Ladbrokes. So a potential profit of 100% or 91% for optimists and pessimists hereabouts.

midtable mediocrity

I can understand a Leeds fan dreaming of reaching Mid table mediocrity tbf, and we've changed our shirt colour the same number of times as Leeds. The only difference is, our owner eventually realised it was a silly decision, and reversed it.
    Unlike Leeds who abandoned their traditional colours on a whim, permanently.

newcastle will win the league at a canter , the championship is becoming more predictable as the years go by .

the teams that are relegated now have a massive advantage due to parachute payments, which is totally wrong., but that is football nowadays unfortunately. money talks unless the bubble bursts.

they will be the odd surprise now and again, but basically it is down to the richest chairmen, who flash the cash

Yep, Cardiff, Leicester and Bournemouth all Champions between 2013 and 2015 and all solely because of their huge and unfair parachute payments - oh hang on.

Truth is, we've not been able to mount a convincing promotion challenge since we started receiving parachute payments, but at least we haven't got relegated with them like Wolves did or spent the last two seasons fighting against the drop like Fulham have.

Well it'll be Brum first, then Bristol

Get the picture

The fact that you seem to want Trollope to fail cos he's not your precious Russell speaks volumes mate.

It doesn't take much to see that we look a far better unit in the short time that Trollope has been here.

People talking about promotion at this stage is very premature I agree but it has never been about quick fixes for me.

I read an article by Phil Smith this morning and he seemed to be on the same wavelength as I am. He spoke about Bournemouth having an identity throughout the club that has taken a long time to establish. He said that in spells we put together some very good patterns of play that made for a very competitive game. However we as fans need to show a bit of patience in order for this style of play to take root and this may take two or three years.

I'd take this any day of the week compared to the week by week, one step forward two steps back approach of Russell Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Backwards
    Forwards
    Never never land
    Shopping, then the beach if its sunny

midtable mediocrity

And Leeds have never changed the colour of their kits before have they?! Bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The fact that you seem to want Trollope to fail cos he's not your precious Russell speaks volumes mate.

It doesn't take much to see that we look a far better unit in the short time that Trollope has been here.

People talking about promotion at this stage is very premature I agree but it has never been about quick fixes for me.

I read an article by Phil Smith this morning and he seemed to be on the same wavelength as I am. He spoke about Bournemouth having an identity throughout the club that has taken a long time to establish. He said that in spells we put together some very good patterns of play that made for a very competitive game. However we as fans need to show a bit of patience in order for this style of play to take root and this may take two or three years.

I'd take this any day of the week compared to the week by week, one step forward two steps back approach of Russell Slade.
    Spot on Gringo, and I feel we'll get a fair few more fans down the CCS this season also. I'm feeling very positive about this season and like you say if we're trying to play the game the right way we'll have more good days than bad.

We're largely in the same boat as last year where challenging for 6th place is the goal and we may fall short again. The difference this year is that I'm more confident that young players will be given a chance, Trollope will identify players with potential he has pre-existing experience of and will be willing to promote them, we won't win two games in a row just twice (or was it more than that in the end?), a striker won't keep starting if he goes two months without scoring, and we'll keep the team spirit that Slade helped bring in. That's not to say that Slade wasn't good for us but he did what was needed and now we need something different.

Its bizzare.

He and that Chepstow guy spent pretty much all of last season, defending Slade because they always back the manager as they are true fans. Now Trollope is in charge, they seem to go on more fishing trips than Robson Green trying to get people to slag him off.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Its bizzare.

He and that Chepstow guy spent pretty much all of last season, defending Slade because they always back the manager as they are true fans. Now Trollope is in charge, they seem to go on more fishing trips than Robson Green trying to get people to slag him off.
    With the greatest respect you are talking utter bollox man. Ive said nothing negative about trollope or the team for the forthcoming season but have expressed a concern about our penchant for anything welsh? . I have its true repeated my previous concerns about our full backs ability to defend (fabio). I have also expressed doubt about zohore ability to be an effective championship forward but i hope im wrong. What i will not do is get too excited about our chances as some are doing. Of course i want success but time will tell as the overriding policies within the club remain unchanged from last season, they being no real money spent, A dilution in numbers, a recruitment committee of 4 of which trollope is one, a continued cost cutting exercise re affirmed again as recently as this week by the powers that be and a new rather odd attempt to recruit anything welsh? If you sak me if trollope will better slades 8th place finish..... I dont really know but my head tells me probably not

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    With the greatest respect you are talking utter bollox man. Ive said nothing negative about trollope or the team for the forthcoming season but have expressed a concern about our penchant for anything welsh? . I have its true repeated my previous concerns about our full backs ability to defend (fabio). I have also expressed doubt about zohore ability to be an effective championship forward but i hope im wrong. What i will not do is get too excited about our chances as some are doing. Of course i want success but time will tell as the overriding policies within the club remain unchanged from last season, they being no real money spent, A dilution in numbers, a recruitment committee of 4 of which trollope is one, a continued cost cutting exercise re affirmed again as recently as this week by the powers that be and a new rather odd attempt to recruit anything welsh? If you sak me if trollope will better slades 8th place finish..... I dont really know but my head tells me probably not
    I would be happy with 8th but playing better football that we saw under Slade,which is more than possible.

With the greatest respect I'm not.
    You defended Slade without question, even when he refused to change formation, tactics, personnel etc.
    For some reason you don't afford Trollope the same courtesy.
    I was mainly on about Tandy with the hidden agenda not you by the way.

Why don't you think we'll do better than last season

This season? I think we will probably finish below 7th place. However, I expect progress to be made in terms of direction, formation, strategy etc. I guess what I'm saying is that there is some hope. As I see it, right now.

We'll know in about 6 months.

Blue in the Face

Just a few tangible reasons for optimism here...

1. Immers. Last year he proved to the glue between midfield and attack. He also looks like he could be the outfield leader we've needed for a long time. This time, injuries permitting, well have him for the whole season.

2. Purified squad. Yes we are getting wasteful wages off the outgoings, but does this make our playing squad weaker than last year? Perhaps we will be stronger if the squad if there is a more unanimously healthy work ethic.

3. Formation. Provided our players can implement it properly, the change of set up means we might have a good start to the season. Our opponents won't have much research material to go on to know how to break us down. It could take some time into the season to work us out. If we have a good start, that will breed confidence and ease pressure.

midtable mediocrity

lolz

it cood be wurse.

we cood all be as illiterate as yew.

and talk in short, sharp sentences.

like this

Thick prick.

Blue in the Face

Sky Sports Cardiff City: Sky Bet Championship season preview 2016/17

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...review-201617?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Why don't you think we'll do better than last season
    We have lost the only real goalscorer of any account in jones. He was lazy and infuriating but he had prem experience and would have got 15 to 20 goals all day long in this league. Zohore is a poor replacement imo. We a relying on "footballing" our way through the league this season if that makes sense. Manga,conns, fabio, john, richards noone, pilkington, whitts, ralls are all nice footballers. Can they defend for their lives or tough a game out.... No!! Manga has been found out before when a game gets tough. The only real in your face players we have are pelts and big sean? We dont have a huds or big ben. As m
    Much as i am looking fwd to a better style of play.... We are just not strong enough to last the course

K