+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking forward to the new season

Looking forward to the new season

Morning ladies, gents and anyone else.

I cannot wait for next weekend. Luckily it's been one of those years where we have a summer tournament. I'm optimistic about the changes the club have made in the off season and think we could have a surprising season.

What do you think?

Re: Looking forward to the new season

Looking forward to it too.
    New boss, new formation , opportunities for some underused players.
    New pitch !
    Just wish we had got more of our transfer work done, still only half complete.

When Trollope was first announced I, like most, was underwhelmed, and like most on this forum assumed Cardiff would have a mediocre mid table season.

I can only go on from the highlights I see from CCPlayer and forum reaction for my views, but the steady optimism that has crept in over the last few weeks has me convinced that Cardiff can mount a challenge for promotion. Looking at the rest of the Championship, the play offs are not a world away.

There is definitely far greater confidence that we have a management team and backroom staff that are far more capable and prepared than in recent seasons.
    I also believe that there is far more of a buzz within the club than there has been in recent years.

Norwich and Newcastle look strong, not convinced by Villa. Traditionally however only one may go up automatically (someone may prove me wrong here). I also think defensively we are strong, so hopefully we can keep it tight at the back and one of the strikers come good. I'm not convinced Pilkington can lead the line for a whole season mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    When Trollope was first announced I, like most, was underwhelmed, and like most on this forum assumed Cardiff would have a mediocre mid table season.

I can only go on from the highlights I see from CCPlayer and forum reaction for my views, but the steady optimism that has crept in over the last few weeks has me convinced that Cardiff can mount a challenge for promotion. Looking at the rest of the Championship, the play offs are not a world away.
    Agree with you we could suprise a lot of people.

Like others, I was underwhelmed when Trollope was promotes to manager.
    I spoke to a player through work who played under him when he was at Norwich. If what he says about Trollope is true (and I have no reason why he would lie) then I am happy that we will be top half with a better style of play and a happier squad.

I still think we lack a lot of pace to really be up in the top 6 at the end, but that's down to the squad he inherited more than anything else. If he can get the best out of players like Noone, Harris etc (and this is where the guy in work said he was the best he has worked under for doing) then this may not be a problem.